Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 279. (Read 628818 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Sepa Deposits are raining in, hallelujah! Just waiting on one more.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Maybe if you'd be able to slip through the net, but normally only adults aged 18 or above are able to get through the verification process.
Activity: 5
"Processing – your verification information is being reviewed.  Processing may be delayed for any of the following reasons:  IP address and stated jurisdiction mismatch, user under minimum age requirement, unable to verify name, unable to verify address, unable to read document scans/photos, unable to verify notarization."

So is it possible to get verified if you're under 18?
Activity: 37

We accept full blame here. First, we shouldn't have assumed that a deposit couldn't make it to our bank account without also making it to our system. Second, it's taken way too long to credit Giorgos's account after the problem was discovered. We found the deposit in our account last Friday and his account still hasn't been credited. To credit the account, the deposit information will have to be entered into our system manually - the person who needs to do this has been extremely busy, but still that's no excuse.

Does anyone believe that the main problem with deposits is "the person who needs to do this has been extremely busy".
So after 10 days (from the day I convinced Kraken that I transfer the money) this person can not credit my account because he is very busy.. If this person has an accident in the future, Kraken will colapse Huh
I think something is very strange to this situation and after the MtGox, Kraken has to prove us that it is clear...
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
So Fidor to Fidor appears to be coming through.

Though I appreciate Dargo's responses, I have to say the way this has been handled hasn't been great.

There's a big difference between "a delay of 1-2 days" which is what is now listed on the SEPA deposit options on the Kraken site, and "deposits are temporarily unavailable until further notice". The latter may be slightly more concerning, but it is more honest.

What if they don't fix the API issue for another week? Then we've all been waiting for this originally promised "1-2 days" while we could be making alternative plans.
Activity: 132
2/4 Fidor2Fidor deposits arrived (those from the weekend).

I am quite relieved. Phu! Dargo's explanation made perfect sense. Still, in times like these I did not trust even a site like kraken. Hopefully all other deposits will arrive soon and we will be back to normal and never think of this problem again. kraken is then to rise to one of the most powerful exchanges, I am sure.
I have reasons to believe that Kraken keep our money to buy Bitcoins low and when they sell them in higher price they will release our money.

Hi Giorgos - what are your reasons to believe this? Do you have any actual evidence?

I can prove that Kraken has my money from 4th of February until now. So they can use the money to do anything they want (trading or something else). You know very well that MtGox tried to do something like that therefore there were huge delays in deposits and withdrawals.
Can you prove me Kraken is innocent? I hear only excuses and I do not see any proofs.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
I have reasons to believe that Kraken keep our money to buy Bitcoins low and when they sell them in higher price they will release our money.

Hi Giorgos - what are your reasons to believe this? Do you have any actual evidence?

All I hear are excuses about the API, Fidor Bank (bitcoin.de use also this bank without problem), someone who is the only person could deposit manual our accounts etc. Can you prove me that all I say is wrong. 

I'm sure Fidor would be happy to confirm that our API connection with them has been down for the last few days.
legendary
My Fidor-To-Fidor deposit has arrived finally.  Cheesy

My withdrawal from a few days ago went from "Pending" to "Sent".

API-crisis resolved?

Sounds promising at least!
legendary
Update on the Fidor situation: The delay will be another business day at least. Hopefully transactions will resume tomorrow, but it could take longer. We realize that the timing couldn't be worse on this with Gox situation, but Fidor is just upgrading their API for our interface with them and there's no risk to anyone's money.  

Also, just to clarify...

What does this mean for deposits sent 4-6 days ago? Another two day delay from here?

Or does "transactions will resume" mean that nothing will be processed at all until the API is fixed?

Our connection to Fidor is down until the API is fixed. This means that incoming deposits arrive in our Fidor bank account but can't be sent to our system in order to be credited to your kraken account. And it means that withdrawals requests sit in your kraken account and can't be sent to Fidor for processing. So a deposit sent 4-6 days ago is sitting in our bank account, and as soon as the connection is back up, we can start processing deposits again and crediting them to user accounts. There will obviously be a backlog of deposits and withdrawals. We'll get them all processed as quickly as possible once the connection is back up, but it will take a while to work through the backlog. This may mean a 2-3 day delay for everyone, assuming the connection is back up tomorrow.  
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
My withdrawal from a few days ago went from "Pending" to "Sent".

API-crisis resolved?
Activity: 70
My Fidor-To-Fidor deposit has arrived finally.  Cheesy
legendary
Guys, stop being so unreasonable. Dargo explained the situation perfectly clear and much more open and in detail than any other exchange so far. There's no need to keep hammering on this, just calm down a give them some time. It's a startup. They're growing fast. Nothing unusual here, these are just growing pains.

I'm here to trade. This is happening during the one of the best buying opportunities in recent months (and with no fiat on the exchange I have missed out on coins 40% cheaper, on current value). It's also happening while people are spooked by the incompetence and implosion of what was once the largest exchange.

Dargo is answering posts, I appreciate this.

What does 'updating their API' actually mean? Bitcoin.de also use Fidor, I believe. Are they experiencing the same issues?

I like the way you think FierceRadish. While the FUD swirls around bitcoin, you see a buying opportunity. I'm just sorry that we aren't able to let you take advantage of the opportunity.

As far as the API goes, my understanding is that Fidor was working on their banking back end on Friday afternoon. They did something that broke our API connection with them, but I don't know to what extent it broke API connection with other Fidor clients such as bitcoin.de. Fidor is updating (or maybe simply fixing is a better term) their API to fix our connection with them. We simply can't connect to Fidor until this API fix is in place, but it may be that some other clients can connect OK without the fix and haven't had the same interruption we've had.
Guys, stop being so unreasonable. Dargo explained the situation perfectly clear and much more open and in detail than any other exchange so far. There's no need to keep hammering on this, just calm down a give them some time. It's a startup. They're growing fast. Nothing unusual here, these are just growing pains.

I'm here to trade. This is happening during the one of the best buying opportunities in recent months (and with no fiat on the exchange I have missed out on coins 40% cheaper, on current value). It's also happening while people are spooked by the incompetence and implosion of what was once the largest exchange.

What does 'updating their API' actually mean? Bitcoin.de also use Fidor, I believe. Are they experiencing the same issues?

I agree with FierceRadish. We lost the opportunity to buy Bitcoin in 300 euros and many other trading opportunities. I have reasons to believe that Kraken keep our money to buy Bitcoins low and when they sell them in higher price they will release our money. MtGox tried to do something similar...
All I hear are excuses about the API, Fidor Bank (bitcoin.de use also this bank without problem), someone who is the only person could deposit manual our accounts etc. Can you prove me that all I say is wrong.   
Update on the Fidor situation: The delay will be another business day at least. Hopefully transactions will resume tomorrow, but it could take longer. We realize that the timing couldn't be worse on this with Gox situation, but Fidor is just upgrading their API for our interface with them and there's no risk to anyone's money.  

Also, just to clarify...

What does this mean for deposits sent 4-6 days ago? Another two day delay from here?

Or does "transactions will resume" mean that nothing will be processed at all until the API is fixed?

legendary
My USD refund actually just happened.  I've been waiting 3 weeks but Kraken came through.  I'm about to do a EUR SEPA transfer and if that goes through I see no reason to not trust Kraken, no reason at all.

pharrisee - you can't withdraw EUR yet, because your USD hasn't been converted to EUR. This is a two-step process: 1) cancel pending USD withdrawal requests that haven't been sent. (done) 2) convert USD to EUR. (not done yet)

Then you can withdraw the EUR or use it to trade. Sorry if that wasn't clear, but I've mentioned it several times already.

It's no problem mate, I've already converted by going from usd-btc-eur.  Since the transfer fee for eur sepa is a lot lower I've gained the 2% bonus anyway.  Thanks for your help in this, and thanks also for getting my wife off my back about it Wink.

That works too.  Smiley
Activity: 29
My USD refund actually just happened.  I've been waiting 3 weeks but Kraken came through.  I'm about to do a EUR SEPA transfer and if that goes through I see no reason to not trust Kraken, no reason at all.

pharrisee - you can't withdraw EUR yet, because your USD hasn't been converted to EUR. This is a two-step process: 1) cancel pending USD withdrawal requests that haven't been sent. (done) 2) convert USD to EUR. (not done yet)

Then you can withdraw the EUR or use it to trade. Sorry if that wasn't clear, but I've mentioned it several times already.

It's no problem mate, I've already converted by going from usd-btc-eur.  Since the transfer fee for eur sepa is a lot lower I've gained the 2% bonus anyway.  Thanks for your help in this, and thanks also for getting my wife off my back about it Wink.
Activity: 149
legendary

Jump to: