Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif - page 57. (Read 149437 times)

Activity: 329
Merit: 250
As soon as the new wallet becomes available tomorrow, the trading platform will reopen.

The fork at current diff is taking longer than I was expecting.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
At 103 Diff, the mining the block I need for the fork is taking hours  Angry

It seems, there won't be a new wallet till tomorrow.

Edit: Wait a min.  I just realized that I don't need to mine it.  I can put whatever I want in the checkpoint   Shocked
Trading platform wallet was closed, can solve?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Is the wallet turned off for mining currently.
At 103 Diff, the mining the block I need for the fork is taking hours  Angry

It seems, there won't be a new wallet till tomorrow.

Edit: Wait a min.  I just realized that I don't need to mine it.  I can put whatever I want in the checkpoint   Shocked
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1002
Unfortunately, this is not our first rodeo. We had to do the same thing at block 5000 and miners here understood.

...and patiently compose a haiku.

The B that is an 8
Fuzzy logic softens the head-desk hammers
End is just the Start

Edit:  Ohmmmmm....
Unfortunately, this is not our first rodeo. We had to do the same thing at block 5000 and miners here understood.
Working on a new Wallet version 0.3.6 to fix the Diff algorithm once again.  Will hard fork at block 5599. 
legendary
Activity: 1050
Thanks. I use the actual amount of shaders of my GPU and the highest multiplier it can start with (16). So the miner consumes about 3GB VRAM.

The other parameters that can affect your mining is the --expiry and --scan-time which are both set to 30 sec by default.   I would not go below 10 seconds for expiry because, cgminer resets the Nonce back to zero every time it calls "getwork" and gets a new block template.

Does it mean that when a new block arrives all the miners in the network start hashing from the same nonce value? I think it's quite impractical because in this case solving the block is not a matter of luck at all but purely a matter of hashrate. So the slower miners have no chance of finding the correct hash first if I got it right.

Miners in the network never receive the same exact block. Few things always change, like the nTime value which updates every time you call getwork.  Also, the first TxOut in the block is always the coinbase and this TX contains your unique public address.
Activity: 690
Merit: 500
Thanks. I use the actual amount of shaders of my GPU and the highest multiplier it can start with (16). So the miner consumes about 3GB VRAM.

The other parameters that can affect your mining is the --expiry and --scan-time which are both set to 30 sec by default.   I would not go below 10 seconds for expiry because, cgminer resets the Nonce back to zero every time it calls "getwork" and gets a new block template.

Does it mean that when a new block arrives all the miners in the network start hashing from the same nonce value? I think it's quite impractical because in this case solving the block is not a matter of luck at all but purely a matter of hashrate. So the slower miners have no chance of finding the correct hash first if I got it right.
What about the --gpu-dyninterval option? Does it make sense to play with or is the default value always the best? Are there any other options except shaders and multiplier that can possibly affect the hashrate?

The most important options in cgminer-khc are 'shaders' and 'shaders-mul'.  The former has to match be the number of stream processors in your GPU, the latter is the number of consecutive OpenCL threads per stream processor.

If your GPU has 2048 Stream Processors and you select 8 for 'shaders_mul', the KSHAKE320 OpenCL Kernel will simultaneously run 16384 threads every time the Kernel is executed.  Now, the current KSHAKE320 algorithm requires 64Kb per thread so, in order to run with with 8 for shaders_mul, your Video card needs at least 1Gb of available VRAM.

The other parameters that can affect your mining is the --expiry and --scan-time which are both set to 30 sec by default.   I would not go below 10 seconds for expiry because, cgminer resets the Nonce back to zero every time it calls "getwork" and gets a new block template.

I haven't played with the --gpu-dyninterval option. I do see that it changes the dynamic inside the opencl_scanhash() function but, I'm not sure that if changing this option will have a positive effect on performance.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
"ASIC-mining dominance has been asserted by mining pools over the past few years for various cryptocurrencies. The uptick in ASIC-resistant algorithm usage has participation from altcoins like Heavycoin and Ultracoin. Vertcoin is going so far as to completely changing their coin’s mining algorithm..."

http://www.coinssource.com/kryptohash-joins-anti-asic-alt-coins/
Activity: 690
Merit: 500
What about the --gpu-dyninterval option? Does it make sense to play with or is the default value always the best? Are there any other options except shaders and multiplier that can possibly affect the hashrate?
Activity: 350
shitty wallet,shitty algo,esp shitty miner!!!!!!!!

Well now, if you are better at migrating old code from 256bit hash to 320bit, then get off your hands and show us all what you got. 

Thanks for the feedback. Those are exactly my thoughts ATM.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

Patience!  Especially when one is given something for free.

Now tell me, what videocards do you have, what error messages are you getting?
legendary
Activity: 1568
Twitter @Acimirov
@tacee  - you are mining now?
Activity: 386
Activity: 386
I don't why my miner is aways HW and WU is 0.0/m  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
Pages:
Jump to: