Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] labcoin ASIC - v.1 @130nm/300Mhz -16 cores chip - European / Chinese Team - page 6. (Read 33631 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Any update?

The IPO is being finalized and a draft has been sent to Burnside @ btct.co
We are expecting to finalize the last details soon and are hoping to launch the IPO within a week.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
eve
Activity: 210
this thread is much more legit than knc miner. more people should be paying attention. good luck.

Have to admit they disclosed more details than others and certainly looks to be more transparent.
Activity: 154
Labcoin.com

The contract with SZICC is being signed and sealed tomorrow, for booking the tape-out on Jun 24.

I think you want to say July 24. How long until you will have chips in hand after July 24 tape-out?

How many chips are you making now? Waiting for the 65nm updates, in particular how soon do you plan to do them?

Yes, thanks for the head-up.  Fixed. 65nm will go on tape-out as soon as possible, and with great improvement on the original speed and power consuption. The point of the IPO is to raise money for this, because a 65nm tape-out cost is very different from a 130nm one.   Right now we're looking to get 1000/1500 chips from the first run at 130nm.
Labcoin.com
Here are some documents about the SZICC contract we are stipulating for the 130nm tape-out with TSMC, to gauge everyone's interest.

We have more exciting updates about the 65nm new generation IC, we will release the updates in the following days.

Thanks very much. Your project seems very promising at this point.
I like your style.
I guess you locate in Shenzhen, China. I'd like to visit your site if there is an open day for public reviewing.

Thanks for your appreciation, we will have open days as soon as the prototypes are ready! which will be around 45 days from Jul 24.
Labcoin.com
    "300M*16=4.8G, 0.8*16=12.8W, Area=130,0000*16=2080,0000, make the utilization ratio to 50%, the chip size will be about 4160,0000um2, about 6.5mm x 6.5mm"

"Power consumption per GHash is 12.8W/4.8G=2.7W/GHash"

"Estimated selling price for chip, 8-9 USD"

"estimated selling price of 8-9 USD is affordable, is this confirm??"

Estimated chip price may be slightly adjusted, but will stay near that price point. We're looking long-term and we think we will be working with volume instead of focusing on retail market.
We will still probably offer some high-powered devices though, expected in Mid September.

The contract with SZICC is being signed and sealed tomorrow, for booking the tape-out on Jun 24.

The IPO seems to be going a bit slow though, but we have enough funding for this initial tape-out, so it's not a concern.

P.S. All emails received are being automatically added to our newsletter.

Thanks

Sam
Labcoin Team

Who is SZICC is that your Design House or Fab House and what is their relation with TSMC?

SZICC is an incubator for helping startups dealing with large companies like TSMC. http://www.szicc.com.cn/en/comp_gsln.asp

eve
    "300M*16=4.8G, 0.8*16=12.8W, Area=130,0000*16=2080,0000, make the utilization ratio to 50%, the chip size will be about 4160,0000um2, about 6.5mm x 6.5mm"

Estimated chip price may be slightly adjusted, but will stay near that price point. We're looking long-term and we think we will be working with volume instead of focusing on retail market.
We will still probably offer some high-powered devices though, expected in Mid September.

The IPO seems to be going a bit slow though, but we have enough funding for this initial tape-out, so it's not a concern.

Thanks

Sam
Labcoin Team

Who is SZICC is that your Design House or Fab House and what is their relation with TSMC?
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Here are some documents about the SZICC contract we are stipulating for the 130nm tape-out with TSMC, to gauge everyone's interest.

We have more exciting updates about the 65nm new generation IC, we will release the updates in the following days.

Thanks very much. Your project seems very promising at this point.
I like your style.
I guess you locate in Shenzhen, China. I'd like to visit your site if there is an open day for public reviewing.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

I think you want to say July 24. How long until you will have chips in hand after July 24 tape-out?

How many chips are you making now? Waiting for the 65nm updates, in particular how soon do you plan to do them?
Labcoin.com
Here are some paperworks about the SZICC contract we are stipulating for the 130nm tape-out with TSMC, to gauge everyone's interest.

Labcoin.com

The contract with SZICC is being signed and sealed tomorrow, for booking the tape-out on Jul 24.

Thanks

Sam
Labcoin Team
eve
Today we have a very important update, the Chinese team is simulating a lot of design simultaneously and worked almost non-stop for the last 48 hours  targeting different process sizes.

The results are more than positive, i will try to outline them in the clearest way possible.

1) The 65nm 500Mhz is still undergoing post-verification phase, while another simulation is ongoing at 600Mhz and we're waiting for the results.

2)  Post simulations yielded positive results on a 130nm, 300Mhz, Power 0.8W, 6.5x6.5mm design.

The team is working on HDL optimizations to get 16 cores for chip.

Some math, quoted from the tech team

What does this mean ? i think it's not hard to get.  130nm process and 5GH speed at slightly higher power consumption, but competitive prices.

Shoot any question guys

Sam
Labcoin team

estimated selling price of 8-9 USD is affordable, is this confirm??
Activity: 317
Merit: 252
In Rarity I trust!

Thank you. I appreciate that.  First batch will be probably ready for shipment by late august, Follow this thread or send us an email at [email protected] so we can add you to our newsletter.
As for the rack size, i think it's a little early to make promises but we will do our best to give these devices the right casing. Thanks again

Sam
Labcoin Team

I didn't read for a while, mailed already for newsletter.

Is the first batch part of tthe hosting solution, or is there any possibility to buy/preorder some miners?
Activity: 224
Investment opportunity should be open in 2 days. We'll be probably on btct.co or bitfunder, details are still being ironed out. Exact number of shares and price will be posted here shortly, probably tomorrow.
So the only way of investing is with bitcoins right?

The current plan is indeed to perform IPO through a Bitcoin exchange such as BTCT.CO, Bitfunder or Picostock, meaning that investments would be made in Bitcoin exclusively.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Investment opportunity should be open in 2 days. We'll be probably on btct.co or bitfunder, details are still being ironed out. Exact number of shares and price will be posted here shortly, probably tomorrow.
So the only way of investing is with bitcoins right?
Labcoin.com
what's the target price for your products? or Hash rate/$?

We won't yet talk about 'prices', but our cost is about 18~20 USD/Ghash for version 1, still just an estimation. Take it with a grain of salt.

So far I like your style.

Develop, produce, sell. Just let me know when you've got the first batch of hardware ready to ship.

~

Also I wonder if you could make my day and produce a product and will go in a 19inch U2/U3/U4 ? save us the trouble of having to mess with things.

Thank you. I appreciate that.  First batch will be probably ready for shipment by late august, Follow this thread or send us an email at [email protected] so we can add you to our newsletter.
As for the rack size, i think it's a little early to make promises but we will do our best to give these devices the right casing. Thanks again

Sam
Labcoin Team
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
what's the target price for your products? or Hash rate/$?

We won't yet talk about 'prices', but our cost is about 18~20 USD/Ghash for version 1, still just an estimation. Take it with a grain of salt.

So far I like your style.

Develop, produce, sell. Just let me know when you've got the first batch of hardware ready to ship.

~

Also I wonder if you could make my day and produce a product and will go in a 19inch U2/U3/U4 ? save us the trouble of having to mess with things.
Labcoin.com
It seems odd that the purveyor of the opportunity is providing us with information on how to spot a scam.

Not trying to troll, just thought it was ironic.

Ironic ? well, it's the last thing i find it to be. I respect your point of view though, if you just can elaborate more why you find it odd.

EDIT : Perhaps for conflict of interest ?

EDIT 2 : I just gave a warning, i didn't release any name at all. I think it's more than fair play.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
It seems odd that the purveyor of the opportunity is providing us with information on how to spot a scam.

Not trying to troll, just thought it was ironic.
Pages:
Jump to: