Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [KIMO] Kimocoin | VOICE YOUR SUPPORT FOR MORE KIMO AUCTIONS - page 9. (Read 26853 times)

Qxw
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
  • Voting for the new logo is over.  The winner is BitDesign.  Thank you to everyone who participated, especially MoneroMoo and Didux for their logo contributions.  It was a really close contest--they're all great logos, but I need to start the integration work.
  • Next week I will release the KIMO beta wallet with the new logo, the symbol change (KMC -> KIMO), and decimal change (1000 KMC = 1 KIMO).  The KMC and KIMO wallets are 100% compatible, so we can user test the new wallet for a few days before asking Comkort and the pools to change.  I want to make sure everyone has updated from the fork before we begin the transition to KIMO.
  • We'll be holding another auction this week, maybe another SSD.  First we must wait for Comkort to resume deposits and withdrawals (they suspended it per my request due to the hard fork).
  • If you have not yet updated your wallet after the 7/14 hard fork, you must download the updated wallet.  The old wallet will not work.

Good luck for KIMO new logo. All logos was good. Most important is that old is changed asap.

Quote from: jacob019
I want to make sure everyone has updated from the fork before we begin the transition to KIMO.

My mutual opinion is that this is very important point!

It is sad that qt-wallet do not have (?) message function where "system" can push some "alarm" type notification to wallett window so that user is forced to get (what ever important system information) information without user self active seeking and finding this info from some forum.

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Cryptomancer
  • Voting for the new logo is over.  The winner is BitDesign.  Thank you to everyone who participated, especially MoneroMoo and Didux for their logo contributions.  It was a really close contest--they're all great logos, but I need to start the integration work.
  • Next week I will release the KIMO beta wallet with the new logo, the symbol change (KMC -> KIMO), and decimal change (1000 KMC = 1 KIMO).  The KMC and KIMO wallets are 100% compatible, so we can user test the new wallet for a few days before asking Comkort and the pools to change.  I want to make sure everyone has updated from the fork before we begin the transition to KIMO.
  • We'll be holding another auction this week, maybe another SSD.  First we must wait for Comkort to resume deposits and withdrawals (they suspended it per my request due to the hard fork).
  • If you have not yet updated your wallet after the 7/14 hard fork, you must download the updated wallet.  The old wallet will not work.
    http://faucet.kimocoin.com/downloads/KimoCoin_Win32.zip
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I'm going to sleep now, so I will post some troubleshooting instructions in case anyone has trouble syncing the new wallet.

1.  Go to your Kimocoin appdata folder > C:\Users\Jacob\AppData\Roaming\KimoCoin
2.  Make a backup copy of wallet.dat (optional, but a good idea)
3.  Delete chainstate, blocks, database, and peers.dat
4.  Then open up cmd, then go to your kimocoin-qt.exe directory, like mine is C:\Users\Jacob\Downloads
5.  Type kimocoin-qt.exe -rescan
6.  Add some nodes to get connected:
Help > Debug > Console
addnode kimocoin.com add
addnode p2pool-eu.kimocoin.com add
addnode kmc.1js.us add
addnode dice.kimocoin.com add
7.  It will resync and re-download all the blocks and update the chainstate

These instructions are only if you have trouble, it should sync without this.

nice work!
Cryptomancer
This old chinese topic need immediately stop and do new or some other solution. I can not do it.

Chinese participation is really good for coins.  They have 30% of earth's population and rising wealth.  It's unfortunate that we cannot communicate well with their community. What we really need is a Chinese ANN thread.  Can anyone find a translation service?  I would pay a small fee and write something up, but we need a strong translation by a native speaker.
Qxw
Activity: 203
Really a nice work Jacob, updated and synced smoothly.
It's time to wake up my miner and get other coins while block reward is still high enough.  Smiley

Exactly, perfect work in difficult emergency situation where unexpectedly old "forgetme" code fatal bug produce problem.

Other thing.
Please someone who can, help that also chinese understand KMC regeneration by new reliable management.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7854430
This old chinese topic need immediately stop and do new or some other solution. I can not do it.

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Really a nice work Jacob, updated and synced smoothly.
It's time to wake up my miner and get other coins while block reward is still high enough.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
Nice work, it all synced perfectly here, last updated before was a couple days back.
Cryptomancer
I'm going to sleep now, so I will post some troubleshooting instructions in case anyone has trouble syncing the new wallet.

1.  Go to your Kimocoin appdata folder > C:\Users\Jacob\AppData\Roaming\KimoCoin
2.  Make a backup copy of wallet.dat (optional, but a good idea)
3.  Delete chainstate, blocks, database, and peers.dat
4.  Then open up cmd, then go to your kimocoin-qt.exe directory, like mine is C:\Users\Jacob\Downloads
5.  Type kimocoin-qt.exe -rescan
6.  Add some nodes to get connected:
Help > Debug > Console
addnode kimocoin.com add
addnode p2pool-eu.kimocoin.com add
addnode kmc.1js.us add
addnode dice.kimocoin.com add
7.  It will resync and re-download all the blocks and update the chainstate

These instructions are only if you have trouble, it should sync without this.
Activity: 646
Merit: 500
the chain data need sync again?

Leave it open for a while, I don't think it will need to sync the entire chain.  Let me know how it goes.

ok,i try it,just wait for an hour Grin
Cryptomancer

Leave it open for a while, I don't think it will need to sync the entire chain.  Let me know how it goes.
Activity: 646
Merit: 500
The new windows wallet binary is ready:

Please download it and delete the old one.  This is an emergency mandatory update.

We had a hard fork at block 150300 to fix the broken block reward.  The old wallet will not work, please don't send any payments until you have updated the wallet.  If anyone is using a Mac, please let me know.

Cryptomancer
The new windows wallet binary is ready:

Please download it and delete the old one.  This is an emergency mandatory update.

We had a hard fork at block 150300 to fix the broken block reward.  The old wallet will not work, please don't send any payments until you have updated the wallet.  If anyone is using a Mac, please let me know.
Activity: 53
someone voted for my logo ! i love you man ! now i can recycle myself in art design :p
Activity: 160
Updated the US East coast p2pool node (birdspool.no-ip.org:2891) to the new wallet.
Cryptomancer
The hard fork has occurred and the block reward is fixed.  Smiley  If you are still using the old wallet, please close it.  The new Windows binary will be available very soon.

If you're mining on P2Pool and don't see any recent coins, don't worry--they're still there and will show up as soon as you open the updated wallet.
Cryptomancer
mayby it's me who don't understand. I got all my kmc on comkort wallet, i don't have "desktop wallet". So on comkort i can't "uptade" the wallet. How should i proceed ?

If you don't have the desktop wallet, then you don't need to do anything.  Don't worry about it.  Wink
mayby it's me who don't understand. I got all my kmc on comkort wallet, i don't have "desktop wallet". So on comkort i can't "uptade" the wallet. How should i proceed ?
Cryptomancer
Sorry for my poor communication.  The change to KIMO is delayed for one week.  Now we are doing a hard fork to fix the block reward, still KMC.  After you download the new wallet, you may mine and trade as before.  There is a mandatory update to the new wallet, there are no other changes.
so if i understand correctly, i don't touch my kmc on comkort until kimo get's on ? Then the transfert in the new currency will be like sending wallet to wallet ?
Pages:
Jump to: