Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LEASERIG.NET - rent&hire Quark hashing power! - page 31. (Read 106956 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520
For offering your rigs, yes.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Looks interesting, how much is the escrow?

Is the escrow for new users still required?
My rigs are showing up in the "for rent" list with the wrong price shown.

I have 2 rigs with identical price plans available. One is showing as 0.02/MHd, and one as 0.025/MHd. If you click on the "hire"link, the correct prices are shown, but as the availability list is sorted by price, the one with the wrong price quoted shows up a lot further down than it should.

Your prices are wrong, check zeros lol  Grin
Activity: 158
Merit: 39
Is the issue already resolved where when cgminer is restarted that the correct pool (the one of the customer) is connected to again? And also his/her backup pools?

Enable save command and will work.
FYI, for those using BAMT, the save call in the api will create a new cgminer.conf under /.cgminer/cgminer.conf  .
This is of course useless since BAMT starts cgminer pointed to /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf

A workaround is to schedule a job to check for updates to /.cgminer/cgminer.conf and overwrite /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf . This will restore your customers pools in the event that you need to reboot/power outage/etc. Unfortunately the cgminer.conf created is a bit over-complicated, and duplicates values for each of your GPUs, even if the values are the same for all of them... regardless it does work, and is the best for the customer.

Login to your BAMT box using ssh and perform the following:
sudo crontab -e
Add the following to the bottom of the crontab (This will check for updates every 5 minutes and only overwrite when changes are made)
Code:
*/5 * * * * cp -u /.cgminer/cgminer.conf /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf >/dev/null 2>&1
Exit (and save)

Also, please keep in mind that SMOS linux has a script that will periodically mine for the developers, thus robbing your customers of time. Use BAMT or SMOS bee edition, or manually remove the offending code.

I just wanted to say that I've noticed that some will save under /root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf instead of /.cgminer/cgminer.conf , so check and see which your distro is saving to.

What with litecoin bamt with sgminer? Question is: save makes file in /.sgminer/sgminer.conf, so with
Code:
Changed to
Code:
*/5 * * * * cp -u /.sgminer/sgminer.conf /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf >/dev/null 2>&1

It will save sgminer as cgminer? Or it will make sgminer.conf in /etc/bamt/ ?
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I am half way done with new feature. Everything is working very good for now. When this comes out, it is going to be a shocking feature  Shocked  Cool

Hmm, and who will benefit from it, leasers or renters (or both)? Why are you being so mysterious about it ... can you at least give as an more exact ETA on this feature availability?

I do not want to reveal anything before it is 100% complete and ready to be used. There are sooo many copy cats here (just check how many sites appeared after I announced idea of leasing rigs).

I decided to work on all ideas in private, develop them to fin stage and then simply release. And yes, I have one more planned, but no ETA on that because it does not depend on me only.

I am still sticking with your site because of features!! The only reason paying premium here..
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Miner and technician
My rigs are showing up in the "for rent" list with the wrong price shown.

I have 2 rigs with identical price plans available. One is showing as 0.02/MHd, and one as 0.025/MHd. If you click on the "hire"link, the correct prices are shown, but as the availability list is sorted by price, the one with the wrong price quoted shows up a lot further down than it should.
I am half way done with new feature. Everything is working very good for now. When this comes out, it is going to be a shocking feature  Shocked  Cool

Hmm, and who will benefit from it, leasers or renters (or both)? Why are you being so mysterious about it ... can you at least give as an more exact ETA on this feature availability?

I do not want to reveal anything before it is 100% complete and ready to be used. There are sooo many copy cats here (just check how many sites appeared after I announced idea of leasing rigs).

I decided to work on all ideas in private, develop them to fin stage and then simply release. And yes, I have one more planned, but no ETA on that because it does not depend on me only.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
BOUNTY OFFERED!

My eyes are crossing after reading all 50+ pages of the main lease rigs thread hunting for a solution to my dilemma.  i use SMOS 1.3 and am struggling to keep my renter's rigs on their pools and not switching back to my pools. 

I'm offering a tip to anyone who can walk me through it LIKE I'M A CHILD.  i mean, i'm not an idiot, but as we're talking about linux here, assume i am an idiot.  a complete idiot when it comes to linux.

that said, here's what i've got so far:

-IP and port forwarding working fine.
-permission to my cgminer API working fine, i think, using these entries in my cgconfig:
"api-allow" : "L:89.212.242.33,W:127.0.0.1",
"api-groups" : "L:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:*"

-when i run the new TEST recently added to the HOW-TO guide, Verify your work (if all is properly configured) by visiting following URL from rig PC (must be same PC!):

http://leaserig.net/rigtest.jsp?port=7777
(replace 7777 with port of your choice)

i get this response...

Testing command "summary"... result:
STATUS=S,When=1391714647,Code=11,Msg=Summary,Description=cgminer 3.7.2|SUMMARY,Elapsed=47225,MHS av=2.60,MHS 5s=2.63,Found Blocks=12,Getworks=3158,Accepted=1783,Rejected=43,Hardware Errors=0,Utility=2.27,Discarded=3124,Stale=0,Get Failures=0,Local Work=26467,Remote Failures=0,Network Blocks=2136,Total MH=122711.1793,Work Utility=2369.14,Difficulty Accepted=1825792.00000000,Difficulty Rejected=44032.00000000,Difficulty Stale=0.00000000,Best Share=743051,Device Hardware%=0.0000,Device Rejected%=2.3614,Pool Rejected%=2.3549,Pool Stale%=0.0000|

Testing command "save"... result:
STATUS=S,When=1391714647,Code=44,Msg=Configuration saved to file '//.cgminer/cgminer.conf',Description=cgminer 3.7.2|

Notice the path where the file is saved... this represents a problem described elsewhere in the HOW-TO... so i SSH'ed into the machine and added this as a CRON job...

my cgconfig file contains my primary and backup pools.  if i remove them, i can't start cgminer as it complains that there are no pools defined.  i find it odd that i also can define my primary and backup pools on the leaserig.net administration page.  i don't understand why i have to repeat the same steps in both places.  if leaserig can force a renter's pool onto my rig via the API, why can't it force my own pool to my rig when a rental is not taking place? 

anyways....

From all of these steps, i THINK my rigs should successfully save the pool info into my local cgconfig when a rental starts, and remove it when it ends.  It might actually  be working, but i'm reluctant to test much because all my rigs are rented for 72 hours.  i made most of these changes during the current rental, so i may have done so too late.  regardless, my rigs are currently NOT remaining on my renter's pools.  If they reboot or if the renters pool is momentarily inaccessible, my rigs will flip to my pools and never return.  Ive resorted to manually specifying my renter's pools in my local cgconfig.  i'll have to manually remove them at the end of the rental.

I'm looking for someone to work directly with me to ensure that i've set this up correctly.  you have to be running SMOS 1.3 for this to apply to you - if you have windows or another build of linux, the path to CGMINER.conf may be different.

my rigs are rented until late tonight, so i won't be making any changes until tomorrow morning, say 10am Eastern Standard Time.  ideally, i'd like to work with someone at about that time.

i can share my screen with you via join.me, where you can then ssh into my rig with my cooperation.  i need to learn how to resolve this for myself to repeat on my other rigs.
Activity: 457
Merit: 273

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Yep, new feature is coming; big one. Let's hope I can finish it today. And yes, there is very high demand, just prices are a bit too high, all rigs would be sold out if providers offered for a bit lower price.

Aye, prices way too high.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
Can someone light me up!
why would I pay 0.0440BTC for a mining rig with 2.1MH/s when my outcome after 24h will be 0.00000040BTC?

Exactly this, not worth it.

Well you should know that when you are mining for coins that are not yet on exchanges, then you are taking a gamble.. instead of this:

0.0440BTC for a mining rig with 2.1MH/s for an outcome after 24h of 0.00000040BTC

it could very well be this..

0.0440BTC for a mining rig with 2.1MH/s for an outcome after 24h of 0.2BTC

it is always a gamble when investing time and money in fresh new crypto's, that should be understood. if you want stability mine LTC, or some other multipool on your own rig..
Activity: 30
Can someone light me up!
why would I pay 0.0440BTC for a mining rig with 2.1MH/s when my outcome after 24h will be 0.00000040BTC?

Exactly this, not worth it.
Djezo, another quick suggestion, should be easy enough, how about adding a time stamp to when the last rig was rented for, so on the top of the page instead of just telling how much the last rig was rented for you could also tell at what time it was rented

Last scrypt mining rig was rented for 0.02013699 BTC/MH/day on 2/6/2014 @ 8:30am for example...

Lets us know what kind of current demand there is..

The current demand will shortly be seen very good, so this feature is not needed.

What do you mean by "the current demand will shortly be seen very good" , does that mean you're telling me the demand is good, or that you will be implementing some other type of feature for the website so that we can determine current demand?

Yep, new feature is coming; big one. Let's hope I can finish it today. And yes, there is very high demand, just prices are a bit too high, all rigs would be sold out if providers offered for a bit lower price.
Djezo, another quick suggestion, should be easy enough, how about adding a time stamp to when the last rig was rented for, so on the top of the page instead of just telling how much the last rig was rented for you could also tell at what time it was rented

Last scrypt mining rig was rented for 0.02013699 BTC/MH/day on 2/6/2014 @ 8:30am for example...

The current demand will shortly be seen very good, so this feature is not needed.

What do you mean by "the current demand will shortly be seen very good" , does that mean you're telling me the demand is good, or that you will be implementing some other type of feature for the website so that we can determine current demand?

Activity: 158
Merit: 39
serje... u can always make your own rig, outcome is diffrent with diffrent coins
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
Can someone light me up!
Activity: 24
Is the issue already resolved where when cgminer is restarted that the correct pool (the one of the customer) is connected to again? And also his/her backup pools?

Enable save command and will work.
FYI, for those using BAMT, the save call in the api will create a new cgminer.conf under /.cgminer/cgminer.conf  .
This is of course useless since BAMT starts cgminer pointed to /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf

A workaround is to schedule a job to check for updates to /.cgminer/cgminer.conf and overwrite /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf . This will restore your customers pools in the event that you need to reboot/power outage/etc. Unfortunately the cgminer.conf created is a bit over-complicated, and duplicates values for each of your GPUs, even if the values are the same for all of them... regardless it does work, and is the best for the customer.

Login to your BAMT box using ssh and perform the following:
sudo crontab -e
Add the following to the bottom of the crontab (This will check for updates every 5 minutes and only overwrite when changes are made)
Code:
Exit (and save)

Also, please keep in mind that SMOS linux has a script that will periodically mine for the developers, thus robbing your customers of time. Use BAMT or SMOS bee edition, or manually remove the offending code.

I just wanted to say that I've noticed that some will save under /root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf instead of /.cgminer/cgminer.conf , so check and see which your distro is saving to.
Pages:
Jump to: