Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto - page 73. (Read 149779 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 101
yes, we are !

prepare for a hard fork with zawy difficultiy implemented to prevent insta-mining attack... and little few bugs fixed. This mean new daemon and wallet updated.

New daemon and cli-wallet are testnet tested, running and working fine.

I "only" have to fix the gui wallet, but I ask me if I better do not to write a cleaner one with a recent cross platform framework instead of trying to understand 2 years old forked code.

And yes, only 3-4 people donate, it's the truth so if you want t to go on exchange, donate. We have to setup nodes too and I have on mind to setup them all around the word. This mean renting servers.

It's a community project and I assume that I never get money for this works (3 weeks of hard word yet). I just want to have a performing currency that can go on exchange without shame.

Any suggestions and help are welcome.

I also notice that there are 3 pool and... only one is performing fast because major hashrate point to it. For the real real real real stability of this coin, the 3 pools should run at the same rate. So don't be shy : it's the same yield : Lower hashrate mean spaced in time payement but bigger profits.

Masari too is hard-forking to switch to zawy DAA tomorrow.
Any idea which VPS provider is currently good for running non-mining nodes?
If you accumulate enough IRD, you will certainly get rewarded financially once the coin gets known. That's why I proposed that the dev team asks for IRD donations now, not later when the coin hits $1.

Edit: Also as I proposed earlier, the pools could add another 0.5% for the devs. A total of 1% in fees is really nothing for every miner, but quite a few coins every day from every pool.
https://ird.uvac.fr will not stop too !

Hey, any news about fixed share difficulty?  Wink
Activity: 361
Merit: 11
Iridium (IRD) dev
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
On my way home and im so exited I just cant wait to get back just cuz of this project !  Smiley Smiley Smiley
irdpool .tk will continue to run as long as it doesn't present a time sink (for me, personally). I rarely receive support questions so it's not an issue to keep the website running.

This pool works well and I prefer it among other things because of the plots.
I think you can safely remove the "this pool is in beta" warning.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
keep rolling IRD along.... Smiley
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
irdpool .tk will continue to run as long as it doesn't present a time sink (for me, personally). I rarely receive support questions so it's not an issue to keep the website running.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Activity: 7
Activity: 868
Merit: 279
Post on mine77.net: 28-Nov-2017: Sorry for the recent downtime. Due to my upcoming travel schedule, during which I will have limited access to the Internet for the most of the month of December, I am shutting down the pool permanently on 10-Dec-2017. Please switch to another pool by then!

If the admin pool mine77 is reading this, I can help support this and pick it up.
ROFL.
I can try help also

Hey has any IRD miner dumped you 1,000k coins for $1? If that's the case damn that's a really juicy price I'd be buying at that price too if anyone wants to get rid of their coins.
Activity: 3
The pool will gone or these coin will dead?
Adding to my scam lists.
Activity: 48
Post on mine77.net: 28-Nov-2017: Sorry for the recent downtime. Due to my upcoming travel schedule, during which I will have limited access to the Internet for the most of the month of December, I am shutting down the pool permanently on 10-Dec-2017. Please switch to another pool by then!

If the admin pool mine77 is reading this, I can help support this and pick it up.
Activity: 60
Merit: 6
Whole lotta $IRD

Reasonable? He sounds too much optimistic imho

But well articulated and understandable optimism Smiley
 Smiley
Activity: 238
The main problem for reaching high price that our single feature (comparable to Monero) is low supply.
We need real technological superiority, not speculatory
I'm not criticizing I just want to make it better)
The main problem for reaching high price that our single feature (comparable to Monero) is low supply.
We need real technological superiority, not speculatory
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
If you think we can do half as well as SIGT – the only other mainstream no-premine altcoin in the last couple quarters (I think it’s fair to call us mainstream at 50+ forum pages) – then we would get a market cap of US$1.3 million in the short term.  That means price will eventually be close to $1/IRD, but it won’t launch like that.  Expect it to launch much lower (maybe 50 cents/ IRD) especially if it launches on a low volume exchange like SouthXchange, and build up to $1/IRD over a few months.

I think this is reasonable because we don't have any of the drama around SIGT and we definitely have as-strong or stronger community, but we don't have a flashy new algo.  So saying we can do half their market cap in a few months seems like a reasonable way to get low-end estimate of potential (and I'm suggesting we will launch at half of that potential, so 50 cents/IRD).

Agreed.  Jump on the discord.  You sound reasonable.

Reasonable? He sounds too much optimistic imho
Activity: 48
If I start node on the server writes "Failed to connect to any of the seed peers"

Where is the mistake? And how to fix it?

Logs:
2017-Nov-28 05:26:15.976366 INFO    Attempting to add IGD port mapping.
2017-Nov-28 05:26:19.980428 INFO    No IGD was found.
2017-Nov-28 05:26:19.980539 INFO    P2p server initialized OK
2017-Nov-28 05:26:19.980662 INFO    Starting core rpc server on address 127.0.0.1:13007
2017-Nov-28 05:26:19.980790 INFO    Core rpc server started ok
2017-Nov-28 05:26:19.980846 INFO    Starting p2p net loop...
2017-Nov-28 05:26:19.980892 INFO    Starting node_server
2017-Nov-28 05:26:59.984466 ERROR   Failed to connect to any of seed peers, continuing without seeds
Activity: 3
Normal difficult its back but reward reduced 3%.
Activity: 60
Merit: 6
Whole lotta $IRD
If you think we can do half as well as SIGT – the only other mainstream no-premine altcoin in the last couple quarters (I think it’s fair to call us mainstream at 50+ forum pages) – then we would get a market cap of US$1.3 million in the short term.  That means price will eventually be close to $1/IRD, but it won’t launch like that.  Expect it to launch much lower (maybe 50 cents/ IRD) especially if it launches on a low volume exchange like SouthXchange, and build up to $1/IRD over a few months.

I think this is reasonable because we don't have any of the drama around SIGT and we definitely have as-strong or stronger community, but we don't have a flashy new algo.  So saying we can do half their market cap in a few months seems like a reasonable way to get low-end estimate of potential (and I'm suggesting we will launch at half of that potential, so 50 cents/IRD).

Agreed.  Jump on the discord.  You sound reasonable.
Will devs implement new difficulty adjustment algorithm?
Pages:
Jump to: