Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif - page 16. (Read 149398 times)

Activity: 250
Merit: 250
This could be the most power hungry algorithm to date. That has to be worth something.  Smiley

I spent a lot of time optimizing this OpenCL kernel. 
I'm gonna have to give my rigs a rest in a bit. Just getting too hot. Reminds me of the scrypt mining days. Three 290s consuming 1000+ Watts. Good Job BTW.
Activity: 329
This could be the most power hungry algorithm to date. That has to be worth something.  Smiley

I spent a lot of time optimizing this OpenCL kernel. 
Activity: 143
Merit: 10
are there people here who undervolt/overclock their cards ?
if so what settings do you use ?
Is there any advantage to lower the clock ?
I have a sapphire 280x that runs 200 kh/s with these settings ...
@echo off
del *.bin
timeout /t 6
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer.exe --kryptohash --cl-opt-disable -I 28 --gpu-fan 100 --shaders-mul 8 --shaders 2048 -o stratum+tcp://mine4.khc.nonce-pool.com:3390 -u xxxx -p xxxxx

running @stock clock 1020/1500 vddc 1175

temp 73c
I'm getting 330Kh/s on my 290x
What does your config look like? I do not see even close to that.

With AMD HD 7xxx and later GPUs, running the latest Omega drivers, you have to use an option called --cl-opt-disable.  For some reason these latest AMD GPUs with GCN architecture work better when you disable OpenCL optimizations.  On the other hand, this option doesn't have a positive effect on older AMD GPUs and nVidia.

Example for my 290x:

cgminer --kryptohash --cl-opt-disable -o http://127.0.0.1:38912 -u {RPC_username} -p {RPC_password} --shaders 2816 --shaders-mul 8

Very important: Don't forget to delete the kshake320v2%YourGPUname%.bin file inside the cgminer directory after you add/remove the --cl-opt-disable parameter.  It is the only way to force cgminer to recompile the OpenCL kernel and include/remove the cl-optimization flag.

Yes. This made a huge difference. Doubled my speed but very hot.

Yes, be careful with the temperature.   If it is getting too hot, try reducing the Intensity from 32 to 28 or 24

With AMD HD 7xxx and later GPUs, running the latest Omega drivers, you have to use an option called --cl-opt-disable.  For some reason these latest AMD GPUs with GCN architecture work better when you disable OpenCL optimizations.  On the other hand, this option doesn't have a positive effect on older AMD GPUs and nVidia.

Example for my 290x:

cgminer --kryptohash --cl-opt-disable -o http://127.0.0.1:38912 -u {RPC_username} -p {RPC_password} --shaders 2816 --shaders-mul 8

Very important: Don't forget to delete the kshake320v2%YourGPUname%.bin file inside the cgminer directory after you add/remove the --cl-opt-disable parameter.  It is the only way to force cgminer to recompile the OpenCL kernel and include/remove the cl-optimization flag.

Yes. This made a huge difference. Doubled my speed but very hot.

With AMD HD 7xxx and later GPUs, running the latest Omega drivers, you have to use an option called --cl-opt-disable.  For some reason these latest AMD GPUs with GCN architecture work better when you disable OpenCL optimizations.  On the other hand, this option doesn't have a positive effect on older AMD GPUs and nVidia.

Example for my 290x:

Very important: Don't forget to delete the kshake320v2%YourGPUname%.bin file inside the cgminer directory after you add/remove the --cl-opt-disable parameter.  It is the only way to force cgminer to recompile the OpenCL kernel and include/remove the cl-optimization flag.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
The point is changing the connection port to
-o stratum+tcp://mine4.khc.nonce-pool.com:3390
Cheers

btw: anyone mining with an ASUS r9 290 ? (or 290x) how much do you get?
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
I have mined in the past with no issue. I have updated the wallet and miner. Just tried to mine on nonce-pool and get all rejects. Any ideas?

Anybody else having problems with the pool?

Pool is fixed now, to algo v2, somehow we missed a name change.
Just tried again and now cannot connect.

Currently only stratum port 3390 is open for mining.
I have mined in the past with no issue. I have updated the wallet and miner. Just tried to mine on nonce-pool and get all rejects. Any ideas?

Just tried again and now cannot connect.

Thanks.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100

It's been an hour since we crossed the 50,000 block boundary, there has been 12 blocks mined with the new algorithm and I see no problems from my end.

I'm celebrating the success of the network transition with an iced cold Guinness.  Cheers!
The net hashrate is lower than 4MH/s ,very dangerous!

As long as the Diff remains above 32, we are okay.

Besides, this means you and me will be able to mine more coins before the big announcement.   Grin  
Activity: 93
The net hashrate is lower than 4MH/s ,very dangerous!
Activity: 143
rejected share above target @ block 49999

Pages:
Jump to: