Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN - LEOcoin - Official announcement regarding LEOcoin from LEOcoin Foundation - page 79. (Read 88341 times)

Activity: 440
Merit: 100
Roobet
So you will have always clean ass, that is good. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
@all

Thank you for all your replies. I admit that as LEOcoin Foundation we do not think that LEOcoin is a scam, but it remains unclear to me, how an algorithm could be a scam anyway. And it is - obviously - easier to scam a company, a coin or a person, as to create, support and develop a cryptocurrency into adulthood and world wide acceptance and use. Yet, it is those last things we are after. In this regard I have a few short remarks:

First I wish to point out, that this thread is about LEOcoin, the cryptocurrency that can be mined, purchased and sold on the internet without needing any company, product or registration with an official body.

Second, the task of the LEOcoin Foundation is to support the development of LEOcoin and other legitimate digital currencies. As such, representants of the LEOcoin Foundation have been speaking with members of the British Government, US Congress and local policy makers too, like e.g. the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson MP, Chairman of UK Committee on Financial Technology, Adam Afriyie MP, or last week Congressman Steve Stockman, from Texas and Congressman Mick Mulvaney from South Carolina in the Capitol buildings of Washington DC.

In the near future, I will make a list of meetings, symposiums and publications concerning LEOcoin, that we as LEOcoin Foundation hold relevant for the cryptocurrency community.

Third, the LEOcoin Foundation, who currently holds at least 10 million LEOcoins is not actively trading LEOcoin on any exchange, nor do we wish to do so. As on any exchange where trading takes place, people agree about the price of the commodity, but not on its value. This said, I would like to add a personal remark: in my view, LEOcoin is currently undervalued.

Fourth, LEOcoin aspires to be a cryptocurrency for entrepreneurs. Miners, who build rigs, write config files and trade their rewards in order to pay their energy costs are also entrepreneurs who act and make decisions to improve their life. Building something up takes time and is best done together. Anyone is free to join the LEOcoin community, or not.

it is not about the algorithm, it is about being a copy-paste altcoin, it is about what's new that you brought on the table..all coins without innovations are scams. this is software not soap

and what will the leocoin foundation gonna talk about with these politicians?

entrepreneurs? i can't speak for them...but i can speculate-> they want a the most innovative coin out there, and with the innovation comes adoption.(leocoin doesn't have both)

unless people want MLM , pyramiding on a coin  Grin (and call them entrepreneurs  Grin)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
@all

Thank you for all your replies. I admit that as LEOcoin Foundation we do not think that LEOcoin is a scam, but it remains unclear to me, how an algorithm could be a scam anyway. And it is - obviously - easier to scam a company, a coin or a person, as to create, support and develop a cryptocurrency into adulthood and world wide acceptance and use. Yet, it is those last things we are after. In this regard I have a few short remarks:

First I wish to point out, that this thread is about LEOcoin, the cryptocurrency that can be mined, purchased and sold on the internet without needing any company, product or registration with an official body.

Second, the task of the LEOcoin Foundation is to support the development of LEOcoin and other legitimate digital currencies. As such, representants of the LEOcoin Foundation have been speaking with members of the British Government, US Congress and local policy makers too, like e.g. the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson MP, Chairman of UK Committee on Financial Technology, Adam Afriyie MP, or last week Congressman Steve Stockman, from Texas and Congressman Mick Mulvaney from South Carolina in the Capitol buildings of Washington DC.

In the near future, I will make a list of meetings, symposiums and publications concerning LEOcoin, that we as LEOcoin Foundation hold relevant for the cryptocurrency community.

Third, the LEOcoin Foundation, who currently holds at least 10 million LEOcoins is not actively trading LEOcoin on any exchange, nor do we wish to do so. As on any exchange where trading takes place, people agree about the price of the commodity, but not on its value. This said, I would like to add a personal remark: in my view, LEOcoin is currently undervalued.

Fourth, LEOcoin aspires to be a cryptocurrency for entrepreneurs. Miners, who build rigs, write config files and trade their rewards in order to pay their energy costs are also entrepreneurs who act and make decisions to improve their life. Building something up takes time and is best done together. Anyone is free to join the LEOcoin community, or not.

Roobet

I think there you can see on Marketcap about mined coins. But if you will read carefully OP you will noticed that 50M  (5%)coins was premined and 10M coins is now in posession of LEOcoin Fundation for developing and promoting coin.
As i can remember for example MTC - Marine coin was prmined 97% and much other coins was premined more then 5% and later dumped on exchange from Dev.
Is coin which you can mine and sell on public exchnage scam or company who develop coin? Coin is public, you can mine, sell and i hope in future we will have websites where you will be able to pay with LEOcoin.
There are other coins on market which i would call scam..... Onecoin, Mcoin also MLM piramide sheme, without pools, without public exchange, you need to buy pay for some packages and you get coins in backoffice. That is for me scam not LEOcoin which you can mine if you want and noone force you to joijn MLM of company if you dont want.
legendary
So you will have always clean ass, that is good. Smiley

you seem acquainted already to this leocoin MLM...

what is this company up to? any roadmap for development?

what set this coin apart from other coins?
legendary
50 million premine and so far 15.7 million coins were mined in ~785k blocks.

It's clear that it's not meant for crypto-savvy people but I'm still curious what will happen to this coin. I suspect the company behind it can and probably will push the price back up where it was months ago, maybe even push it to an ATH to pull more people in.

leaving crypto-savvy people behind..and looking from the eyes of non crypto-savvy it is just a coin with a company..

so what is this company? what did they produce? coins?(premined? haha  Grin)....all money goes to marketing and no development.

this is software not soap. with a soap pyramiding scheme, at least you can wash your ass clean.

I think there you can see on Marketcap about mined coins. But if you will read carefully OP you will noticed that 50M  (5%)coins was premined and 10M coins is now in posession of LEOcoin Fundation for developing and promoting coin.
As i can remember for example MTC - Marine coin was prmined 97% and much other coins was premined more then 5% and later dumped on exchange from Dev.
Is coin which you can mine and sell on public exchnage scam or company who develop coin? Coin is public, you can mine, sell and i hope in future we will have websites where you will be able to pay with LEOcoin.
There are other coins on market which i would call scam..... Onecoin, Mcoin also MLM piramide sheme, without pools, without public exchange, you need to buy pay for some packages and you get coins in backoffice. That is for me scam not LEOcoin which you can mine if you want and noone force you to joijn MLM of company if you dont want.

of course you can compare it to other scam coins which are worse..but a scam is still a scam..

so if you can mine a coin it is not a scam? LOL

of course no one forces anyone to join MLM of company but i can warn noobs that this is bad for them and noobs doesn't even know what a premine is.

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
leo exchange is what leo pyramiders shows to people, any hint about the premine there? coz the leocoin group that I talked to don't know that ...and marketcap is 7.7M euro ...it fuels the greed of noobs and get exploited haha

anyway..if it is backed by a company corporation..what is the status of leocoin development? what did you developed? innovations? this wasn't even the first scrypt-jane coin.

https://github.com/Leocoin-project/LEOcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1031
int64 GetProofOfWorkReward( int nHeight, uint256 prevHash)
{

// LEOcoin block size.
        int64 nSubsidy = 20 * COIN;
        if(nHeight < 10)   
        {
                nSubsidy = 0.1 * COIN;      
        }
        else if(nHeight >= 11 && nHeight < 61)
        {
                nSubsidy = 1000000 * COIN;
        }   
    return nSubsidy;
}

50 million premine and so far 15.7 million coins were mined in ~785k blocks.

It's clear that it's not meant for crypto-savvy people but I'm still curious what will happen to this coin. I suspect the company behind it can and probably will push the price back up where it was months ago, maybe even push it to an ATH to pull more people in.
legendary

P.S. the leocoin people i've met doesn't even know bitcointalk

This is a good sign as these forums are a niche at best and not remotely representative of the real world.

yes..we are still few, but it is also shows that people are into pyramiding without enough knowledge in crypto currencies...these people is what leocoin is exploiting..and when i asked the leocoin people i've met they told me there is no premine, but leocoin is significantly premined.

Hi, I've done some more searching and I can't find anywhere evidence of what you're saying. Look at coinmarketcap there's no hidden thing about any premine. Not sure you're thinking about the right coin.

coinmarketcap

https://www.leoxchange.com/

leo exchange is what leo pyramiders shows to people, any hint about the premine there? coz the leocoin group that I talked to don't know that ...and marketcap is 7.7M euro ...it fuels the greed of noobs and get exploited haha

anyway..if it is backed by a company corporation..what is the status of leocoin development? what did you developed? innovations? this wasn't even the first scrypt-jane coin.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Lol GTFO with your pyramid scheme. Once the SEC gets wind of this it will be your asses.

You know a direct selling company isn't the same thing as a pyramid scheme? There are lots of normal direct selling companies out there. I've had family who worked with Avon and lots of big companies and they're all registered.

Seems you just don't like the coin, but cant give any evidence that there is a scam happening. Who is being scammed and how?
Roobet
Lol GTFO with your pyramid scheme. Once the SEC gets wind of this it will be your asses.
Did someone ask you to join MLM and buy something here? I think this tread is about coin not MLM what dont have nothing to do with coin.
How many coin did you have here from shitty developer who run away after some time and leave coin to die? In this time they already make another coin to fuck up miners?
That is not scam? Empty promises from shitty developer? Buying coins in IPO and promise them huge profit? That is even worse then MLM.
LEO corporate work with MLM and sell products, but that dont have nothing to do with coin. You have pools, you can mine coin. You have exchange and you can sell coin. Noone force you to buy products from company. Or??
And believe me i know couple of guys who do MLM on Interent and they earn huge money with that. Not for LEO corporate, but some other companies. If you never try you cant spread lies here.
I mine coin and i dont give shit about LEO corporate or thier MLM. But i know that Coin have chances to success, becuase if he didint die till now he will not, becuase now finaly somone will do something about LEOcoin.
I hope and believe price will also raise in 2016.
About promising price 5$ for coin??? Hmm... if i remember november 2013 when Bitcoin had price $1200, they was also promising $3000+ till end of the year. So now we all should call Bitcoin scam? Because price was not reached? Dont think so. When you start mining one coin you always hope price will raise so you can make some profit of it right?
This why i mine LEO because i know developer will not run away tomorrow and let coin die.
Good post LEOcoin Fundation and keep working on coin and inform us about news.

This is a good sign as these forums are a niche at best and not remotely representative of the real world.

yes..we are still few, but it is also shows that people are into pyramiding without enough knowledge in crypto currencies...these people is what leocoin is exploiting..and when i asked the leocoin people i've met they told me there is no premine, but leocoin is significantly premined.

Hi, I've done some more searching and I can't find anywhere evidence of what you're saying. Look at coinmarketcap there's no hidden thing about any premine. Not sure you're thinking about the right coin.
legendary

Activity: 154
i can't believe this scamcoin is still fucking active. I've heard outrageous shit about LEOcoin CEO meeting up with the UK prime minister, lol.
Activity: 910
Merit: 503
And again LOL @ these paid shill accounts. Wake up broskis it's almost 2016, no one here buys into your lies anymore.
Activity: 910
Merit: 503
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
What are the future plans of LEO to prevent further price degradation? As usual the project started out to be pretty optimistic but since September LEO is diving hard to the point that now is pretty much worthless and the trend seem to continue.
Granted, not many people around here knew about LEO up until a multipool added it and it's not on any of the usual and trusted exchanges but still, are there anything worthwhile planned in the future for this coin or is it just a futile last ditch effort to pump the price?

One of the reasons I liked LEOcoin is that there is a company behind it and a Foundation that supports it, and I don't think that they will let it go. I see the company is pushing new plans for 2016, and LEOcoin might be part of these, but they're not some random people on the internet, you can see who they are and what they're doing and if you're on the exchange, you get news and updates about what's going on. Right now, mining is quite tough, but price seems to be quite stable now.

Now that's a sock puppet account if I ever seen one. Anyway, you're going to get ripped apart on forums like this for such obviously false statements. Just in the last 24 hours LEO is down by 22.6%.
And of course the market cap figure is also not reflecting reality because it takes into account the total supply and not the currently available supply. But then again, market cap in crypto is a completely useless number.

Most people hate cryptos with a company behind them exactly because there's a company behind them. It's a form of centralization which doesn't sit well with cryptocurrencies in general.
What are the future plans of LEO to prevent further price degradation? As usual the project started out to be pretty optimistic but since September LEO is diving hard to the point that now is pretty much worthless and the trend seem to continue.
Granted, not many people around here knew about LEO up until a multipool added it and it's not on any of the usual and trusted exchanges but still, are there anything worthwhile planned in the future for this coin or is it just a futile last ditch effort to pump the price?

One of the reasons I liked LEOcoin is that there is a company behind it and a Foundation that supports it, and I don't think that they will let it go. I see the company is pushing new plans for 2016, and LEOcoin might be part of these, but they're not some random people on the internet, you can see who they are and what they're doing and if you're on the exchange, you get news and updates about what's going on. Right now, mining is quite tough, but price seems to be quite stable now.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Well from me experience i mined leocoin when nfactor was 14 and i was pretty pleased with it and the price was very good.
Now the price is very low and cpu is almost dominated over gpu.
Activity: 185

Hi - I have an interest here as I have mined LEOcoin and use LEOcoin and I've also met some of the people behind LEOcoin and LEO and I just wanted to post my experiences because there's a lot of negativity in this post that isn't true.

I'm not a poster on this forum but have been reading it and lurking for a while. On those news articles, reading them I see that the journalists just don't understand the direct selling industry. LEO absolutely is a direct selling company and is very proud of that, they have some memberships with the direct selling regulator and in the country that I live in I know they are going through the registration process (it takes a long time and you have to do it one country at a time). But they're not a pyramid scheme because they wouldn't be registered with the regulators if they were. I don't have details but sure the LEOcoin Foundation poster can help.

On the $5 floor - I've searched for it and can't find anywhere where the company said that it guaranteed $5. I remember some scamcoins have done this, but I can't remember LEOcoin doing this - do you have a link?

Also the guys who I have met from LEO and LEOcoin all seem fine people, if this is scam I don't see how they are scamming people? Price is low right now, there has been no pump and dump, if this is a scam who's making money out of it?

Just wanted to post this so that there was some balance to the negative posting. Also, looking at http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/market-cap-by-total-supply/ - if you ignore the non-mineable coins, then LEOcoin is quite high up there.

Pages:
Jump to: