Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif - page 54. (Read 149437 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I encrypted a wallet and when I launched kryptohash after it closed down I got the following error and kryptohash wallet would not open.  The wallet was created in version 3.2 so I thought that might be the problem but I created a new wallet in V 3.6 and got the same error after encrypting the wallet.  I had backed up the wallet prior to encrypting so I didn't lose anything.  I am running Windows 8 if that matters.

I also happen, development can not solve the problem?
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
There is also a fork from those wallets that calculated the wrong diff at 5700   Undecided

Nobody should be mining at this point. 
Activity: 350
I found the bug.

Compiling Wallet v0.3.7

So you are keeping PID?

Yes, I'm giving one last chance to the PID algo.  

I'm still dealing with some issues with the Diff. Wallet 0.3.7 will be ready tomorrow.

Looking at the wallet at present, they're still mining and they've almost made it to 5800 (5765)...
jox
Activity: 681
Merit: 500
I found the bug.

Compiling Wallet v0.3.7

So you are keeping PID?

I'm still dealing with some issues with the Diff. Wallet 0.3.7 will be ready tomorrow.

There is many different time zones, so say tomorrow is not just the best. Wink
Better is to say time in hours.
I found the bug.

Compiling Wallet v0.3.7

So you are keeping PID?

Activity: 350
I found the bug.

Compiling Wallet v0.3.7

So you are keeping PID?
I found the bug.

Compiling Wallet v0.3.7
Activity: 435
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
As soon as the Diff algo begins running as it was supposed to and the blocktime begins moving towards the 180 seconds target, I'll have the time to fix cgminer-khc or even fork sgminer and add the support for my KSHAKE320 OpenCL Kernel into it. Also, my second 290x should arrive this week which I will use to debug the multi-GPU issue with the miner.

About the premine, once the block height reaches the 125,000K mark (~250 days from today at 1 block every 180 seconds), the premine will account for less than 1% of the monetary mass and 1 year from now, it will account for ~0.6%.   So, I'm not sure why people think the premine is too high.  I need those coins to keep this project alive for the long run and I'm NOT planning to dump them into to the market at the first chance, like somebody suggested early on.

good .we wait ,but what time new wallet and miner ?
As soon as the Diff algo begins running as it was supposed to and the blocktime begins moving towards the 180 seconds target, I'll have the time to fix cgminer-khc or even fork sgminer and add the support for my KSHAKE320 OpenCL Kernel into it. Also, my second 290x should arrive this week which I will use to debug the multi-GPU issue with the miner.

About the premine, once the block height reaches the 125,000K mark (~250 days from today at 1 block every 180 seconds), the premine will account for less than 1% of the monetary mass and 1 year from now, it will account for ~0.6%.   So, I'm not sure why people think the premine is too high.  I need those coins to keep this project alive for the long run and I'm NOT planning to dump them into to the market at the first chance, like somebody suggested early on.

legendary
Activity: 1400
First article for now: http://cryptomining-blog.com/

And I think the dev deserves every bit of the pre mine for his efforts. It actually is not that huge compared to what you can mine when everything is running smooth.

Give him time he has been on this every step of the way.
Ok, this is going to take a while.

Please be patient.   I'm debugging why some wallets ended up calculating a different Diff.
There seems to be another problem with the Diff algo.

I think I'm done with this algo.  I'm going to dump it and replace it with something known to work

So we can stop mining now and wait for next wallet with new hardfork?

Yes. Please stop while I investigate what went wrong at retarget
legendary
Activity: 1050

I think I'm done with this algo.  I'm going to dump it and replace it with something known to work

You mean the difficulty algo? Not the hashing algo, hopefully?

There is nothing wrong with KSHAKE320 Proof of Work. It is the PID algo that calculates Diff the one that has been nothing but problems since day one.  

The hashing algo was thoroughly tested for months and even fine tuned for OpenCL using CodeXL but, unfortunately I cannot say the same thing about the Diff algo because, testing Diff algos require real world environments. A Testnet with a couple of GPUs at home isn't going to simulate the real conditions of the network so, I relied on simulations using models which clearly were incorrect.

wallet not sync ? now stop mining ?
jox
Activity: 681
Merit: 500

So we can stop mining now and wait for next wallet with new hardfork?

There is nothing wrong with KSHAKE320 Proof of Work. It is the PID algo that calculates Diff the one that has been nothing but problems since day one.  

The hashing algo was thoroughly tested for months and even fine tuned for OpenCL using CodeXL but, unfortunately I cannot say the same thing about the Diff algo because, testing Diff algos require real world environments. A Testnet with a couple of GPUs at home isn't going to simulate the real conditions of the network so, I relied on simulations using models which clearly were incorrect.

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
For misquoting fun... Tongue

There seems to be another problem with the algo.

I think I'm done with this.  I'm going to dump it [the premine] and replace [my stash] with something known to work [ie bitcoin]

Just kidding :p
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
I encrypted a wallet and when I launched kryptohash after it closed down I got the following error and kryptohash wallet would not open.  The wallet was created in version 3.2 so I thought that might be the problem but I created a new wallet in V 3.6 and got the same error after encrypting the wallet.  I had backed up the wallet prior to encrypting so I didn't lose anything.  I am running Windows 8 if that matters.

legendary
Activity: 1400

Pages:
Jump to: