Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 269. (Read 628818 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Kraken,

I think you have some serious issues with namecoin deposits. It happens a lot that these deposits take a very long time to arrive.
Please check, transaction ID: 20cd2db1a41966847f03d5b0fb2c7d1a9f2b9ca09ff1d65ba7fa10b0bc95fa53

ledmaniak - did this get resolved? If not, please PM me with a ticket number. We can't look up your account via a transaction ID, so I need a ticket number or at least a public account ID to help.
legendary
@Dargo. I have a question regarding deposits that are on hold.

I made 3 separate Euro deposits on 2 different dates but they were all processed by the Kraken system on the same day (last friday, just before the weekend). Because of that, I probably exceeded my daily deposit limit and one of the deposits went 'on hold'. My daily deposit limit has been $20.000 again since Saturday but the deposit it still on hold. I would assume that as soon as there is 'room' in the account to credit the deposit, that this would automatically take place, but that doesn't seem to be the case. if this doesn't happen automatically, it would be very inconvenient for you and me (or any other customer) if it needs to create a ticket to release funds that are on hold.

The FAQ only tells me that I could apply for a higher tier, but I already have the highest private tier.

Can you (or anyone else) tell if there is a system for releasing funds that are on hold? I create a ticket about this by the way and the ticket number is 22592.

btsake - tier 4 is available for private accounts, so you can go up a tier. And this might be the best option depending on your funding needs. If you go over your deposit limit, this isn't something that's going to release automatically. We understand that this in an inconvenience, but there wouldn't be much point in having limits in the first place if is wasn't very inconvenient to break them. Someone has replied to your ticket and we'll work on getting this sorted out as soon as possible. 
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
@Dargo. I have a question regarding deposits that are on hold.

I made 3 separate Euro deposits on 2 different dates but they were all processed by the Kraken system on the same day (last friday, just before the weekend). Because of that, I probably exceeded my daily deposit limit and one of the deposits went 'on hold'. My daily deposit limit has been $20.000 again since Saturday but the deposit it still on hold. I would assume that as soon as there is 'room' in the account to credit the deposit, that this would automatically take place, but that doesn't seem to be the case. if this doesn't happen automatically, it would be very inconvenient for you and me (or any other customer) if it needs to create a ticket to release funds that are on hold.

The FAQ only tells me that I could apply for a higher tier, but I already have the highest private tier.

Can you (or anyone else) tell if there is a system for releasing funds that are on hold? I create a ticket about this by the way and the ticket number is 22592.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Transferring NMC to other exchanges usually takes ~1 hour. This transaction is already ongoing for ~4hours.
Activity: 434
Kraken,

I think you have some serious issues with namecoin deposits. It happens a lot that these deposits take a very long time to arrive.
Please check, transaction ID: 20cd2db1a41966847f03d5b0fb2c7d1a9f2b9ca09ff1d65ba7fa10b0bc95fa53

i've always had long waits depositing NMC, i very much doubt Kraken are able to control the NMC network to speed it up Roll Eyes
Activity: 266
Kraken,

GT2
Activity: 3
Hi GT2,

Thanks for the note. I am on it.

Yunus
Thank you very much! Smiley
Activity: 244
Just to clarify, if two or more deposits in the same amount arrive to a user's account within 3 days of each other, all but one of them will be put on hold until we can confirm that they are distinct deposits. So, for example, if 3 deposits of exactly 500 euros arrive to your account within 3 days of each other, two of them will be put on hold. This isn't a bug, but a precaution we've implemented to guard against the possibility of duplicate deposits (where a single deposit is credited to an account more than once). We did have some cases of duplicate deposits a while back. It was an issue with Fidor that has been corrected, but for the time being we have an additional safety protocol on our side as a precaution. The safety protocol will be relaxed later, but for now we're being very careful.

To avoid triggering this safety mechanism, we advise that any deposits sent within 5 business days of each other (or perhaps even more to be extra safe) should be in differnt amounts. As I've said before, it's wise with all bank transfers to send different amounts, even for deposits sent within weeks of each other, so that's it's easier to distinguish the transfers (say if a trace has to be run on one of them).

@Dargo or colleague:
I have the same issue apparently:
twice a deposit of the same amount within days.

I just send email with attachments & screen-shot of payment details.
The request is currently assigned to Alexis, before that to Gerard.

If you can help to speed things up please do. Smiley

Hi GT2,

Thanks for the note. I am on it.

Yunus
GT2
Activity: 3
Just to clarify, if two or more deposits in the same amount arrive to a user's account within 3 days of each other, all but one of them will be put on hold until we can confirm that they are distinct deposits. So, for example, if 3 deposits of exactly 500 euros arrive to your account within 3 days of each other, two of them will be put on hold. This isn't a bug, but a precaution we've implemented to guard against the possibility of duplicate deposits (where a single deposit is credited to an account more than once). We did have some cases of duplicate deposits a while back. It was an issue with Fidor that has been corrected, but for the time being we have an additional safety protocol on our side as a precaution. The safety protocol will be relaxed later, but for now we're being very careful.

To avoid triggering this safety mechanism, we advise that any deposits sent within 5 business days of each other (or perhaps even more to be extra safe) should be in differnt amounts. As I've said before, it's wise with all bank transfers to send different amounts, even for deposits sent within weeks of each other, so that's it's easier to distinguish the transfers (say if a trace has to be run on one of them).

@Dargo or colleague:
I have the same issue apparently:
twice a deposit of the same amount within days.

I just send email with attachments & screen-shot of payment details.
The request is currently assigned to Alexis, before that to Gerard.

If you can help to speed things up please do. Smiley
Activity: 14
I am happy to say that the 52-day saga of my Kraken withdrawal has finally been resolved.  The wire arrived today, at long last.

Word to the wise - Kraken is great for SEPA (EU) deposits and withdrawals.  But outside of the EU, you are going to be in for a very long wait to get your funds.  It is apparently their bank's fault.  I would not use them again until they get a better bank for doing international wires.
By the way are you supporting the Bitcoin Core Dev Team in any way? Just wondering because you aren't a member of Foundation.
i'm sure there are more productive cults / sects / religious / harems you can join.
TBF does not speak for me. thank you.
That is why I am asking. I know that there are more ways to support the development.

but of course you are right, the BTCDev team should be supported
Activity: 968
Merit: 515
By the way are you supporting the Bitcoin Core Dev Team in any way? Just wondering because you aren't a member of Foundation.
i'm sure there are more productive cults / sects / religious / harems you can join.
That is why I am asking. I know that there are more ways to support the development.

Activity: 968
Merit: 515
Activity: 244
Because of "double credit protection" my deposit has been on hold for 10 days (8 working days)...
What's your experiences ?

Hi Joecker,

Yes, sorry, some of these support tickets concerning deposits on hold still don't get assigned to agents right away. Unfortunately, Serpens66 had to deal with this 2 out of 3 times. Angry
Would you mind telling me your ticket #? I'll make sure the ticket gets assigned to an agent.

Thanks!

Yunus
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
Because of "double credit protection" my deposit has been on hold for 10 days (8 working days)...
first time: ~7 days
2nd : 1 day
3rd : ~ 5 days

It only depends on when the support answer your ticket. Just send a screenshot of your transfers to the mail you get from support and they can solve it within minutes Wink  (if they see your screenshot, so inform them about it in big red letters -.- Cheesy)
Activity: 48
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
Just want to report that I am really satisfied with kraken (so far)! Yesterday evening I uploaded my documents for verification and maybe 7 hours later when I woke up, I was already verified!
I then deposited some bitcoin, sold it and made a international withdraw (though with an intermediary bank in Germany)  and within two hours the withdraw status changed from "processing" to "send"!

Now after reading about this long delays I am a bit concerned, dose "send" mean that the fidora bank has send it or dose it mean that kraken made the request at fidora?

Well I hope we can keep you satisfied! "Send" just means the request has been sent to Fidor. Give the wire 5 business days, so if you don't get it by next Thursday let us know.

Thanks for the answer, that's what I thought Smiley
I will make an status update here when the money arives!
legendary
Update on our audit: The audit itself is finished, but the reports (ours and the external auditor's) explaining the results and how it was done won't be finished till next week.
legendary
Chancellor, MusX - thanks for the suggestion, I agree. I think we've got a lot of error messages that are too vague, but the one you point out is probably one of the most important to change.
Jump to: