Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] labcoin ASIC - v.1 @130nm/300Mhz -16 cores chip - European / Chinese Team - page 4. (Read 33598 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
So you are not even going to wait to see if the 130nm chips work before going ahead with the next generation? Are you that confident?
I'm sure that all these questions of design strategy were covered in detail in the Business Planning and Strategy section of the Offering Memorandum that must have been available prior to the IPO...
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
wtf is going on here.. nothing for 3 days?  Was that question too tough?
Activity: 337
Merit: 252
Today we have a very important update, the Chinese team is simulating a lot of design simultaneously and worked almost non-stop for the last 48 hours  targeting different process sizes.

The results are more than positive, i will try to outline them in the clearest way possible.

1) The 65nm 500Mhz is still undergoing post-verification phase, while another simulation is ongoing at 600Mhz and we're waiting for the results.

2)  Post simulations yielded positive results on a 130nm, 300Mhz, Power 0.8W, 6.5x6.5mm design.

The team is working on HDL optimizations to get 16 cores for chip.

Some math, quoted from the tech team
    "300M*16=4.8G, 0.8*16=12.8W, Area=130,0000*16=2080,0000, make the utilization ratio to 50%, the chip size will be about 4160,0000um2, about 6.5mm x 6.5mm"

"Power consumption per GHash is 12.8W/4.8G=2.7W/GHash"

"Estimated selling price for chip, 8-9 USD"

What does this mean ? i think it's not hard to get.  130nm process and 5GH speed at slightly higher power consumption, but competitive prices.

Shoot any question guys

Sam
Labcoin team

How can this version be so much smaller than the earlier 180nm design? I assume this is more or less the 180nm chip design shrunk to 130nm, and the numbers seem right except for the size. How in the world can you fit 16 cores in that small area? I can't make sense of it. The 180nm version would be 5mmx5mm so this one should be a square with 5mm*130/180=3.6mm, no? 16 of these would be 14x14. Can anybody help me figure this out?

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
labcoin,

after 65 design will you begin work on 28nm? (q1/q2 2014?)
I'd advise you not to take pre-orders for whole miners, instead just sell bulk chips and possibly reference PCBs

All the companies that are a little late with actually manufacturing working miners get massive amounts of hate. I'd say to avoid the risk and let third parties build systems and hobbyists build their own miners from components (possibly soldering on their own chips).

That will also create a "filter" that will prevent people who don't know anything from ordering from you and then flipping out all over the forum.
Activity: 462
Firing it up
When we are able to order some hashrate from you? I am worried that there are scams which like to use pre-order to cheat us.
Activity: 154
Labcoin.com
Correct, the first batch of ICs is meant as  a test for our design. Delivery is expected in mid September, in quantities of several thousands pieces.
We expect to have the boards up and running within 7/10 days after we receive the ICs.
65 nm design is currently under development and is expected to go on tape-out in late August or early September.

So you are not even going to wait to see if the 130nm chips work before going ahead with the next generation? Are you that confident?

All tests and simulations show that we can be confident on the quality of our work, additionally, we will use this run of 130nm chips to deploy our own mining power and fine tune the hardware, before going for a larger run.
The 65nm design is expected to be ready within the mentioned timeframe, but it's not guaranteed to, we will take the best decisions according to how events will unfold.
Correct, the first batch of ICs is meant as  a test for our design. Delivery is expected in mid September, in quantities of several thousands pieces.
We expect to have the boards up and running within 7/10 days after we receive the ICs.
65 nm design is currently under development and is expected to go on tape-out in late August or early September.

Labcoin.com
My understanding is you've ordered a test first run of ICs at 130nm, and if those chips work you plan on ordering a larger run, correct?

When do you expect to receive the first run, and how many chips will you be getting? 

If the chips work, how long will it take to get them up and running on the network?

With the successful IPO, how many ICs will you order in the second run, and when exactly do you expect to receive them?

Are you still planning on a 65nm design next, when do you expect to tape out, etc?

My understanding is you've ordered a test first run of ICs at 130nm, and if those chips work you plan on ordering a larger run, correct?

When do you expect to receive the first run, and how many chips will you be getting? 

If the chips work, how long will it take to get them up and running on the network?

With the successful IPO, how many ICs will you order in the second run, and when exactly do you expect to receive them?

Are you still planning on a 65nm design next, when do you expect to tape out, etc?
Labcoin.com
As announced here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2850861 we do look forward to provide more updates.
A website update is on the way as well, please post any question here or in the security thread as you see fit.

Thanks

Sam
So, congratulations on a successful IPO. Now let's get some real updates on the project status.

You may want to send TheSeven over here to explain things.
Activity: 462
Firing it up
what's the target price for your products? or Hash rate/$?

We won't yet talk about 'prices', but our cost is about 18~20 USD/Ghash for version 1, still just an estimation. Take it with a grain of salt.

Sound reasonable. I should trust you first as the distance is very close. Hong Kongers inside.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
interesting .and mark this.want to know more about ur IPO details.
I wish I could have bought some shares at 2:59, or told a buddy to, and then lock it right away. 
Great way to increase the demand and get the most return..
(fuck you)

Everyone got shares based on the % of the total buy interested, all priced at 0.001 btc.  Everyone got about 40% of what they asked for, so, if you bid for 100 shares, you got about 40 shares and paid 0.04btc

They got exactly what they asked for: 7,000 BTC.  No less, no more.
Activity: 392
I wish I could have bought some shares at 2:59, or told a buddy to, and then lock it right away. 
Great way to increase the demand and get the most return..
(fuck you)
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Please give a full 24 hours before unlocking the IPO to allow time to transfer BTC into the exchange. if orders do indeed fill 'auction style' from the highest bidder down, allowing time for everyone to place their bids competitively will help the company raise more funds and give everyone a chance to buy shares.

Go to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263445.0;all

It seems like it has already started!!!

It has not that is just people putting in bid orders the ask side is still empty
The asset just was officially approved

Will be on a first in first served basis or auction style?

IMHO it should be FIFS!

Outdated refer below that

Burnside said
Highest to Lowest
Then
First in First Serve

Since IPO is 0.001000 and its nearly filled to the 7000 bitcoin goal it is highly likely that not all orders will be filled at that price so earliest bids will be taken from those at the lowest price.

0.001001 is probably the safest bet before people start moving to it as bids above IPO are only 2558 BTC of the current changing bitcoin total which is 6759 BTC at the IPO price and then dust below it

Quick question is this still up to date
http://www.labcoin.com/presentation.html

EDIT Well that was fast when I Was napping a lot of things changed XD

UPDATE FINAL:

(Ethan Burnside) Hi all, I'm posting this somewhat blind.  (haven't caught up with the last 10 or so pages...)

TheSwede75 and I have talked a bit and here's what we've come up with:

- 3 PM CST/4 PM EST is the cutoff for bidding.  (EDITED!)
- Sometime shortly after that time I will lock the asset.
    - All bids below 0.001 will be thrown out.
    - All bids posted after the cutoff will be thrown out.
- We will then add up all the bids and use the total to create a ratio of number of shares ordered to number of shares available.  (eg, 9,000,000 ordered, 7,000,000 available gives us a ratio of 0.777)
- We will multiply everyone's orders times the ratio and extract a whole number of shares on a per order basis.  The orders will then be filled according to the result at 0.001 BTC.  (regardless of what they actually bid.)
- This will leave some number of shares available due to rounding down to a whole number on every calculation.  We'll figure out a way to deal with these fairly.  Most likely recipients will be chosen at random from the pool of bidders but they will be a very small portion of the overall issue.
- 8 PM CST/9 PM EST we remove the admin lock and everyone can start trading.

Wednesdays are already full days for me with ASICMINER-PT related duties and my day job.  So please be patient today.  Responses to customer service and related requests will unfortunately be delayed significantly so that I can write and test all the code necessary to execute the plan above.

sounds sane
Cheers.
Activity: 252
Please give a full 24 hours before unlocking the IPO to allow time to transfer BTC into the exchange. if orders do indeed fill 'auction style' from the highest bidder down, allowing time for everyone to place their bids competitively will help the company raise more funds and give everyone a chance to buy shares.

It has not that is just people putting in bid orders the ask side is still empty

Will be on a first in first served basis or auction style?

IMHO it should be FIFS!
legendary

legendary
Information is vital reserved
Pages:
Jump to: