Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif - page 55. (Read 149437 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Dev can you post instructions or flags for compiling with gcc, I have boost linking error on linux and osx. clang refuse to configure with c++11 flag btw.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
If someone can make a kryptohash python hash I don't mind putting up a pool (and seeing how to modify it)
Activity: 350
Blocks are very slow, my miner waits a lot for work.
Is this normal ?
Any plans to enable multi gpu mining soon ?

Yes is normal, there is no 'dummy' work with this coin.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
I think we have another fork guys ..

What makes you say that?  Aside from the first fork the rest were hard forks by dev to sort out the diff algo.

Sorry I'm wrong.  Cool

Dude, you just made me spill my coffee.   Embarrassed

need some help to compile wallet

current wallet gives some erros when compiling it.
 want to push random blockreward to maximum, i need custom wallet!

What OS?

That miner was far from release ready. Took me around 20min to get it compiled and working. Or more, depends on if "Waiting for work from Pool 0" is "working" or not...

EDIT: Nice, no more waiting for work!

win, i can do btc  0.9.3. wallet but this one has some lib missing

too drunk now to play with source will try later

It's a pain to compile - the dev moved some source files into new directories, I think, which totally fucked the include paths in that keccak lib...
Activity: 143
Merit: 10
Blocks are very slow, my miner waits a lot for work.
Is this normal ?
Any plans to enable multi gpu mining soon ?
Activity: 329

What makes you say that?  Aside from the first fork the rest were hard forks by dev to sort out the diff algo.

Sorry I'm wrong.  Cool

Dude, you just made me spill my coffee.   Embarrassed

need some help to compile wallet

current wallet gives some erros when compiling it.
 want to push random blockreward to maximum, i need custom wallet!

What OS?
You can only mine on the first card until dev works on the miner.  Everyone with multi card rigs has this problem.

I'll try starting separate instances, see if that works.

Has been tried, you may do better if you install 12x/13x drivers.  I didn't go that far because of the increased performance offered with the 14.9 drivers.

Nope!  HW errors still there and a ton of rejects on the 7950.  Dug up the Stilt 290 bios mods, picked a middle-ground one and it's much more agreeable shall we say.  Now I can overclock that properly for Diamond, check out this algo with the 7950, of course 7 cores for the Magi and my dance card is full!  *sigh*  Still won't really know if miner's working until I pick up a block and I'm still completely um... indescribable... Now I stopped programming a long time ago, 386-486 long time ago, but I programmed a lot for a long long time before that, back past the Apple/Commodore 6502 can't mult or div back to punchcards and Fortran... and I can't imagine programing a set of tools like the qt wallet software, cgminer, minerd etc etc, and having NO FEEDBACK to see how they're communicating!  Why hasn't someone just added that in?  The wallet is the pipeline, no?  It coordinates, hands out work etc etc, so, well you know what I'm saying.  It doesn't seem to be a problem to add a network bandwidth monitor, why not a simple readout to show connected miners?

And just now I notice two Found Blocks for pool 0!   And then I notice that the wallet hasn't synched and is 22 hours behind on block 5654 for some reason.  *sigh*  Time for something else for a while.

If you are trying to test the 290 with this coin, you'll need to set it up as device 0.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
Twitter @Acimirov

What makes you say that?  Aside from the first fork the rest were hard forks by dev to sort out the diff algo.
legendary
Activity: 952
You can only mine on the first card until dev works on the miner.  Everyone with multi card rigs has this problem.

Has been tried, you may do better if you install 12x/13x drivers.  I didn't go that far because of the increased performance offered with the 14.9 drivers.

Nope!  HW errors still there and a ton of rejects on the 7950.  Dug up the Stilt 290 bios mods, picked a middle-ground one and it's much more agreeable shall we say.  Now I can overclock that properly for Diamond, check out this algo with the 7950, of course 7 cores for the Magi and my dance card is full!  *sigh*  Still won't really know if miner's working until I pick up a block and I'm still completely um... indescribable... Now I stopped programming a long time ago, 386-486 long time ago, but I programmed a lot for a long long time before that, back past the Apple/Commodore 6502 can't mult or div back to punchcards and Fortran... and I can't imagine programing a set of tools like the qt wallet software, cgminer, minerd etc etc, and having NO FEEDBACK to see how they're communicating!  Why hasn't someone just added that in?  The wallet is the pipeline, no?  It coordinates, hands out work etc etc, so, well you know what I'm saying.  It doesn't seem to be a problem to add a network bandwidth monitor, why not a simple readout to show connected miners?

And just now I notice two Found Blocks for pool 0!   And then I notice that the wallet hasn't synched and is 22 hours behind on block 5654 for some reason.  *sigh*  Time for something else for a while.
Activity: 19
Merit: 2
Did not know the rules, thanks for the advice Wink Its to have some transactions on the network, did'nt expected it could be considerated as spam. I'll put it in the sig ** or not Wink
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
-address- ^_^still mining @ 6khs

Hey man, you better put that addy in your signature, instead here in the topic.
You might get banned and topic can be closed.

It's against forum rules to "spam" with addresses.

Peace
Activity: 19
Merit: 2
 ^_^still mining @ 6khs

Edit: automoderate
legendary
Activity: 1400
Assuming that there won't be anymore unpleasant surprises with the Diff algo, I can now begin working on fixing cgminer-khc.

Have you looked at the sgminer since there have been more improvements to it?

The latest sgminer 5.0.1 looks very interesting.  I like the fact that VS2013 can be used which for me is a big plus since it is what I use for debugging.   

I'm going to check how hard it would be to add my KSHAKE320 PoW algo into sgminer.

Awesome. I hope it saves you time and energy.
Assuming that there won't be anymore unpleasant surprises with the Diff algo, I can now begin working on fixing cgminer-khc.

The latest sgminer 5.0.1 looks very interesting.  I like the fact that VS2013 can be used which for me is a big plus since it is what I use for debugging.   

I'm going to check how hard it would be to add my KSHAKE320 PoW algo into sgminer.
legendary
Activity: 1400

legendary
Activity: 952

Interesting, dropped the mult on the 7950 from 9 to 8, increased hash from 80 to 110 proving that just because you can, might not be good.  Still get hw error on 2'nd card when dropped from 6 to 4.  I'll try starting separate instances, see if that works.  If not, well, that 290 is great for mining Diamond.
@Atomicat
which r9 290 do you have and what settings do you use for them?

It's an XFX I just picked up last week.  Cards max out at --shaders 1792,2560 --shaders-mul 9,6.  Got three New block detected's so far and four Found Block's.  Four hardware errors on the 290, none on the other.

Could be card/driver/bios.  I just picked it up and haven't thrashed it into shape yet (damn, no hynix mem!)  I think the person who sold it to me thought they were dumping a lemon.  It had one of those awful blocks for a cooler and my jaw dropped when I saw it was idling at 80C!  But I intended to slap this Thermaltake 2.0 on it anyways, and now it stays under 70 no matter what the voltage or load.  Quite possible he might have cooked it a bit just trying to run anything.

So, one valid block somewhere because I'm at 5613 now.  Going to update those drivers, back in a bit.

Pages:
Jump to: