Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 276. (Read 628818 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Talking of deposit limits: $100k per month is rather low for a trading site. Are there any plans to increase this for private persons? Registering as a company is no option due to legal uncertainty of bitcoin trading (does anyone know a country where it is safe to incorporate for bitcoin trading w/o having to register as a bank (which is virtually impossible)?)

Sorry if this isn't entirely clear on our site, but you can verify to tier 4 as an individual to get higher limits than tier 3. To get started on that, just submit a ticket. Choose the category Verification > Verification Tier 4.
legendary

@DARGO

You may want to inform your server guy to BLOCK all traffic coming from referrer getgoxed.com
( someone did a redirect to kraken.com )

Thank you

Thanks KrakenTrader. It's our own redirect. See below for previous discussion of this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.msg4258872;topicseen#msg4258872
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
@DARGO

You may want to inform your server guy to BLOCK all traffic coming from referrer getgoxed.com
( someone did a redirect to kraken.com )

Thank you
legendary
Dargo, Is there a possibility that the duplicate deposit issue will run on till next week?

I think that's very unlikely, but we also contacted through your ticket about sending some proof of the distinct payments, which should speed things up in case it takes much longer to hear back from Fidor.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Dargo, Is there a possibility that the duplicate deposit issue will run on till next week?
legendary
Hey

Today I opened account and wanted to SEPA withdraw 1,295.47 EUR to my bank account that I succesfully added to bank accounts list. When I try to request withdrawal, the page returns "Permission denied". I am Tier 2 verified and Tier 3 verification is in the process. Is that happening because the account is new or is there some other reason for that? I have not contacted a support since the page says that your support team has a lot of work :=)

If the problem persists, please make a ticket about it. Our support team is busy, but here to help, so please let us know. It's hard to diagnose without taking a closer look.
legendary
Dargo: my latest deposit is "on hold". What does that mean? I neither reached my daily nor my monthly deposit limit.

Talking of deposit limits: $100k per month is rather low for a trading site. Are there any plans to increase this for private persons? Registering as a company is no option due to legal uncertainty of bitcoin trading (does anyone know a country where it is safe to incorporate for bitcoin trading w/o having to register as a bank (which is virtually impossible)?)
hey, I already have a ticket about the "on hold" thing Wink

And the answer is:
Because of the API bug, all deposits from the weekend came in on the same time. But Kraken has a protection, when the same amount came in on the same time (like double spending protection ^^).
Now Fidor has to check, if I really sent 3 times 1k€ and that could take some days -.-
The advice was, if a deposit is not im my account and I want to send more money, I should send a different amount, like 1000 and 1001€.

Serpens is correct. We monitor deposits for possible duplicate deposits (i.e. you deposit 1K, but it gets credited to your account 2x). This created a problem for a few users when our Fidor connection went live again after being down. If you made deposits in the same amount, even if it was on different days, they came in at the same time to our system and looked like duplicate deposits, triggering our safety protocol. We are double-checking with Fidor to make absolutely sure none of these are in fact duplicate deposits, but it's just a precaution. I don't think this will take days, but I'll have to check and see where things stand on this. Will report back when I know more.

We do recommend that for deposits sent around the same time that you send different amounts so there's no chance of triggering the safety protocol. This is best practice for any bank transfers anyway, since it makes the transfers easily distinguishable in case they need to be distinguished (say if one is delayed and a trace needs to be run on it).

Another best practice, by the way, is to use more "random" amounts to make the transfer more easily identified. A $1000 deposit is going to be harder to search for than a $1063 deposit. The amount is one of the major identifiers banks use if they have to search for a transfer. Everyone likes to use nice round numbers like 200, 250, 500, 1000, 5000, etc., so if you do the same, your deposit might be harder to find among all the others. It's not that important, but still better to use random amounts.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Like I posted earlier today, Kraken now offers OHLC data through their API. Here's a first example of what you can do with it:

(using it for my Windows Phone Kraken app: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=a3857353-599a-434f-8293-398745723de6)
Activity: 132
I could also deposit a different amount. For now I hope they can release the stuck deposit. I had sent it today and the other one with an equal amount was from Sunday. So it is not exactly "same time". In the future I will definitely use krakenTrader's suggestion of depositing x+n €.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
So if I now send x+1€, it goes through in the usual ~30 minutes? What will happen to the "on hold" deposit? Have you already received yours?
I did not test a new transfer Cheesy But I think it should go through.. you could test it with 1€.
I sent 3times 1k€ and one time 500€ during the weekend. I received 1000€ and 500€. But 2000€ are on hold, because of the "same time same amount" thing. So I have to wait some days like you =/

Now I deposited 1€ successfully Wink
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Hey

Today I opened account and wanted to SEPA withdraw 1,295.47 EUR to my bank account that I succesfully added to bank accounts list. When I try to request withdrawal, the page returns "Permission denied". I am Tier 2 verified and Tier 3 verification is in the process. Is that happening because the account is new or is there some other reason for that? I have not contacted a support since the page says that your support team has a lot of work :=)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
So if I now send x+1€, it goes through in the usual ~30 minutes? What will happen to the "on hold" deposit? Have you already received yours?
I did not test a new transfer Cheesy But I think it should go through.. you could test it with 1€.
I sent 3times 1k€ and one time 500€ during the weekend. I received 1000€ and 500€. But 2000€ are on hold, because of the "same time same amount" thing. So I have to wait some days like you =/

Reading your post, I guess it is safe to assume that doing multiple deposits / (withdrawals?) over the very same amount
may bring one in 'trouble' due to the way, how kraken script seems to try to prevent unintentional double spending.

So I would go for x, x+1, x+..., x+n where x is the amount to deposit / withdraw

Thanks for sharing.
legendary
legendary
Dargo: my latest deposit is "on hold". What does that mean? I neither reached my daily nor my monthly deposit limit.

hey, I already have a ticket about the "on hold" thing Wink

And the answer is:
Because of the API bug, all deposits from the weekend came in on the same time. But Kraken has a protection, when the same amount came in on the same time (like double spending protection ^^).
Now Fidor has to check, if I really sent 3 times 1k€ and that could take some days -.-
The advice was, if a deposit is not im my account and I want to send more money, I should send a different amount, like 1000 and 1001€.
Activity: 37

I hope that mine is one of them as I am still waiting for Kraken to resolve this 38 days after my initial deposit. I have contacted my bank on numerous occasion who have told me just  like giorgos story that the money was credited to Kraken's account.

Do I have to go through the crazy problem of contacting FIDOR myself just to prove it?

Or do I have to start bad mouthing Kraken on here too in order to get my deposit in my account.

Girogos, did Kraken do as they promised and credit your account the extra 40 Euro you paid to prove it?

Hoping that since this post my account will be credited before the day is out.

Hi shockload - I'm afraid your deposit was not one of the 8 we found. As I said to you before, we are pressing our bank to contact your bank. I haven't heard how that's going, but I've just contacted our head of payment tracing and will let you know when I hear back. Giorgos can confirm this, but we did reimburse him for the 40 euro he paid for the investigation from his bank. He did some kind of official request for information on a lost remittance. If your bank offers a similar type of investigation, we'd be happy to reimburse you as well, but only if the investigation shows that the deposit was already at our bank. I know that your bank has already contacted our bank, but I think the fastest way to resolve this issue is to work at it from both ends. So if there's anything else your bank can do to advance things, I think it's worth doing.

Hi Dargo and shockload,
      I verify that Kraken reimburse me about my payment tracing and I want to thank Dargo for this.
      Even I had all these problems with Kraken I must admit that Dargo is very professional and he help me a lot.
      Thanks Dargo

Activity: 10
Strange, I answered with a long reply and forum said I already posted it before, went to the thread and wasnt there  Undecided

Anyway, I finally understood the "Market price protection", thanks!
legendary
First of all, I want to congratulate Dargo for beeing always answering all the request from customers.

My experience so far with Kraken has been mixed and not long enough to have a solid opinion...

2 SEPA Deposits:

1st test deposit came in in 2.5 days which is a bit long for SEPA but nothing to worry about.
2nd deposit, its been already 6 days and not arrived yet, although Im aware of the problem with thier bank API

But what made me register and write here is that I wanted to test how to buy and sell cryptos so I tried to do a small operation, selling 5000 DOGE into EUROS (4 euros aprox) at market price so it would be made instantly. My surprise was that after waiting for a while nothing happened.
Checked the Orders tab to find out it was cancelled by Kraken and the reason was "Market price protection".....HuhHuh

I always thought that one of the main reasons for Crypto currencies to exist was that there was nobody regulating them, no governments, no banks, etc.... If now Kraken decides when we can buy or sell and which price is ok for us to do it, then Kraken is regulating Cryptos...

I would appreciate if Dargo explains the official Kraken opinion on this.

Regards

Since I'm just another Kraken user, this isn't the official Kraken opinion you may be looking for: The market price protection system prevents market orders from being executed when they would shift the price too much. This happens easily in markets with a very thin orderbook. There is a very simple way to circumvent the MPP: Simply place a limit order for a very extreme price. A limit order with a price that is far beyond the market price will behave just like a market order and pick up the best counter-orders until it has been filled. But the MPP system doesn't trigger for limit orders.

There's also an explanation of this in our FAQ:

https://www.kraken.com/help/faq#market-price-protection
legendary

I hope that mine is one of them as I am still waiting for Kraken to resolve this 38 days after my initial deposit. I have contacted my bank on numerous occasion who have told me just  like giorgos story that the money was credited to Kraken's account.

Do I have to go through the crazy problem of contacting FIDOR myself just to prove it?

Or do I have to start bad mouthing Kraken on here too in order to get my deposit in my account.

Girogos, did Kraken do as they promised and credit your account the extra 40 Euro you paid to prove it?

Hoping that since this post my account will be credited before the day is out.

Hi shockload - I'm afraid your deposit was not one of the 8 we found. As I said to you before, we are pressing our bank to contact your bank. I haven't heard how that's going, but I've just contacted our head of payment tracing and will let you know when I hear back. Giorgos can confirm this, but we did reimburse him for the 40 euro he paid for the investigation from his bank. He did some kind of official request for information on a lost remittance. If your bank offers a similar type of investigation, we'd be happy to reimburse you as well, but only if the investigation shows that the deposit was already at our bank. I know that your bank has already contacted our bank, but I think the fastest way to resolve this issue is to work at it from both ends. So if there's anything else your bank can do to advance things, I think it's worth doing.
Jump to: