Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif - page 53. (Read 149437 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Guys, I think I made a mistake and pushed the wrong binary.

I apologize.  I've been working non-stop to get this Diff algorithm issue resolved and I ended up making another mistake.  

It is nothing really bad but, we better have this sorted out in the Wallet before the next retarget.  

So should we not be mining or should we?
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
Guys, I think I made a mistake and pushed the wrong binary.

I apologize.  I've been working non-stop to get this Diff algorithm issue resolved and I ended up making another mistake.  

It is nothing really bad but, we better have this sorted out in the Wallet before the next retarget.  
Activity: 350
New Wallet version 0.3.7 - MANDATORY UPGRADE

https://github.com/kryptohash/kryptohash/releases/tag/v0.3.7

VERY IMPORTANT

1) Backup your wallet.dat file.  
2) Execute kryptohashd or kryptohash-qt with the --reindex  parameter for ONE TIME to allow the wallet to fork correctly at block 5749.

Executed, however current block is 5872 in my wallet -resumed mining, but was the blockchain supposed to be clipped or preserved?
New Wallet version 0.3.7 - MANDATORY UPGRADE

https://github.com/kryptohash/kryptohash/releases/tag/v0.3.7

VERY IMPORTANT

1) Backup your wallet.dat file.  
2) Execute kryptohashd or kryptohash-qt with the --reindex  parameter for ONE TIME to allow the wallet to fork correctly at block 5749.

There will be a hard fork at 5860 so, don't waste your electricity mining till Wallet 0.3.7 is released within the next few hours.
Activity: 690
Merit: 500
I just realized there can more than 2 forked blockchains or even more. So it is some weird kind of competition on which one will be chosen by the dev. If only we knew the rules Grin
Activity: 86
Merit: 11
stuck on 5744 using these ipv6 nodes
Thanks. It seems that IPV6 doesn't work for me and picking random nodes from the list you posted before ends up with the last block number 5781 which is too low. Can you post some IPV4 node addresses which have the correct blockchain or the result of getpeerinfo command?
Wow, you are having a private premine party here! How can I join?  Smiley

Actually you guys are pretty lucky if wr104 decides to continue with your fork. Apart from jokes we have a situation where new users can't connect to the network so the few people mining right now will have the entire load of coins from these blocks, especially cisahasa, judging by his hashrate Grin

I mined this fork for a while until wr104 said we should stop and now I can't connect. As for me, I don't even know what is better now: be fair and let all today's mining go to waste or reward the most loyal miners by letting them keep their instamine.
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
I don't know , I just have removed all region 0 and tried to sync again, but it's stopped on 0 block.
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
I am mining with 5970 and 6990 and my hashrate(280khs) is higher like one core what is 50-70kh/s , but I am getting some HW.

Does it mean that I am mining only with one card / core ?  GPU-temp view  100% usage 4 cores.
I found some block with these cards.
legendary
Can you please tell me in layman terms what I have to do so I can start the wallet normally?
(like connect to others and start mining with my GPUs)
(I got how to start mining - I need the wallet instructions...)

As of right now you can only mine with 1 gpu.
So when the new wallet is released pick your best card you have and use it.

So one GPU per computer? Can I connect from two computers to the wallet?
Is the one GPU temporary thing or is it by design?

I have tried to connect 2 gpus on the same computer to one wallet and I have tried to connect multiple gpus from different computers to the same wallet. You will be wasting your time. They will connect but all you get are HW errors so they do not hash to the wallet. Probably more of a design flaw.

It is a bug in the miner. The dev has said he will get that fixed once the wallet issues are taken care of. He has a second card arriving to him and then he will address that issue. You will be fine for now picking the best card you have until then.

Keep up the faith with the coin and the dev. He has been there addressing any issues that has popped up.
Activity: 271
Merit: 251
Can you please tell me in layman terms what I have to do so I can start the wallet normally?

So one GPU per computer? Can I connect from two computers to the wallet?
Is the one GPU temporary thing or is it by design?
legendary

Activity: 271
Merit: 251
Activity: 183
Merit: 14
Chainjoes.com
To wr104: Where can I download the new 0.3.7 wallet ? Can you give me a link ?  Smiley
21 active connections

Ok, I looked at the logs and found that the fork happened at block 5749.   It was caused by wallets using two different Diff values. 

We are going to have to go with the fork that has the lowest Diff, then one that is at 5826 right now.

{
"blocks" : 5826,
"currentblocksize" : 3016,
"currentblocktx" : 7,
"difficulty" : 10.00534948,
"errors" : "",
"genproclimit" : -1,
"networkhashps" : 694,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false,
"generate" : false,
"hashespersec" : 0
}

just say network is still live and going on..

just my guess, not looked source yet:
is blocktime calculated as cap between blocks?
it cant, it should be when work received till work solved

It seems you are in the wrong fork. How many peers do you have?  Can you PM me part of the debug.log that shows the transition from 5699 to 5700 and from 5799 to 5800?
I need to understand how some wallets could end up calculating a different Diff during retarget.

For this day i have: 0 active connection(s) to kryptohasnetwork.
Are there more addnodes?

I uploaded a new version 0.3.7 to the seeds that rejects connections from older wallet versions. But this 0.3.7 version is not final yet.  
I was hoping it was going to help stop people from continuing mining the wrong fork.
Activity: 86
Merit: 11
Are there more addnodes?

There is also a fork from those wallets that calculated the wrong diff at 5700   Undecided

Nobody should be mining at this point. 
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Are there more addnodes?
Pages:
Jump to: