Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LEASERIG.NET - rent&hire Quark hashing power! - page 32. (Read 106956 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Could you implement an email verification for changing the BTC payment address? So when trying to change the BTC payment address, an email is sent with a link to confirm the change. That way the payment address can't be changed without express consent. I've seen some pools handle this with 2 factor authentication (also a good idea), but I think the email verification method is much easier to implement while still increasing security.

Maybe in the future. I still believe that hacking certain either customers or providers account is nearly impossible - passwords are very long. If someone do get a hold of your password, then he either got it from your email (so your email was already compromised) or directly from your pc (from where you use email - again compromised). I see no additional security if I implement this.

What about just an email notification that the payment address was changed? I understand what you're saying and perhaps an email verification isn't a good way to implement this. My concern stems from experience with mining pools. I've had a pool get "hacked" where all auto-payout addresses were changed for every user. I would hate to have LeaseRig.net payments going to an address I didn't intend and logging in regularly to verify the payment address can be cumbersome.
Activity: 588
Merit: 520
Verify whether your cgminer is configured correctly for API access from website by visiting:
Code:
http://leaserig.net/rigtest.jsp?port=7777

(replace 7777 with your cgminer API port number)
Could you implement an email verification for changing the BTC payment address? So when trying to change the BTC payment address, an email is sent with a link to confirm the change. That way the payment address can't be changed without express consent. I've seen some pools handle this with 2 factor authentication (also a good idea), but I think the email verification method is much easier to implement while still increasing security.

Maybe in the future. I still believe that hacking certain either customers or providers account is nearly impossible - passwords are very long. If someone do get a hold of your password, then he either got it from your email (so your email was already compromised) or directly from your pc (from where you use email - again compromised). I see no additional security if I implement this.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hello,

2 things:

- As a customer, when I want to rent a Rig, I click on the "hire" button, then the page shows me the renting plan and warnings.
Could you add here the description of the Rig?

- As an admin, can you add a second backup pool (it means 3 pools then, the main one and 2 backups)?

Thanks
Can someone confirm whether mail notifications are working fine?

Yes... in fact, could you have an option to disable those notifications, maybe disable specific types of notifications?
It doesn't really do me any good getting an email saying I just leased a rig.  I know I just leased a rig.  I don't need email spam telling me what I am doing.

Will include that in next update.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100

Yes... in fact, could you have an option to disable those notifications, maybe disable specific types of notifications?
It doesn't really do me any good getting an email saying I just leased a rig.  I know I just leased a rig.  I don't need email spam telling me what I am doing.
I think that every customer decides for himself for how much he would hire a rig depending on market situation how much he can earn. You are forgetting one important fact; we are not trading coins here, but rigs and rig prices depend on how much can be earned with them. Showing these too high and all customers would rather go to competition where prices are low (keep that in mind).

That's exactly what I'm saying ... Currently most of the rigs are rented for LESS then it is showed in column "Best rated price (BTC/GH/day)". If customers (potential renters) would also see the current prices this would show a more real position of the prices ... this would actually become some kind of "orderbook" as we are used from coin trading portals.

The actual renting prices are higher than ones displayed in BRP column, because most of providers set lowest prices for high hours count and very high for low hour count. Most of leases are low hour count, thus paying more than what is stated in column BRP. That is why you often see "Last scrypt mining rig was rented for XXX BTC/MH/day" where XXX is way higher than lowest price of rig in the table.

But, just wait a bit more, tomorrow hopefully comes one great feature many been waiting for Wink

Some of you didn't set proper description when putting your rig type to nFactor. You should state in description that it is for VTC only.
Activity: 457
Merit: 273
I think that every customer decides for himself for how much he would hire a rig depending on market situation how much he can earn. You are forgetting one important fact; we are not trading coins here, but rigs and rig prices depend on how much can be earned with them. Showing these too high and all customers would rather go to competition where prices are low (keep that in mind).

That's exactly what I'm saying ... Currently most of the rigs are rented for LESS then it is showed in column "Best rated price (BTC/GH/day)". If customers (potential renters) would also see the current prices this would show a more real position of the prices ... this would actually become some kind of "orderbook" as we are used from coin trading portals.
Activity: 457
Merit: 273
One minor, but annoying buggy: when my rig is rented, and I remove all my renting plans, the rig disappears from the list of rented rigs. I thing you should do it like this:

if (rig rented) then
show best price
else
show the price at witch rig is currently rented (and show in the list of currently rented rigs even if there are no currently defined renting plans)
end

Acutally it would be even better for you to show additional column in the list

"Currently rented
price (BTC/GH/day)"

For the rigs that are rented you would display the BTC/GH/day price at which the rig is currently rented, for the available rigs you would display "N/A" (obviously, since they are currently not rented).

djeZo, this is very important since the current table is somewhat misleading ...it doesn't show the current "renting market position" since the users may try to manipulate the market position by hiding current price. Renting system must be transparent and shouldn't allow manipulation... Please fix this ASAP.
Activity: 24
somebody please tell me why someone would rent a rig for x btc when they could just buy more than they could mine from an exchange?  wouldn't this be more profitable if you accepted paypal for those that down already have btc to trade with?

While I agree, Paypal is touchy as far as crypto-currency is concerned. We have had an account suspended due to selling coins, and while I believe leasing rigs is acceptable at this time, that may change at any moment.

From what I've seen, Google Wallet might be a better avenue to pursue.
Activity: 188
Merit: 10
somebody please tell me why someone would rent a rig for x btc when they could just buy more than they could mine from an exchange?  wouldn't this be more profitable if you accepted paypal for those that down already have btc to trade with?

because it could go either way from buying from an exchange the same it could go either way from mining. as far as paypal goes i would never accept paypal because paypal has it in the terms/conditions that they do not honor digital currency so someone could pay with paypal dispute the charges and get their money back essentially scamming whoever isnt smart enough to not accept paypal.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
somebody please tell me why someone would rent a rig for x btc when they could just buy more than they could mine from an exchange?  wouldn't this be more profitable if you accepted paypal for those that down already have btc to trade with?

Coins that aren't on exchanges yet.. etc..
Activity: 25
New features:
- mail notifications providers: when lease starts, 30min before lease expiration, when rig is disabled by the system)
- mail notifications customers: when lease starts, 30min before lease expiration, when lease is extended

Providers: make sure you configure contact email in admin panel to receive notifications.
Activity: 238
Who can provide me VTC mining rig at leaserig,please pm me with offers.
Activity: 181
Any advice on how I can calculate how many Vert coins I can mine at a certain difficulty ( btw where can I find the current difficulty ). And how does the hashrate translate from normal LTC mining, I've been told its about half. so when I calculate how many coins I can earn per day per Mh, would that be per standard LTC Mh, or the halved VTC mining Mh..

Any help would be appreciated.

I found out.. I finally found a pool that gives me statistics: http://livemining.com/vtc/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

Seems like ill be missing out on the Vertcoin gravy train for the next 36hrs Embarrassed , as my rigs are booked.. now Im seriously contemplating removing the 72hr and 48hr rental options..
Activity: 181
Any advice on how I can calculate how many Vert coins I can mine at a certain difficulty ( btw where can I find the current difficulty ). And how does the hashrate translate from normal LTC mining, I've been told its about half. so when I calculate how many coins I can earn per day per Mh, would that be per standard LTC Mh, or the halved VTC mining Mh..

Any help would be appreciated.
Pages:
Jump to: