Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] labcoin ASIC - v.1 @130nm/300Mhz -16 cores chip - European / Chinese Team - page 9. (Read 33598 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I believe ASICMINER has said that 800-1000 TH will be the total hashrate of the whole network and that they will bring in 200 TH to keep the 20% of the network, but the above statement has been misquoted as if they will implement the 1000 TH themselves.

edit: changed 1 TH to 1000 TH.
Activity: 378
Hi

where did you found the information about asicminer 800/1ph deployment?

if someone can post any link or else?

thanks
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
I have to say I like IPO.

Can you be more specific ? there are various sites for doing the IPO, but we are more prone to a "private IPO" approach, if we should choose this way.
In addition, we would like to keep all the proceedings from the IPO on escrow, until we have a contract signed with the fab for the final tape-out.
We would be talking about a quite large sum of money.

Thanks for your feedback.

What would be considered a private IPO? Just private investors funding a bulk of the IPO outside of an exchange? How much money would you need to raise? How would the share structure and payout look like? If you can provide more details please share. Thanks.

+1 yes, yes, what that guy said above Cool please more detail, or if you're undecided lets discuss options here
Activity: 350

Can you be more specific ? there are various sites for doing the IPO, but we are more prone to a "private IPO" approach, if we should choose this way.
In addition, we would like to keep all the proceedings from the IPO on escrow, until we have a contract signed with the fab for the final tape-out.

What would be considered a private IPO? Just private investors funding a bulk of the IPO outside of an exchange? How much money would you need to raise? How would the share structure and payout look like? If you can provide more details please share. Thanks.
The other choice is opening a public IPO and going for a larger run of IC, 100.000~200.000 and mantain our previously announced marketing strategy. We want to hear the community opinion about this.

I would go for the IPO to raise more funds and to run a bigger production.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
no ipo, most will prefer their own mining hardware.

" If all the post-simulations are positive, this IC design will go on tape-out, without test runs but with minimized risks, in a few days;  TSMC has a 65nm CLN65/CMN65 on schedule for 8 and 22 July."

- Go for the July 8th Tape out with TMSC for the 10k chip. Time is critical.

- if July 8th tape out you should get your Asic chip by middle of August and you can shipped those units out by August 2013.

They are a bunch of Asics coming in Sept and October ...

By the way USB Asic will not be a good piece of hardware to re-cover your ROI... may as well sell the higher hashing rate unit!

I'm not so sure you are necessarily correct. I think we are just now moving towards the main stream acceptance and interesting bitcoin. A say $50 USB miner, that can hash at 5-800 mh/s would prob sell very well even in sept/oct.

That said, I think that a ASICMINER style forum based/private IPO @ a reasonable valuation for production of low-cost larger units would prob still be a safer and more rewarding venture.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
The other choice is opening a public IPO and going for a larger run of IC, 100.000~200.000 and mantain our previously announced marketing strategy. We want to hear the community opinion about this.

Just do like everyone else does. Make up some numbers and open your website for pre-orders. There's plenty of fools customers that will throw lots of money your way.

Be ethical nobody likes the work ethics of Butterfly or Avalon, they are being called scammers, cheaters and fraudsters.. and those 4 letter words. Grin
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

Just do like everyone else does. Make up some numbers and open your website for pre-orders. There's plenty of fools customers that will throw lots of money your way.
Activity: 224
In my view there are two different approaches here. Either you go straight for manufacturing of the 10k USB devices @ about (if I understand correctly) 1.5 x the speed of the ASICMINER block Eruptors and sell them to the public.

OR

You do a BTCT.CO/Bitfunder style IPO and rush to mass production of a more complex miner and/or mine-farm.

I think both are viable, though I think a IPO (if reasonably priced, well structure etc.) may be a much more,profitable and attractive option for all parties.
Activity: 379

IPO on sites is just ok. Why do you choose "private IPO"?
Activity: 406
no ipo, most will prefer their own mining hardware.

" If all the post-simulations are positive, this IC design will go on tape-out, without test runs but with minimized risks, in a few days;  TSMC has a 65nm CLN65/CMN65 on schedule for 8 and 22 July."

- Go for the July 8th Tape out with TMSC for the 10k chip. Time is critical.

- if July 8th tape out you should get your Asic chip by middle of August and you can shipped those units out by August 2013.

They are a bunch of Asics coming in Sept and October ...

By the way USB Asic will not be a good piece of hardware to re-cover your ROI... may as well sell the higher hashing rate unit!
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
IPO probably best choice to speed up production.

how would private IPO work?

Thanks for the update

Activity: 154
Labcoin.com

Activity: 379
Activity: 154
Labcoin.com
As promised, here is an important update about our progress, and some changes to our initial plan.

First thing to say, while the team in China was developing the first 180nm iteration, it was simultaneously exploring a 65nm IC design as well.

Few days ago, the team was carrying on with the final preparation steps to put our 180nm design out  for final tape-out with UMC fab.

Briefly after hearing about the latest news regarding ASICMINER new deployment of 800-1000 TH within the year, the management decided on a strategy shift.

We stopped at last minute the tape-out of 180nm first iteration test-run, and further development stopped as well.  

The Chinese team is now optimizing the initial 65nm design to work at 433Mhz, with over-clocking possible;
we expect to release final estimated hash rate and more precise estimations about power consumption data for this IC in 24 hours.

If all the post-simulations are positive, this IC design will go on tape-out, without test runs but with minimized risks, in a few days;  TSMC has a 65nm CLN65/CMN65 on schedule for 8 and 22 July.
Should we miss the 8 July shuttle we will go for the 22 July one. After about 50 days the deployment will start.

This IC could be used for a high-powered USB mining device, as preliminar tests shown power consumption is in the range of 0.7~0.9W

The version 2, which the European team is working on, is progressing as well; We got the whole I/O IC interface HDL code ready and it will be adapted and used for the new version 1 interface as well; The version 2 will still be a 65nm IC design with an expected higher hashing rate, in the range of 4~5 GH/sec, and lower power consumption but real progress is expected in September/October.

We need to take another decision now, since ASICMINER dominance is getting worse day by day, we are at a turning point, we have enough funds to finance a initial batch of 10.000 version 1  IC at an approximate cost of 700,000 CNY, or about 88,000 USD. This would output about 4.5 TH of power. Accounting (estimating) for a tripled or quadrupled mining difficulty during our deployment phase, we estimated that our initial investment could be recovered in about 1~1.5 months.

The Labcoin Team

EDIT : Photos of the new 65nm IC design with on chip PLL will be published as soon as they are ready.  Typos.
Activity: 155
Great and Awesome News, Now it is 12$+ per GH/s and could go down to 10$ per GH/S soon. Cheers to more reasonable pricing.

Where did you see this news?

+1
Great and Awesome News, Now it is 12$+ per GH/s and could go down to 10$ per GH/S soon. Cheers to more reasonable pricing.

Where did you see this news?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Activity: 406
Ok have a good night, 4 to 5 hours of sleeping time is more than enough. By the way you don't have to sleep that early , we are up till  3am or 4am everyday before we call it a day. Anyway  Wait for your good news?
Pages:
Jump to: