Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 265. (Read 628818 times)

Activity: 139
Merit: 100
Anyone have experience with how long time the support at Kraken are to answer? Submitted a ticket/mail just over 2 days ago because I couldn't log on, even tried to reset the password and I am 100% sure that I am writing the right stuff. The account now stated as temporarily disabled.

Not a word so far from the support. Don't have much money there, but would like to use Kraken to withdrawal USD to my account.
Activity: 175
what is this
already asked, read below

Those anomalies occur because of the low volume of kraken.
Trades happen only once every minute or so.
no, at least not this time

Except that it wasn't a low volume anomaly, it was a small trade that took place in a distant part of the orderbook. But it has been discussed before in this thread and apparently it is under investigation.
exactly

read here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6034937
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Except that it wasn't a low volume anomaly, it was a small trade that took place in a distant part of the orderbook. But it has been discussed before in this thread and apparently it is under investigation.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Those anomalies occur because of the low volume of kraken.
Trades happen only once every minute or so.

Activity: 378
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Update: we believe the issue with stuck bitcoin, litecoin, and dogecoin transactions has been resolved, but please let us know if you still have a problem. 

For me it is fixed (LTC and BTC). Thanks

A bitcoin withdrawal initiated at 04-04-14 19:02:49 +0000 i.e. about 33 minutes ago remains in state "Sent" in Kraken's withdrawal page (in contrast to all the others that say "Success", and the transaction does not appear on blockchain.info. Should I be concerned?

I see blockchain.info lagging behind very often. You can also check http://www.blockr.io for block confirmations. It's a nice alternative.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
DARKNETMARKETS.COM

UPDATE 20/Feb/2014 02:24 PST:
USD Deposits Temporarily Disabled

Unfortunately, we've reached the limit of our US bank's capacity to deal with the volume on our account. Many USD withdrawals have been delayed beyond a limit we can accept, and it reflects poorly on our service. Rather than continue to disappoint, we've decided to suspend USD deposits until a more robust banking partner is acquired. In the meantime, USD withdrawals and trading will continue to be available, though we strongly encourage USD traders to shift to our EUR pairs. Most major banks will allow you to send EUR even if your account only holds USD.
From Account/Funding page:
USD Deposits Temporarily Suspended

USD deposits are suspended until April 1st, 2014. We encourage you to trade the EUR pairs in the meantime. Most major banks will allow you to send EUR, even if you only hold a USD balance.

USD withdrawals are still being processed

It's already April 5th, 2014.

What's the ETA on resuming USD deposits?
legendary
Activity: 1820
Update: we believe the issue with stuck bitcoin, litecoin, and dogecoin transactions has been resolved, but please let us know if you still have a problem. 
Activity: 154
A bitcoin withdrawal initiated at 04-04-14 19:02:49 +0000 i.e. about 33 minutes ago remains in state "Sent" in Kraken's withdrawal page (in contrast to all the others that say "Success", and the transaction does not appear on blockchain.info. Should I be concerned?

edit: Dargo's previous post answers my question I suppose. Bumpy week for me this week!

edit: Now appears on blockchain.info with two confirmations. Unsure if I was just being paranoid or if something got fixed. Smiley
legendary
Update: we're working on the stuck digital currency transactions. It's mostly an issue with bitcoin transactions, but some litecoin and dogecoin transactions as well. We'll respond to individual tickets as soon as we can, but the priority at the moment is to get transactions going. So we're on it even if you don't hear from us through your individual ticket for a while. 
legendary
Yep, waiting for three hours already for a litecoin deposit..

Ok, I made a ticket. I guess their support will fix it ASAP as they just started the day (it's 9:36 PST). Would be nice to have it fixed before the weekend or I need some BTC rehab Wink.

We're looking into this. We will fix it ASAP, but I don't have an ETA at this time. As a general rule, you should create a ticket for any issue you have. In some cases, it might be good to post about here as well, but it's better not to just post about it here and not create a ticket.
Ok, I made a ticket. I guess their support will fix it ASAP as they just started the day (it's 9:36 PST). Would be nice to have it fixed before the weekend or I need some BTC rehab Wink.
Activity: 266
Yep, waiting for three hours already for a litecoin deposit..
Anyone else having problems with BTC deposits?

I made 2 deposits today, but thus far both are 'confirming' although there are 27 confirmation for the first and 8 for the second deposit, funds should be added after 6.

I can make a ticket, but maybe posting here is faster Smiley.

Edit: same is happening on LTC deposits...
Activity: 175
I guess we have all seen this anomaly.
This morning the price jumped from 375 to 444 and then back to 360 all at the same time, and there have been lots of sales orders in the book lower than 444 at this moment.
I am still not getting why this is possible. I mean, we are speaking about a 2BTC trade which made it to 444. Is that related to low volume, if yes - How?
10:20:43 buy €360.88401 0.01860586
10:20:43 sell €444.80067 2.05480805
10:20:43 buy €375.00000 3.01440826

Thanks for letting us know - we're looking into it. We won't know the reason for it until we investigate.
Here is the person who may caused this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6014980
(exactly the same time on the screenshot)
any news regarding that issue?
legendary
Is there any instruction on website to tell what is what, I am confused by stupid names like XDG instead of DOGE. What the tell is KRW, XVN (this one is actually explained in "Help") and why they are named like this? I heard that Bitcoin have been given technical abbreviation XBT to be used on trading markets, but all the others?  Huh Shocked

You can go here to see what is what:

https://www.kraken.com/help/fees-and-pair-info

In the ISO 4217 currency code convention, currency codes that begin with "X" indicate that it's a currency that isn't specific to any country. Since digital currencies aren't specific to any country, this convention has been adopted for some of them (e.g. XBT for Bitcoin, XRP for Ripple currency, XPM for Primecoin). We extend this to Dogecoin (XDG) and Ven (XDG), but so far as I know we are alone in this so far, and we obviously don't do it for all currencies (we don't do it for Litecoin or Namecoin). Ultimately ISO 4217 may not be the best convention to adopt, but it would be nice if digital currencies were integrated into some globally recognized standard.

KRW is the officially recognized code for South Korean Won.
legendary
Activity: 1036
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Is there any instruction on website to tell what is what, I am confused by stupid names like XDG instead of DOGE. What the tell is KRW, XVN (this one is actually explained in "Help") and why they are named like this? I heard that Bitcoin have been given technical abbreviation XBT to be used on trading markets, but all the others?  Huh Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
I guess we have all seen this anomaly.
This morning the price jumped from 375 to 444 and then back to 360 all at the same time, and there have been lots of sales orders in the book lower than 444 at this moment.
I am still not getting why this is possible. I mean, we are speaking about a 2BTC trade which made it to 444. Is that related to low volume, if yes - How?
10:20:43 buy €360.88401 0.01860586
10:20:43 sell €444.80067 2.05480805
10:20:43 buy €375.00000 3.01440826

Thanks for letting us know - we're looking into it. We won't know the reason for it until we investigate.
Here is the person who may caused this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6014980
(exactly the same time on the screenshot)
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?
start a cafe?
Are you still allowed to post here?  What's up with your trust rating?  Did things get sorted out?
yes, in civil rehabilitation

Did all the people who lost money get reimbursed?

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
start a cafe?
Are you still allowed to post here?  What's up with your trust rating?  Did things get sorted out?
yes, in civil rehabilitation
Jump to: