Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 273. (Read 628818 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Kraken volume has been awesome the last weeks, leading EUR exchange Wink
I'd really like to see Margin Trading, the Kraken interface is so much better than your direct competition Bitfinex.
Then they first need a higher stable volume first and I prefer websocket to be able to respond faster.

Do you know which exchanges currently stream data over sockets?

Bitstamp added it earlier this week. BTC-e might have it, not entirely sure.

MtGox had a websocket-API. It was actually the one thing that they did better than most exchanges, their API.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I'd really like to see Margin Trading, the Kraken interface is so much better than your direct competition Bitfinex.
Then they first need a higher stable volume first and I prefer websocket to be able to respond faster.

Do you know which exchanges currently stream data over sockets?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Any word on when margin trading will be enabled? XBT/EUR volume has picked up considerably in the past month with the demise of MtGox. It's not enough for the scary 10x leverage that can be seen on the order screen, but something more mellow like 2x-3x should be doable, right?

I don't have any word on this, but I agree that the volume is getting to the point that margin trading is workable. The only caveat is that we have seen volume this high even quite a long time ago, but it was followed by some days of quite low volume (~150 24 hr volume), but it's reasonable to think this is probably behind us. I'll check on the status and report back.
m19
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Any word on when margin trading will be enabled? XBT/EUR volume has picked up considerably in the past month with the demise of MtGox. It's not enough for the scary 10x leverage that can be seen on the order screen, but something more mellow like 2x-3x should be doable, right?

I don't have any word on this, but I agree that the volume is getting to the point that margin trading is workable. The only caveat is that we have seen volume this high even quite a long time ago, but it was followed by some days of quite low volume (~150 24 hr volume), but it's reasonable to think this is probably behind us. I'll check on the status and report back.
Activity: 5
@Dergo

Are your team planing to make a mobile app for android soon? Or at least a mobile version of web page.. Because is hard to load and manage trades from page for some older android phones (Galaxy S2)

I expect the iOS app to come out first, then the android app. Both are planned, but I don't have an ETA for either.

Have you already convinced Apple to accept the app? Because they've not been too friendly when it comes to Bitcoin apps of late.

I've used the Kraken API to prototype a native Mac application.  It displays public ticker info and OHLC data, but I'm seeking more feedback before proceeding with further development on functionality such as order execution. I can add support for other exchanges as well as port to iOS. Thread is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mac-unofficial-kraken-explorer-for-mac-os-x-491415

https://i.imgur.com/DGyqRxP.png?1
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
I like kraken but I would like the XBT/LTC pair to be inverted. I find it really strange that bitcoins are measured in litecoins and not the other way around like every other litecoin exchange. It feels more natural if you buy/sell litecoins for a certain amount of bitcoins since bitcoin is the "parent" currency. I don't think bitcoin market is affected by the litecoin value at all.
search this thread, it was already very well explained, by kraken stuff, why it was designed this way

See here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.msg5113984;topicseen#msg5113984

We do it because very low prices can harm liquidity, so we generally avoid low priced pairs, choosing the inverted pair instead.

Note: since this question comes up so much I added the text "reason for inverted pairs on Kraken" to the post above to make it easier to search.
Activity: 175
I like kraken but I would like the XBT/LTC pair to be inverted. I find it really strange that bitcoins are measured in litecoins and not the other way around like every other litecoin exchange. It feels more natural if you buy/sell litecoins for a certain amount of bitcoins since bitcoin is the "parent" currency. I don't think bitcoin market is affected by the litecoin value at all.
search this thread, it was already very well explained, by kraken stuff, why it was designed this way
Activity: 212
Merit: 102
Activity: 1
Overall I am very impressed and Kraken is my favorite exchange.

However, they take too long to respond to support request and the variance in response times is extreme (ranges from same day to several weeks); I would gladly pay more fees in order to speed this up / make the response times more predictable.

I have a 10K deposit stuck on hold for 4 days now and there is no response to my support ticket.
Anyone here knows what happens to deposits on hold/what the options are?
Activity: 2520
Merit: 950
fly or die
I've been using kraken for months without trouble (euros and BTC transfers and trade both ways), however I don't have utility bills bearing my name to get a higher verification tier, wouldn't my French ID (that includes my address) be enough ?

I (re-)verified using my bank-statement, because utility bills weren't in my name either. You could give that a try.

If you are still stuck, I'd recommend that you just create a support ticket (if you haven't already) and a support agent can help you find a document that will work for you.

I'm guessing this is for me, thanks for the answer  Smiley
Activity: 175
@Dergo

Are your team planing to make a mobile app for android soon? Or at least a mobile version of web page.. Because is hard to load and manage trades from page for some older android phones (Galaxy S2)

I expect the iOS app to come out first, then the android app. Both are planned, but I don't have an ETA for either.

Have you already convinced Apple to accept the app? Because they've not been too friendly when it comes to Bitcoin apps of late.

I know. Personally, my preferred priority on this would be: 1) mobile site, 2) android and 3) iOS. But others on the team are confident that the iOS app will be deemed acceptable and the actual company priority is the opposite of my personal preference. Ah well, you can't always get what you want.  Wink
why not to create html5 app instead of os specific apps?
legendary
@Dergo

I know. Personally, my preferred priority on this would be: 1) mobile site, 2) android and 3) iOS. But others on the team are confident that the iOS app will be deemed acceptable and the actual company priority is the opposite of my personal preference. Ah well, you can't always get what you want.  Wink
legendary
I've been using kraken for months without trouble (euros and BTC transfers and trade both ways), however I don't have utility bills bearing my name to get a higher verification tier, wouldn't my French ID (that includes my address) be enough ?

I (re-)verified using my bank-statement, because utility bills weren't in my name either. You could give that a try.

If you are still stuck, I'd recommend that you just create a support ticket (if you haven't already) and a support agent can help you find a document that will work for you.
legendary

@Dergo

legendary
@Dergo

legendary
My Kraken experiences continues to be very positive.
I had requested an EURO SEPA withdrawal this morning little before 9.00
and had the money arriving in my account at 15.20

I haven't heard of any exchange being able to send withdrawals just that fast.

most users have this positiv experience. But for some reasons there are users with have heavy problems.
I think it would help, if we would knnow the bank and/or the country from these people. Kraken should check this and maybe this helps and you can say "all from this country could have problems and should switch to a bank ..."

Yes, I've already started a project to analyze our transaction track record and I'll post a report here of the results. One thing I'm looking for is any patterns in terms of specific countries or even banks. I should be finished within a few days at most.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

most users have this positiv experience. But for some reasons there are users with have heavy problems.
I think it would help, if we would knnow the bank and/or the country from these people. Kraken should check this and maybe this helps and you can say "all from this country could have problems and should switch to a bank ..."
Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Jump to: