Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 258. (Read 628818 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168
This message was too old and has been purged
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Fidor is now on record saying that they use Ripple[1]. Since Kraken uses Fidor heavily and plans to eventually become a Ripple gateway, what implications does Fidor's Ripple use have for Kraken? Are there any near term changes planned?

[1] http://www.coindesk.com/fidor-becomes-first-bank-to-use-ripple-payment-protocol/
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Hi Everyone - Fidor's API is back online. It was only down over the weekend, so you shouldn't experience a delay unless you were doing a Fidor-Fidor transfer over the weekend. But we apologize to those who did experience a delay.

And what happens with users, who did a Fidor-to-Fidor transfer this weekend? Will the payments be processed without problems as well?

Now that the API is back up, yes, they should process without problems. The delay I mentioned is the delay that Fidor-Fidor users already experienced since they normally enjoy transfers that take about an hour even on the weekend.
legendary
legendary
Hi Everyone - Fidor's API is back online. It was only down over the weekend, so you shouldn't experience a delay unless you were doing a Fidor-Fidor transfer over the weekend. But we apologize to those who did experience a delay.
legendary
legendary
KrakenTrader, good for you Smiley
Whether this time it was bug or not, the previous case needs to be investigated and if it gets fixed, then this case would be fixed also, if it was a bug, which is unlikely. So it is better to focus on "sure" bug - the previous case.

I guess you are referring to this 444€ spike http://imgur.com/a/yMy3E
which I noticed on 01.April

Let's see if Dargo can soon give an update
Dargo, any news regarding this issue?
it seems that it happened before, so it would be good to track it and solve to do not meet it anymore in future.
IMO you are the most professional market, such issue should not happens on the market as good as kraken Smiley

Hi MusX - I don't have any news on this, and most likely I won't be able to say much until we have a fully tested fix running live on the site. But I just inquired about the progress on this and I'll update here if there's anything informative to say. I agree that a bug like this shouldn't happen, but if it does, it can take some time to diagnose, fix, and throughly test to make sure the fix works and doesn't cause problems elsewhere. As far as I know, there's only been one manifestation of this bug in the wild (the one mentioned above), so it appears to be triggered by a very rare set of circumstances. If people are aware of other cases, though, please let me know so I can make sure that the dev working on this knows about them.
legendary
Dargo, there seems to be a deposit delay.

"Evil-Knievel" reportet in the german thread that he deposited from Fidor to Kraken ~7-9 hours ago. It is not shown in the depoit history, so it is not "on hold".

90 minutes ago I made a deposit, too. It did not arrive yet. So maybe your intervall to credit the deposits changed, or there is an issue.
My ticket number is 25428.

Fidor has taken their API down to work on their databases. I'll give an update when I have more information. 
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
Dargo, there seems to be a deposit delay.

"Evil-Knievel" reportet in the german thread that he deposited from Fidor to Kraken ~7-9 hours ago. It is not shown in the depoit history, so it is not "on hold".

90 minutes ago I made a deposit, too. It did not arrive yet. So maybe your intervall to credit the deposits changed, or there is an issue.
My ticket number is 25428.
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
KrakenTrader, good for you Smiley
Whether this time it was bug or not, the previous case needs to be investigated and if it gets fixed, then this case would be fixed also, if it was a bug, which is unlikely. So it is better to focus on "sure" bug - the previous case.

I guess you are referring to this 444€ spike http://imgur.com/a/yMy3E
which I noticed on 01.April

Let's see if Dargo can soon give an update
Dargo, any news regarding this issue?
it seems that it happened before, so it would be good to track it and solve to do not meet it anymore in future.
IMO you are the most professional market, such issue should not happens on the market as good as kraken Smiley
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Heads up-- unsure if its been covered in the 93 page thread, but Kraken currently NOT ALLOWING FLORIDA RESIDENTS TO TRADE ANY FIAT CURRENCY. That means no deposit, withdraw or trade of USD, EUR, CHF, Klingon Darsecs or anything.  There may be other states affected.

Perhaps if this was disclaimed anywhere on their site it would be 'one of those things', but I only found this out after 3rd level verification and an inquiry to support.

They also cannot do wires to US accounts at all without going through EUR first. That is on their site, but I only saw it from a link on another message board.  On their front pages it shows direct US bank wire transfers as a withdraw option.

Sorry, but too shady.

legendary
Kraken has serious EUR funding Problems this week..

Deposit A
04-30-14 13:33:12 +0200
On Hold

Deposit B
05-02-14 13:38:39 +0200
On Hold

Ulf from support replies within 12 hours.. but can not do anything.. They have to "go back and reconfirm transaction data" and the transfer "must now be reviewed"

Hi manfred - please PM me your ticket number so I can look into this.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Kraken has serious EUR funding Problems this week..

Deposit A
04-30-14 13:33:12 +0200
On Hold

Deposit B
05-02-14 13:38:39 +0200
On Hold

Ulf from support replies within 12 hours.. but can not do anything.. They have to "go back and reconfirm transaction data" and the transfer "must now be reviewed"
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Tyvm Dargo for your replies.
Much appreciated.

Cheers
W
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Unfortunately for me, i initiated an usd withdrawal a few days back, then read it could take weeks or months  Huh

Now when i try to cancel it and use euros, i get an error "No change Internal error", Can you please help me change it to euros, as i'm certainly not wanting to wait months before receiving it.
Weeks or months? Does kraken.com have banking problems?

We're in the process of transitioning to a new bank for USD, and until the new bank is online, USD withdrawals will be very slow. We don't have an ETA for when the integration with the new bank will be complete. It's only an issue with USD. Our banking partnership for EUR funding is very solid.

sakr - please create a ticket about canceling your withdrawal (if you haven't already) and you can PM the ticket number to me if you wish. 

Thanks for your quick reply, PMed you the ticket ID.

The withdrawal has been cancelled.

Thanks, I changed it to EURO, and it was sent very fast.
legendary
Good news: Kraken XBT/EUR and XBT/USD market data now available on Bloomberg for monitoring and charting.

http://www.bloomberg.com/now/2014-04-30/bitcoin-now-bloomberg/
legendary
Unfortunately for me, i initiated an usd withdrawal a few days back, then read it could take weeks or months  Huh

Now when i try to cancel it and use euros, i get an error "No change Internal error", Can you please help me change it to euros, as i'm certainly not wanting to wait months before receiving it.

We're in the process of transitioning to a new bank for USD, and until the new bank is online, USD withdrawals will be very slow. We don't have an ETA for when the integration with the new bank will be complete. It's only an issue with USD. Our banking partnership for EUR funding is very solid.

sakr - please create a ticket about canceling your withdrawal (if you haven't already) and you can PM the ticket number to me if you wish. 

The withdrawal has been cancelled.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

legendary

Jump to: