Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace - page 35. (Read 125864 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006
When there is an offer sent to me to an ad I had placed, I don't learn of it until some time has passed as I don't check e-mail as frequently as is needed for this.

I was thinking I should change my e-mail address for LocalBitcoins the e-mail gateway for my mobile service, but then I would not have the link for the offer in my e-mail as well.  

Preferably, what I would like is both a text message alert whenever a new offer is received (or for additional messages from the person making the offer) as well as the existing e-mail.  

Because I use GMail, I can add a "filter" and have the messages from "[email protected]" forwarded to my mobile SMS/text messaging number, but it think this secondary notification via text messaging would be a a nice feature if built into localbitcoins itself.

Would you consider either adding a checkbox to have notifications sent to my SMS number for my LocalBitcoins.com account?   (And then format the SMS alert respectful of the 140 char limit).

Or if not, how about providing the ability for me to add multiple e-mail addresses for notifications and I'll simply add my SMS / text messaging gateway number:
 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways

Thanks for the idea, we'll do this.

Edit: I've been promising lots of features recently, and they are coming, just slowly Smiley We are currently little under-resourced, and we are trying to solve that problem as well.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Now more SMS numbers added, and all the numbers are listed in the contact page. In case the main number doesn't work, you can try others.

Our new gateway is nexmo, which focuses solely on SMS messages, therefore it should be more reliable than twilio.

When there is an offer sent to me in response to an ad I had placed, I don't learn of it until some time has passed as I don't check e-mail as frequently as is needed for this.

I was thinking I should change my e-mail address for LocalBitcoins to the e-mail gateway for my mobile service, but then I would not have the link for the offer in my e-mail as well.  

Preferably, what I would like is both a text message alert whenever a new offer is received (or for additional messages from the person making the offer) as well as the existing e-mail.  

Because I use GMail, I can add a "filter" and have the messages from "[email protected]" forwarded to my mobile SMS/text messaging number, but I think this secondary notification via text messaging would be a a nice feature if built into localbitcoins itself.

Would you consider either adding a checkbox to have notifications sent to my SMS number for my LocalBitcoins.com account?   (And then format the SMS alert respectful of the 140 char limit).

Or if not, how about providing the ability for me to add multiple e-mail addresses for notifications and I'll simply add my SMS / text messaging gateway number:
 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Donate to your favourite charity, bitcoin foundation, or use the money to promote bitcoin some other way Smiley

Ok, will do! Thanks for being awesome!
There is already min/max functions, the only limit is that they work only with two parameters. So you have to nest them if you want to use multiple parameters. For example:

min(min(mtgoxUSD, bitfloorUSD), bitstampUSD)

That's awesome, I didn't see that documented anywhere.

Is 14B8Zb94ypK7R11UV1RAojJkeSmpCHZfKJ still your donation address? I'd like to show my appreciation for your service.

Thanks, that address still works. However we have decided not to actively collect donations, we try to be a business, not a charity Smiley Donate to your favourite charity, bitcoin foundation, or use the money to promote bitcoin some other way Smiley
There is already min/max functions, the only limit is that they work only with two parameters. So you have to nest them if you want to use multiple parameters. For example:

That's awesome, I didn't see that documented anywhere.

Is 14B8Zb94ypK7R11UV1RAojJkeSmpCHZfKJ still your donation address? I'd like to show my appreciation for your service.
I know I've bugged you a bit with feature requests, but I thought of another that would be nice.

When creating a custom dynamic price, it would be nice to have min() and max() functions. For instance, if I'm selling I might want to sell at USD_24h or mtgoxUSD_ask, whichever is higher.

Is 14B8Zb94ypK7R11UV1RAojJkeSmpCHZfKJ still your donation address? I don't see it on the site anymore.

I know I've bugged you a bit with feature requests, but I thought of another that would be nice.

When creating a custom dynamic price, it would be nice to have min() and max() functions. For instance, if I'm selling I might want to sell at USD_24h or mtgoxUSD_ask, whichever is higher.

Is 14B8Zb94ypK7R11UV1RAojJkeSmpCHZfKJ still your donation address? I don't see it on the site anymore.
ah, i thought there was a way to leave publicly visible feedback.

Currently that is available only if the transaction feature is used. However we are doing some re-designing.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
how can i even finish a deal, let alone leave feedback?

Hi, what kind of deal are you doing? If it is contact-only, there should be "cancel deal" button, which will soon be renamed to "close contact". There is no option for feedback in this kind of contacts - it is just messaging method between users.

We are currently doing some changes to the system, sorry for the slow updates.

ah, i thought there was a way to leave publicly visible feedback.

Hi, what kind of deal are you doing? If it is contact-only, there should be "cancel deal" button, which will soon be renamed to "close contact". There is no option for feedback in this kind of contacts - it is just messaging method between users.

We are currently doing some changes to the system, sorry for the slow updates.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
Now more SMS numbers added, and all the numbers are listed in the contact page. In case the main number doesn't work, you can try others.

Our new gateway is nexmo, which focuses solely on SMS messages, therefore it should be more reliable than twilio.
Our SMS service provider twilio, for some reason, has stopped receiving incoming SMS's altogether this weekend. We are looking for alternate provider ASAP.

The situation seemed better last weekend, when SMS messages were transfering nicely. However now it seems that twilio is not very robust. Won't recommend it.

(Btw, someone could implement semi-distributed SMS gateway, payable with bitcoin).
Emails were not transfering properly due to a minor misconfiguration in email sending. Sorry about that. Make sure you check your localbitcoins.com account in case of missed trades.

One new feature you have probably noticed: you can now reply to your contacts directly by email, no need to login to localbitcoins. However the feature is somewhat experimental - don't count on it too much.

I had the system swallow a few responses using this. I think it is because I trimmed the email conversation, but I'm not really certain. It's really better to just use the website.

Yeah, the system trims everything after "----" . I didn't realize that people answer to mails after the quote. Will fix this.

kangasbros,

this morning, 0800 UTC+1, I sent a SMS to release some funds for deal #4388.

The release code was: REL FFW9NKN3DW and I sent it from an Italian cellular number.

At 0840 more or less I was in my office and I had not yet received the confirmation I (and the buyer) was expecting.

So I loggend into localbitcoins and released the bitcoins by hand.

As soon as I clicked "release" I received a SMS back confirming that the deal was concluded.

I'd like to know if my SMS was ever received by localbitcoins (I can tell you my cellular number in a PM) and/or how long does it take on average to get back a confirmation.

Thanks a lot.

spiccioli.

Thanks for reporting this. Our system uses twilio, and it seems that they are not processing SMS messages from all operators. This definitely sucks hard. We will research the case and see what we can do. Probably we will try to get some additional numbers from somewhere, but for now it is not recommended to use the SMS service in Italy.
Activity: 588
firstbits.com/1kznfw
Emails were not transfering properly due to a minor misconfiguration in email sending. Sorry about that. Make sure you check your localbitcoins.com account in case of missed trades.

One new feature you have probably noticed: you can now reply to your contacts directly by email, no need to login to localbitcoins. However the feature is somewhat experimental - don't count on it too much.

I had the system swallow a few responses using this. I think it is because I trimmed the email conversation, but I'm not really certain. It's really better to just use the website.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
kangasbros,

this morning, 0800 UTC+1, I sent a SMS to release some funds for deal #4388.

The release code was: REL FFW9NKN3DW and I sent it from an Italian cellular number.

At 0840 more or less I was in my office and I had not yet received the confirmation I (and the buyer) was expecting.

So I loggend into localbitcoins and released the bitcoins by hand.

As soon as I clicked "release" I received a SMS back confirming that the deal was concluded.

I'd like to know if my SMS was ever received by localbitcoins (I can tell you my cellular number in a PM) and/or how long does it take on average to get back a confirmation.

Thanks a lot.

spiccioli.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
Make sure that the receiver understands what he is doing. Smiley

Of course it would be nice if the trader can provide the handholding sometimes necessary with a new user, that isn't a service that should be expected from every trader.  The margins on the trade don't pay for much additional time spent for training or for chit-chat.

The traders that do help the customers though will be rewarded with repeat business from those same customers and gain a residual boost through word of mouth promotion.

+1 Stephen, personal experience taught me that

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

Of course it would be nice if the trader can provide the handholding sometimes necessary with a new user, that isn't a service that should be expected from every trader.  The margins on the trade don't pay for much additional time spent for training or for chit-chat.

The traders that do help the customers though will be rewarded with repeat business from those same customers and gain a residual boost through word of mouth promotion.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

By the way, I think, some education effort would be to a benefit of the Bitcoin community.
Pages:
Jump to: