Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LEASERIG.NET - rent&hire Quark hashing power! - page 29. (Read 106956 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Could you add the current mining speed of each rig next to their name on the admin page? it would make it easier to spot problems from the admin page and save clicking through.

am sure you have a lot on your plate anyway, but maybe it could go onto project list?

thanks
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Yea I fully believe he will make it up for me, was just saying that to prevent more hassle when the next user rents it in few hours.
Activity: 588
Merit: 520
You should probably remove Bob (Scrypt 1.45 MH/s) rig from your list before someone else leases it. Leased it almost 20 hours ago for 24 hours and it's been down the whole time. And the owner is MIA.

I wouldn't worry if I was you. bitlynx looks like a solid provider and he will surely refund you when he comes back.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
You should probably remove Bob (Scrypt 1.45 MH/s) rig from your list before someone else leases it. Leased it almost 20 hours ago for 24 hours and it's been down the whole time. And the owner is MIA.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
ah, yes, of course... that was it - it had no lease plans defined.  i added one and now it's showing on the list of available rigs.

regarding the problem saving, i've scheduled this as a cron task:

*/5 * * * * cp -u /.cgminer/cgminer.conf /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf >/dev/null 2>&1

it was recommended on this forum as a work-around to this issue.  i believe it runs once every 5 minutes, which may not be fast enough to pass your test.  is that the problem, or is it not referencing the correct paths?

Maybe you can adapt what I did for bamt:
1/ Note the default saving path of cgminer/sgminer : you'll know it doing Settings / Write Config file in cgminer. In bamt, it's "/.sgminer/sgminer.conf". Seeing your cron job, I guess it's /.cgminer/cgminer.conf
2/ Edit /etc/bamt/bamt.conf. Find the line beginning with "cgminer_opts:" and replace the default config file with the result of 1/
3/ Restart the mine script or reboot
ah, yes, of course... that was it - it had no lease plans defined.  i added one and now it's showing on the list of available rigs.

it was recommended on this forum as a work-around to this issue.  i believe it runs once every 5 minutes, which may not be fast enough to pass your test.  is that the problem, or is it not referencing the correct paths?

If it is saving every 5 min then it will fail the test because test does not wait for 5 min.

Where are all providers now? Almost running out of available rigs!
Activity: 58
Merit: 0

I thought that was fixed?
Activity: 64

fyi, CanadaMinerRig01, which is the one i'm testing on above, is NOT shown on the list of available rigs (online or offline), but it IS shown on the drop down of available rigs to fill a rig order..... odd.

If your rig has no active lease and no renting plans - it will not be shown on main list - because it cannot be hired.

As for your failure of test. The problem is clearly in saving - when cgminer starts again, it does not use newly saved config.
fyi, CanadaMinerRig01, which is the one i'm testing on above, is NOT shown on the list of available rigs (online or offline), but it IS shown on the drop down of available rigs to fill a rig order..... odd.

Ok, i *think* i've got everything straight, but i'm not passing the test. I have:
-made sure my primary and backup pools in my cgconfig exactly match the primary and backup pools on leaserig (instructions don't say this, but it seems to make sense to do it this way.  otherwise, this test fails at an earlier stage).
-created the entry in crontab to copy my config from one path to another (did it as described - may or may not be correct for SMOS 1.3)

two problems - first, my rig does not show in the list of available rigs.  i can configure it, so the server sees me, but it doesn't show on the main list
second, i fail the test as below....

Testing address: 99.239.xxx.xxx:10001

Testing command "summary"... PASSED
STATUS=S,When=1391800565,Code=11,Msg=Summary,Description=cgminer 3.7.2|SUMMARY,Elapsed=974,MHS av=1.25,MHS 5s=1.23,Found Blocks=0,Getworks=49,Accepted=13,Rejected=0,Hardware Errors=0,Utility=0.80,Discarded=46,Stale=0,Get Failures=0,Local Work=257,Remote Failures=0,Network Blocks=31,Total MH=1220.5425,Work Utility=1152.58,Difficulty Accepted=13312.00000000,Difficulty Rejected=0.00000000,Difficulty Stale=0.00000000,Best Share=262233,Device Hardware%=0.0000,Device Rejected%=0.0000,Pool Rejected%=0.0000,Pool Stale%=0.0000|

Testing command "addpool"... PASSED
STATUS=S,When=1391800565,Code=55,Msg=Added pool 'http://leaserig.net:3333',Description=cgminer 3.7.2|

Testing command "pools"... PASSED
Contains data of added pool.

Testing command "switchpool"... PASSED
STATUS=S,When=1391800566,Code=27,Msg=Switching to pool 2:'http://leaserig.net:3333',Description=cgminer 3.7.2|

Waiting 10 seconds...

Testing command "removepool"...
PASSED STATUS=S,When=1391800576,Code=68,Msg=Removed pool 0:'stratum+tcp://middlecoin.com:3333',Description=cgminer 3.7.2|
PASSED STATUS=S,When=1391800576,Code=68,Msg=Removed pool 1:'stratum+tcp://useast.middlecoin.com:3333',Description=cgminer 3.7.2|

Testing command "save"... PASSED
STATUS=S,When=1391800576,Code=44,Msg=Configuration saved to file '/root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf',Description=cgminer 3.7.2|

Testing command "restart"... PASSED
RESTART

Waiting 10 seconds...

Testing command "pools"... FAILED
Activity: 462
Merit: 262
Verification procedure is now intense and will tell you how far you have configured everything:

http://leaserig.net/rigtest.jsp

It is advised that even existing providers try it to make sure everything is in place. But do it when your rig is NOT rented!.

CGWatcher f*cks things up, so before you try it, shut dont CGWatcher.

Code:
Testing command "restart"... PASSED
RESTART

Waiting 10 seconds...

Testing command "pools"... FAILED

But right after the restart command my CGWatcher jumps in and start a 2nd CGMiner making me suddenly have 2 CGMiners on that API port.
Verification procedure is now intense and will tell you how far you have configured everything:

http://leaserig.net/rigtest.jsp

It is advised that even existing providers try it to make sure everything is in place. But do it when your rig is NOT rented!.
Activity: 462
Merit: 262
Hi Djezo,

Just a big respect for the amount of work you put into this. I love that people are able to be able to rent my rig.

I have 2 small rigs, 1 very small rig with a low price, and 1 small rig with a high price. I'm happy to mine for myself untill people pay a premium price Wink. But with the minirig I'm able to give back a little and have a normal price =].

Keep up the work.

PS. i don't like the idea of having to install a different OS. The reason behind this,
On my rig I run:

1 x CGminer for GPU mining
1 x CGMiner for Dualminers
1 x BFGMiner for SHA-256 mining

If you make a distro, better make sure that providers are able to run different versions of CGMiner and BFGMiner etc.
Almost there - I just need a stable pool, anyone knows one that is always online  Huh Or I rather use litecoin wallet with enabled RPC.

Orders guys! Put on some more orders. I see only 2 for very shit prices haha, noone is going to fill them for only 0.01, try a bit higher and you may get some.  Grin

Maybe you don't know all the features of orders, here are some:
* you can cancel any of your orders anytime
* requested time frame for hashing power is reducing automatically
* up to 2 starting pools can be used - these are auto-switched to the moment your order is filled
* you get email notification when your order is filled
* when order amount falls below 0.001 BTC, order is cancelled automatically
* there are no extra fees when using orders
* placing and removing orders is super fast with no delays and immediate effect on your wallet balance
ah, i see. ok, so perhaps make passing the test a status on the list of available rigs.  make the status of all rigs "untested" (much like unrented rigs have the status "new"), until the rig operator goes to your test page and gets a passing grade.  setup a separate thread, separated by OS, to discuss failures and solutions to this test.

perhaps someone would like to launch a leaserig forum?

This would not guarantee that the rig is properly configured; providers may change their cgminer settings and "blow" ones, rendering rig not working properly again.

I will make this test page mainly so that new providers know whether their rig is properly configured. Will try to include hints what has to be done if something is not working properly (but have to collect them all, because they different according to OS).

sounds good.  hey, why are you wasting your time talking to us?  just do it!   Smiley

thanks for all your hard work.  it's appreciated.
ah, i see. ok, so perhaps make passing the test a status on the list of available rigs.  make the status of all rigs "untested" (much like unrented rigs have the status "new"), until the rig operator goes to your test page and gets a passing grade.  setup a separate thread, separated by OS, to discuss failures and solutions to this test.

This would not guarantee that the rig is properly configured; providers may change their cgminer settings and "blow" ones, rendering rig not working properly again.

I will make this test page mainly so that new providers know whether their rig is properly configured. Will try to include hints what has to be done if something is not working properly (but have to collect them all, because they different according to OS).

I was thinking about that too, but I won't include it there. When this test is being performed, it will mess with the pools, change pool, remove old pools, save config and then restart cgminer and verify whether new pools are present. It pretty much destroys your previous saved pools so this is not something you should be performing when rig is already ready to be hired or even worse - when it is already hired.
If there was proxy made, then for sure it would be made for win (all versions) and linux (all versions) - just like cgminer is capable of running on both OSes. I am well aware that providers use different OSes so any kind of solution with new software must be very robust and portable. Luckily I know exactly what would have to be done, but it is a bit time consuming (would take me 2 or 3 days).

For now, I will try to improve rigtest subpage of leaserig - I can make it to detect whether cgminer is properly configured (with pool saving that come back after cgminer restart).

Also about to implement lease history and stats about current rig rental prices.

I was happy when i found your rig test subpage, and am glad to hear you're putting further work into it.  Perhaps you can roll it into the main rig admin page - just show green checks if everything passes, and red x's with a link to the rig test page if anything fails.  run the tests on a schedule and email the rig owner if a test fails. 
Pages:
Jump to: