Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | 10/24 Update: KeyTrader v2 - Windows + Mac - page 17. (Read 100859 times)

Activity: 732
Merit: 500
There's definitely an element of compound interest but it's hard to create a formula which will tell you how many coins you will get in 1 year because there are too many factors to take into account. At minimum it takes 8 hours before an input becomes eligible to stake but the time taken is also dependent on the number of coins in that input, on my staking wallet I have some unspent inputs that are 60 hours old and haven't staked yet.

Lets say you deposit 1000, after the first cycle the input for 1000 is spent and in return you'd get 2 new inputs of 500 (+ interest, +fees (if applicable)), then at the next cycle you stake each of these 2 inputs and end up with 4 inputs of 250 (+interest, +fees (if applicable)). This process continues so you end up getting ever more inputs of ever decreasing values, each of which require staking.

I personally thought this process of creating ever more transactions continued indefinitely and as such used to manually send all these tiny inputs as larger values every few days. However, I have since learned that the wallet keeps the number of inputs in check itself. If there are too many unspent inputs then it may take several smaller inputs of appropriate coin age and stake them simultaneously, creating 1 new input and bringing the unspent input count back down.

I only wish more people would stake. The more coins removed from Bittrex, the better for all.

Thanks for the input. Yea I've getting about 1000 stake-mined transactions a day. All very small fractions of a full coin. I'd definitely like to see others take interest in the staking as well. I've almost got half the network weight. I get on average about 9.25 new coins a day. I sure do hope Bittrex keeps a tight lid on securing their day trader stashes. I'd hate to be a part of a coin that got hacked on an exchange.  And I guess that big bag holder of 180,000 has it in cold storage. If he jumped in he'd hold near 65-70 percent of the network weight.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
There's definitely an element of compound interest but it's hard to create a formula which will tell you how many coins you will get in 1 year because there are too many factors to take into account. At minimum it takes 8 hours before an input becomes eligible to stake but the time taken is also dependent on the number of coins in that input, on my staking wallet I have some unspent inputs that are 60 hours old and haven't staked yet.

Lets say you deposit 1000, after the first cycle the input for 1000 is spent and in return you'd get 2 new inputs of 500 (+ interest, +fees (if applicable)), then at the next cycle you stake each of these 2 inputs and end up with 4 inputs of 250 (+interest, +fees (if applicable)). This process continues so you end up getting ever more inputs of ever decreasing values, each of which require staking.

I personally thought this process of creating ever more transactions continued indefinitely and as such used to manually send all these tiny inputs as larger values every few days. However, I have since learned that the wallet keeps the number of inputs in check itself. If there are too many unspent inputs then it may take several smaller inputs of appropriate coin age and stake them simultaneously, creating 1 new input and bringing the unspent input count back down.

I only wish more people would stake. The more coins removed from Bittrex, the better for all.

thanks for the detailed explanation! exactly what I was looking for Smiley

i did my best to understand you so let me ask you:  ..so if i stake 1000key, pos will automatically divide it in 2 new inputs(500 + interest) for the next cycle and repeat it next time... like 4 new inputs of  250 key (+interest)... and that continues indefinitely.    SO..  you say that is better (faster staking cycle?/higher pos reward?) to merge those small inputs after few cycles in much bigger inputs? So bigger inputs is better than tiny inputs for staking? or I misunderstood you?

i'm all for staking .. so thanks in advance!

Rudar

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

Keycoin = 20% POS interest!!!!!!!
Need I say more!!!

Oh wait.... you can always go back to those 1-4% POS coins anytime you want! Grin They claim you'll score big on compound interest!! Shocked
Some of them even have a multipool shit system intact so you can continue to make a loss due to your electric bill!!

Keycoin is a no brainer!!

hey bro (or anyone else known with this)

can you pls inform me .. 20% POS means ..like for example: if i send 2000 coins to my wallet and unlock for staking only, they will produce (20%) arround 400 keycoins after one year?... .. or there is a faster scheme for staking? is it bigger amount you stake -> reward from pos comes faster??

i just want to know what is most profitable way to stake and most valuable for network on one example like 100 coins or 1000 coins or else..

tyvm in advance

Rudar

As far as I know (anyone correct me if I'm wrong), yes you'd get 400 at the end of the year and that's if you put all your stake reward into a unstakeable address -spendable only. However , if you keep those coins that you minted in the staking system it obviously keeps increasing the amount of staking weight you have but still at a 20% interest - so as to say it compounds upon itself. So you wouldn't have 2400 coins at the end of a complete years stake starting point, but rather more coins because you continued to stake the new coins you minted on top of the original 2000.

I'm no math wiz but I'm sure there is a formula that could calculate a true value based off original coins at a staking starting point and a projected total at a certain future date based off staking the new coins you mint.

thank you sir,  that helps a lot!

and yes !!! i would like that formula too Cheesy 
Need I say more!!!

Oh wait.... you can always go back to those 1-4% POS coins anytime you want! Grin They claim you'll score big on compound interest!! Shocked
Some of them even have a multipool shit system intact so you can continue to make a loss due to your electric bill!!

can you pls inform me .. 20% POS means ..like for example: if i send 2000 coins to my wallet and unlock for staking only, they will produce (20%) arround 400 keycoins after one year?... .. or there is a faster scheme for staking? is it bigger amount you stake -> reward from pos comes faster??

i just want to know what is most profitable way to stake and most valuable for network on one example like 100 coins or 1000 coins or else..

tyvm in advance

Rudar

As far as I know (anyone correct me if I'm wrong), yes you'd get 400 at the end of the year and that's if you put all your stake reward into a unstakeable address -spendable only. However , if you keep those coins that you minted in the staking system it obviously keeps increasing the amount of staking weight you have but still at a 20% interest - so as to say it compounds upon itself. So you wouldn't have 2400 coins at the end of a complete years stake starting point, but rather more coins because you continued to stake the new coins you minted on top of the original 2000.

I'm no math wiz but I'm sure there is a formula that could calculate a true value based off original coins at a staking starting point and a projected total at a certain future date based off staking the new coins you mint.
Activity: 602
One thing to keep in mind, the 20% PoS is compounded on itself.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Need I say more!!!

good bit of info there, thanx
Need I say more!!!

tyvm in advance

Rudar
Need I say more!!!

Activity: 391
Merit: 250
In case anyone has been out of the loop, it looks like Dan Metcalf plans to release his code review for both Halcyon and Stealthcoin today.  This is not only good news for those coins, but also very good news for Key.  Dan is now considered a part of the key dev team (he manages the KeyOS) and Key also happens to be the first coin (that I know of) that he code reviewed.  As his reputation grows in the community, so will the reputation of Keycoin (and obviously his own coin, XC).  These are exciting times.

Activity: 112
I went all in at the wrong time. I just had to buy all I could when I first found this coin.I sold ALL my BTCD (which was at $2.40/coin) and put 70% into this coin, 30% into CLD. So, I got DOUBLE-whammied! BTCD took off after I sold those, these two coins dumped as much as 90% after I bought them. But, as they say, it is not a loss if you don't sell lower than entry point. So, I patiently wait for investors to discover this coin.
HOLD. HOLD. HOLD. ~darylluke.

I hear you bro. I also am holding only KEY, CLD and just for the trader features Quatloo.

Would be out about $2000 USD if I sold now.

I've been around long enough to know that these pumps come in cycles, people buy the pumped coin while dumping whatever they happen to be holding - regardless of how much better that coin may be.

I put both CLD and KEY into cold storage and am going to leave it alone until my price alarm goes off at 100K for KEY and 30K for CLD.

It sounds cliche but it really is just a matter of 'time' - you have to ride the waves that the devs and the whales provide - they will release something new and amazing eventually - sometimes it takes weeks or months but eventually you get a nice 400%+ pump - enough time to sell and get back your original investment and keep the rest long term.

Bag holding is only a bad thing when the coin is dead.
Activity: 196
I went all in at the wrong time. I just had to buy all I could when I first found this coin.I sold ALL my BTCD (which was at $2.40/coin) and put 70% into this coin, 30% into CLD. So, I got DOUBLE-whammied! BTCD took off after I sold those, these two coins dumped as much as 90% after I bought them. But, as they say, it is not a loss if you don't sell lower than entry point. So, I patiently wait for investors to discover this coin.
HOLD. HOLD. HOLD. ~darylluke.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
really liking these prices!

Yep - tried to tell holders - everyone is just waiting to see how low it would fall before it leveled out. Now they know Smiley

200K for the next peak.

The dump of Key was people cashing out to buy Hal and Stealth. Now both pumps are cooling down... There's no reason for Key to stay sub 10k....if a pump similar to stealth happens...we'd see 30k if Devs release KeyTrader in the next few days...only ~7k keys left below 6k sat..Buy now or regret later!!!

KEY isn't sub 10K, the last time it was sub 10K was 15 days ago. It's currently hovering around 40K.
Activity: 322

Yep - tried to tell holders - everyone is just waiting to see how low it would fall before it leveled out. Now they know Smiley

200K for the next peak.

The dump of Key was people cashing out to buy Hal and Stealth. Now both pumps are cooling down... There's no reason for Key to stay sub 10k....if a pump similar to stealth happens...we'd see 30k if Devs release KeyTrader in the next few days...only ~7k keys left below 6k sat..Buy now or regret later!!!

200K for the next peak.
Hel
Activity: 78
Activity: 224
If the Stealth Pump was anything to go by we should expect KEY to hit 200K on its next 'boom'.

LULz
If the Stealth Pump was anything to go by we should expect KEY to hit 200K on its next 'boom'.
Activity: 250
The Future Of Work
Activity: 448
electroneum.com
Dan developed his own bootable OS for XC almost two months ago, well before KEYOS. It was released by him to the XC community as the XC TorStick .ISO:

http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/xc-torstick/XCurrency_livecd_X86_v2.47h.iso

This, I'm sure, is precisely why the KEY team came to Dan for his expertise.

In fact, I wouldn't be here holding any KEY if it weren't for Dan's involvement with KEYOS.

That's interesting, I did not know that.  Definitely a good thing to have someone with experience in it to help with the development.

Did you happen to find the solution to your wallet problem yet?

Yes, people keep forgeting this. This in no regular joe dev that just came on board.

Just don't fall for the oldest trick in the book and sell your coin low and rebuy expecting the moon once it rises, only to see a correction and lose again. This is the mistake that gives all the smart investors a lot of their gains.

Be smart. Watch the facts, try to read between the lines a bit. Follow a winning pattern instead of a losing one.

And ignore FUD that is based on ZERO fact posted by someone who probably registered since my last post lol
Pages:
Jump to: