Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto - page 72. (Read 149779 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
how to get free coin dev?
next wallet will include a miner...
Just a proper ability to solo mine on both systems would be enough.
Curently windows wallet is unable.
On linux I couldn't make miner connect to the wallet daemon nor mine by wallet itself.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
If this coin will have masternode! than to the moon!
Activity: 361
Merit: 11
Iridium (IRD) dev
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Iridium (IRD) dev
Ok here is what needs to happen before the coin gets to an exchange.
1.Hard fork implementing the Zawy difficulty algorithm in order to fix the nicehash issues.
2.New faster better looking and easier to use wallet.
3.Implementing Master Nodes

AND

4.Listing on a exchange
Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting.

-Joyce Meyer

1st point is near...
2nd point is near too : while preparing the hardfork, I ask me if it will not be better to change the look and features of the gui wallet, so I did it.
3d point is tied : (2 nodes more are planned, so a total of four will be in use.)

To Answer people how want to know what is a master node  : it's a 24/24, 7/7 node that is hard coded in wallets. so when you first start the wallet, those master nodes tell you where to find others peers to spread the blockchain. they also are used for validating transactions and block.

I know we miss communication but answers will come after the next major release.

For privacy : node doesn't matter : only the mixin in transactions. next release will use a mixin 5 by default (like monero but not mandatory)
Activity: 868
Merit: 279
So I want to understand this. If 18,750,000 million coins are going to be mined the first year. That means that approximately 52k coins are mined a day. And until this day, there might be around 5 million coins mined right? I don't know but if there has been few miners mining this, that means their bags are heavy, it will take some time to distribute those coins.
Activity: 74
Those kind of dumps aint serious 100-500 coins at a time price dump is not shocking and hopefully people interested in the project will see it as a oportunity to buy at low price low quanteties and keep some what stable price from the start once the 100-500-1000-2000 coin dumps are over we will be left with a stabel and slowly growing price.Em i wrong ?
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
I think master nodes need to be added simply to avoid a huge dump of the coin the moment it gets listed on a excahnge.
Well, thats a good suggestion as I think. But those who have 100-500-1000-3000 etc coins will dump anyway, because MN wont be below 10k coins imho.
I think master nodes need to be added simply to avoid a huge dump of the coin the moment it gets listed on a excahnge.
Edit*
I dont see how master nodes are a privacy issue.
People who like to keep their privacy to the maximum just wont get master nodes in it ? Or get the master node trough VPN service to secure ur privacy just like Dash master nodes work.
Activity: 238
Yeah why do we need masternodes?
Activity: 307
Merit: 101

1.Hard fork implementing the Zawy difficulty algorithm in order to fix the nicehash issues.

I don't see masternodes on the roadmap in the ANN.
Yes, the DAA change isn't on that roadmap either, but it is rather a "bugfix" born out of necessity.

Regarding masternodes, don't they defeat the purpose of having privacy? Genuine question, since I am not into masternode coins.

AND

4.Listing on a exchange

Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting.

-Joyce Meyer
I stop mining this coin already, now waiting for the exchange, don;t know when it can be listed, hope the price don't be so low  Cry Cry Cry

I'm sure it will be very low until those who have only waited for an exchange will have finally dumped their coins.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
I stop mining this coin already, now waiting for the exchange, don;t know when it can be listed, hope the price don't be so low  Cry Cry Cry
Is there a required amount of coins to run an IRD node?

It's a node, not a masternode.

That's what I asked an IRD node. I was wondering because you said if you accumulate enough IRD you could get rewarded very good financially speaking. I was wondering what are the financial benefits of running a node.

My statement was not related to running a node, but to another point in the quoted message.
Iridium (IRD) dev

The global hashrate shown on mine77 is correct. The one shown on irdpool and uvac is wrong.

At the moment it looks like this:

mine77:
Hash Rate: 40.70 KH/sec
Difficulty: 7122369
Blockchain Height: 42078

irdpool:
Hash Rate: 59.35 KH/sec

uvac:

If we divide the difficulty by the blocktime (175s) we get 40.70kH/s.
In order to get the 59.35kH/s shown in the two other pools we would have to divide by 120s.
Therefore the two other pools are deriving the global hashrate from the difficulty based on a wrongly assumed nominal block time of 120s. Correct would be 175s.
I guess it's just one settings parameter to fix for the operators. It has however no influence on the mining itself. It is only confusing.

Also again the reminder that the pool hashrate is a value measured by the shares submitted by the miners. Yes, averaged over some time. But it is a factual measurement and is very accurate.
However the global hashrate shown is derived from the difficulty. It is therefore an estimate and does pretty much never show the true global hashrate. The true global hashrate is unknown and can only be estimated over the difficulty which itself is adjusted by the speed at which the blocks get found. Since the DAA always trails reality (it can only look into the past), the estimated global hashrate is never showing the present, but some estimate based on past performance. Even more so when the DAA is rather slow like it is still the case with IRD.

Absolutely right ! I will change this asap...

edit : done... https://ird.uvac.fr show the correct global IRD network hashrate now. Thank for pointing this...

That's what I asked an IRD node. I was wondering because you said if you accumulate enough IRD you could get rewarded very good financially speaking. I was wondering what are the financial benefits of running a node.
Global hashrate is 105 kH/s on my pool ( https://ird.uvac.fr ), 72 kH/s on mine77 ( https://mine77.net ) while the pool is running at 72kH/s too Huh and 105 kH/s at [Suspicious link removed] (http://[Suspicious link removed])

I think mine77 global pool stats are wrong, it seems like it's the same as the pool rate...

The global hashrate shown on mine77 is correct. The one shown on irdpool and uvac is wrong.

At the moment it looks like this:

mine77:
Hash Rate: 40.70 KH/sec

irdpool:

uvac:

If we divide the difficulty by the blocktime (175s) we get 40.70kH/s.
In order to get the 59.35kH/s shown in the two other pools we would have to divide by 120s.
Therefore the two other pools are deriving the global hashrate from the difficulty based on a wrongly assumed nominal block time of 120s. Correct would be 175s.
I guess it's just one settings parameter to fix for the operators. It has however no influence on the mining itself. It is only confusing.

Also again the reminder that the pool hashrate is a value measured by the shares submitted by the miners. Yes, averaged over some time. But it is a factual measurement and is very accurate.
However the global hashrate shown is derived from the difficulty. It is therefore an estimate and does pretty much never show the true global hashrate. The true global hashrate is unknown and can only be estimated over the difficulty which itself is adjusted by the speed at which the blocks get found. Since the DAA always trails reality (it can only look into the past), the estimated global hashrate is never showing the present, but some estimate based on past performance. Even more so when the DAA is rather slow like it is still the case with IRD.

yes, we are !

prepare for a hard fork with zawy difficultiy implemented to prevent insta-mining attack... and little few bugs fixed. This mean new daemon and wallet updated.

New daemon and cli-wallet are testnet tested, running and working fine.

I "only" have to fix the gui wallet, but I ask me if I better do not to write a cleaner one with a recent cross platform framework instead of trying to understand 2 years old forked code.

And yes, only 3-4 people donate, it's the truth so if you want t to go on exchange, donate. We have to setup nodes too and I have on mind to setup them all around the word. This mean renting servers.

It's a community project and I assume that I never get money for this works (3 weeks of hard word yet). I just want to have a performing currency that can go on exchange without shame.

Any suggestions and help are welcome.

I also notice that there are 3 pool and... only one is performing fast because major hashrate point to it. For the real real real real stability of this coin, the 3 pools should run at the same rate. So don't be shy : it's the same yield : Lower hashrate mean spaced in time payement but bigger profits.

Masari too is hard-forking to switch to zawy DAA tomorrow.
Any idea which VPS provider is currently good for running non-mining nodes?
If you accumulate enough IRD, you will certainly get rewarded financially once the coin gets known. That's why I proposed that the dev team asks for IRD donations now, not later when the coin hits $1.

Edit: Also as I proposed earlier, the pools could add another 0.5% for the devs. A total of 1% in fees is really nothing for every miner, but quite a few coins every day from every pool.

Pages:
Jump to: