Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto - page 71. (Read 149779 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 101
what will happen to the old coins after hardfork?

Will be the procedure for swapping?

There's no "old coins" and no "swapping". From where do you guys pull out this crap?
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Will be the procedure for swapping?
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Activity: 238
Hardcoded seed nodes is ok, no masternodes to the people, it is not fair. Wr just need a diff. adjustment corrrectly with by ZEW algo

thanks.

The diff. adjustment has been implemented into the new code. We will be having a hard fork soon. Once we know the exact date, we will let everyone know. Currently, we have a new wallet developed. Here is a sneak peak of the new wallet...

As for exchanges, once we implement the new diff. and new wallet, we will be joined an exchange. Which one? I guess you'll have to see. Wink

One small step for the dev team one giant leap for the community  Smiley Smiley

All I can say!Good job guys !
It's alive!
Let's make it great
LsL
Activity: 140
Merit: 40
well done guys! Smiley
i have to say goodbye to my intensecoin wallet and cpu miner Wink
Activity: 74
Hardcoded seed nodes is ok, no masternodes to the people, it is not fair. Wr just need a diff. adjustment corrrectly with by ZEW algo

thanks.

The diff. adjustment has been implemented into the new code. We will be having a hard fork soon. Once we know the exact date, we will let everyone know. Currently, we have a new wallet developed. Here is a sneak peak of the new wallet...

As for exchanges, once we implement the new diff. and new wallet, we will be joined an exchange. Which one? I guess you'll have to see. Wink

One small step for the dev team one giant leap for the community  Smiley Smiley

All I can say!Good job guys !
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

thanks.

Activity: 83

thanks.
how to get free coin dev?
next wallet will include a miner...

when it will be out?
From what I know should be realesd in the next week or two at the most  Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
Activity: 868
Merit: 279
Masternodes are not needed, they are just a lame excuse to pump the price encouraging fomo on people when they see price increasing and they start fearing they won't be able to buy enough for the collateral requirement, so once enough people cashed out and trap new investors, price plummets and you're pretty much forced to keep the masternode running in the hope that rewards will correct your holdings value to where it was when you got trapped in the pump. Same thing happens with high pos coins. That's why Iridium by itself can have a sustainable outcome without the need of implementing a pos system, no matter what people say that pos is the future of crypto and pos is "ecofriendly". Pos supporters usually bash pow coins by saying they are so wasteful. They might be, but when you spend resources to generate coins, that cost or expense backs up the value of the coin. Mining does pollute earth by consuming so much electricity but I believe energy alternatives can be implemented so pow coins ecological footprint has less impact than now. But if any coin has to be worried about the future, I would say that the first thing to consider is quantum computing.
Activity: 361
Merit: 11
Iridium (IRD) dev
Masternodes - great idea, I think.
No master nodes planned - point.
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk
Masternodes - great idea, I think.
How the fuck are you going to implement masternodes when nobody can ever know everyone else's balance? Are you going to force masternodes to publish their viewkeys for everyone to see?
Ok, no master node planned yet... Do you know a cryptonight based coin with those master nodes ?

For now, we are concentrating efforts on the hard fork with diff fixed, stable network (2 new nodes just started), new gui wallet (groovy and sexier) and new graphic design...

As I said previously, I am not into masternode coins. I don't consider the concept of MNs to have any merit.
We know that one alleged problem of PoW coins is the fact that people who run nodes are not getting financially rewarded. But masternodes are certainly not the solution to it.

The solution was already laid out by Satoshi himself. It's the simple fact that people who mine and people who run exchanges or payment processors or people who accept lots of payments will automatically run nodes, because their business depends on it. Simple users who have no business interest can still run them if they wish, but most will not, which is just fine, and use SPV wallets (like they don't run personal email servers either for their email clients). That's how Bitcoin, the mother of all PoW coins, was supposed to be. And yes, a part of the Bitcoin community, mostly consisting of economic nitwits obviously, does indeed claim that the entire global payment network must run through their PotatoPi in their bedroom. No, it doesn't and Satoshi said that already just like this. Therefore the incentive structure for nodes is just fine as it is.

For Iridium like with any other PoW coin this means that initially there will be only very few nodes, run mostly by devs and mining pools. Later will join some exchanges and eventually other businesses too, depending on adoption.

And anyone is of course free to add his own node to the network. After all it is open, decentralized and so on.

Can anyone recommend a VPS provider for running nodes?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
this looks very interesting, where cna i subscribe for emails?
Iridium (IRD) dev
Those nodes hardcoded in the wallet sound like seed nodes to me.

Masternodes are nodes which enable instant transactions and the people operating them get a percentage of the tx fee. They need to hold however a certain amount of coins as collateral to qualify as "masternode".
I don't remember which coin had those first (Dash?) but since then every coin and its dog goes that route. Because a) it enables people to earn interest with a (Pos-free) PoW coin and b) it locks the collateral which means it cuts the supply on the exchange, resulting in an artificial price increase.

From what I understand Iridium does not have masternodes on the roadmap, neither are they being worked on.

If anyone can come up with a good argument why masternodes make sense technically in a coin which can do the mixin without masternodes, please do so.
Ok, no master node planned yet... Do you know a cryptonight based coin with those master nodes ?

For now, we are concentrating efforts on the hard fork with diff fixed, stable network (2 new nodes just started), new gui wallet (groovy and sexier) and new graphic design...
Iridium (IRD) dev
how to get free coin dev?
next wallet will include a miner...
Just a proper ability to solo mine on both systems would be enough.
Curently windows wallet is unable.
On linux I couldn't make miner connect to the wallet daemon nor mine by wallet itself.
Solo mining is easy : just make a local pool :-)
Ok here is what needs to happen before the coin gets to an exchange.
1.Hard fork implementing the Zawy difficulty algorithm in order to fix the nicehash issues.
2.New faster better looking and easier to use wallet.
3.Implementing Master Nodes

AND

4.Listing on a exchange
Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting.

-Joyce Meyer

1st point is near...
2nd point is near too : while preparing the hardfork, I ask me if it will not be better to change the look and features of the gui wallet, so I did it.
3d point is tied : (2 nodes more are planned, so a total of four will be in use.)

To Answer people how want to know what is a master node  : it's a 24/24, 7/7 node that is hard coded in wallets. so when you first start the wallet, those master nodes tell you where to find others peers to spread the blockchain. they also are used for validating transactions and block.

I know we miss communication but answers will come after the next major release.

For privacy : node doesn't matter : only the mixin in transactions. next release will use a mixin 5 by default (like monero but not mandatory)

Those nodes hardcoded in the wallet sound like seed nodes to me.

Masternodes are nodes which enable instant transactions and the people operating them get a percentage of the tx fee. They need to hold however a certain amount of coins as collateral to qualify as "masternode".
I don't remember which coin had those first (Dash?) but since then every coin and its dog goes that route. Because a) it enables people to earn interest with a (Pos-free) PoW coin and b) it locks the collateral which means it cuts the supply on the exchange, resulting in an artificial price increase.

From what I understand Iridium does not have masternodes on the roadmap, neither are they being worked on.

If anyone can come up with a good argument why masternodes make sense technically in a coin which can do the mixin without masternodes, please do so.
The roadmap may be changed by the community since its a communnity project as well as the whitepapers of the project which is precicely said in the ann of the coin.
Master node is not something we should vote on but deffinetly have if we would like to see this coin go somewhere whitout getting dumped at lets say 0.70$... its something we woudnt need if the stuff with the old dev didnt happen.But im okay with setting up a vote and see what the majority of the community thinks and go based upon that if we should or shouldnt inplement master nodes Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Masternodes will devide the block reward than. Between miers and MN holders.
MN are not in Roadmap as someone already said before. So its not that fair to implement them now.
Pages:
Jump to: