Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace - page 37. (Read 125864 times)

Activity: 675
Merit: 502
I want to register my otc account with LocalBitcoins, but my OTC account was done with GPG and not a Bitcoin signature. Is it possible to regster my OTC account? I've tried submitting my GPG signature and it doesn't seem to work.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1006
Other than that, we will keep developing the site further and making it easier (and safer) to use.

I'm noticing the number of countries and cities increase.

Can you provide an updated total of active traders?  Maybe broken down as total (buying), total (selling) and total (buying and selling) (which would be less as a person that both buys and sells shouldn't be counted twice)

and put expiration date like 60 days Smiley

This we will put pretty soon. However on the statistics side I won't invest any resources there, since making the site better otherwise is on much higher priority IMHO.

Sorry for the slow updates. We are kind of overworked right now, but I still believe in the sites future and plan to continue developing it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Other than that, we will keep developing the site further and making it easier (and safer) to use.

Can you provide an updated total of active traders?  Maybe broken down as total (buying), total (selling) and total (buying and selling) (which would be less as a person that both buys and sells shouldn't be counted twice)

and put expiration date like 60 days Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

Activity: 756
How can we get to organize the list of buy or sell orders by price or distance

usually have a click at the top of a column to organize...
We got that reports of scams from user "kickerbat".

Please keep in mind:

- LocalBitcoins.com is meant for local cash transactions, not western union/paypal/bank transfer etc deals.
- If someone suggests that you send the money using these methods, it might be a scam
- Look at the price. People usually don't give money for free. Sometimes there might be bulk sellers, who want to get rid of lots of bitcoins, but that is pretty rare.
- In case you are doing this kind of deal, look at the ratings/profile.

Other than that, we will keep developing the site further and making it easier (and safer) to use. Thanks for the users, and for all the feedback/suggestions.
Activity: 588
firstbits.com/1kznfw
Great site, I love it Smiley

Yeah, I had my first successful trade a few weeks ago. It's actually nice to sit and chat with other people who know about our crazy world.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Great site, I love it Smiley
Heya all.

I tried the "Download PDF flyer" feature today. It looks good but there is one issue: Accented Greek letters and the letter sigma (the lower case one in word-final position) don't appear correctly inside the PDF.

Other than that, congrats kangasbros once again for the nice service Smiley

Thanks for the bug report, added to the TODO list Smiley

I'm a little bit overworked right now, but I'm pretty sure I'll manage to push out more new features next week.

And also for those willing to look for "good deals", check out this feature: https://localbitcoins.com/advanced_search
Activity: 250
Merit: 250
Heya all.

I tried the "Download PDF flyer" feature today. It looks good but there is one issue: Accented Greek letters and the letter sigma (the lower case one in word-final position) don't appear correctly inside the PDF.

Other than that, congrats kangasbros once again for the nice service Smiley
donator
Activity: 490
I have only used this service once or twice, but it worked out well and I am a big fan of what it is here to accomplish.  Well done.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
I see it as a fee to get me together with potential traders. To build up my decentralized net of traders so to say. If I wanted to trade quickly I would put them all BCC and ask, who wants to trade.

GroupMe lets you have a group that an individual can opt-in and opt-out for receiving messages.  As a mobile app or just straight SMS text.
 - https://groupme.com

I've used it before and was thinking it would be perfect for a local group of Bitcoiners who trade.

Thanks for the tip but BCC-mailing my contacts is fine for now. groupme.com requires all to either install the service and/or register + SMS fees.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
I see it as a fee to get me together with potential traders. To build up my decentralized net of traders so to say. If I wanted to trade quickly I would put them all BCC and ask, who wants to trade.

GroupMe lets you have a group that an individual can opt-in and opt-out for receiving messages.  As a mobile app or just straight SMS text.
 - https://groupme.com

I've used it before and was thinking it would be perfect for a local group of Bitcoiners who trade.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
Nevertheless I think 0.5% fee is enough (than 1% fee now). If I'm trading with a real crook, oneself has to find a solution, you can not and will not help (money is given, but escrow not released, for example). This escrow mechanism is very helpful, but not scam proof.

I think there is no easy solution if the scammer is going to scam you on the spot, eg. run with the cash. This can happen with any traditional trade, not just with bitcoins. The thing is, that the buyer has to understand the system (request the verify code) before he hands out the cash, and he should be safe. Of course the scam can happen other way as well, the seller releases the transaction and the buyer runs after that without giving the money. If you fear this kind of robbery, then probably local trading isn't for you. I myself feel pretty confident doing the trades IRL, but I understand that it is not for everyone.

We will look at the fee policy.

I agree 1% is crispy for an exchange that never handles fiat at all. On the other hand as long as you don't intervene when I do follow up trades with the same person totally out of bands (I so far always traded more when meeting in person than the deal was about on localbitcoins and bitcoinary), I see it as a fee to get me together with potential traders. To build up my decentralized net of traders so to say. If I wanted to trade quickly I would put them all BCC and ask, who wants to trade. This mail should just not contain too much blabla so they consider it spam and regret having done business with me after all.
Activity: 899
Merit: 1002
I like these sites, would rather just meet somebody a block away and pay them cash than meddling with passport scans and waiting 3 days for bank transfers
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
I think there is no easy solution if the scammer is going to scam you on the spot, eg. run with the cash. This can happen with any traditional trade, not just with bitcoins. The thing is, that the buyer has to understand the system (request the verify code) before he hands out the cash, and he should be safe. Of course the scam can happen other way as well, the seller releases the transaction and the buyer runs after that without giving the money. If you fear this kind of robbery, then probably local trading isn't for you. I myself feel pretty confident doing the trades IRL, but I understand that it is not for everyone.

I will use your trading platform, it's fine. I know the risks, and I can cover them. These are simply other risks than on traditional trading platforms, Intersango for example. What I want to say, these risks have to be treated by oneself, you cannot do anything if there is trouble between the traders.
legendary
Activity: 966
hi kangasbros,

please check your postfix configuration for email sending.
your verification email is rejected by my mail server with the following log entry.

Sep  2 20:23:05 hermes postfix/smtpd[20972]: 9534E4E983: reject: RCPT from static.147.88.47.78.clients.your-server.de[78.47.88.147]: 504 : Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=
greedings
pazor
The main page says:
ZIP/locationGE
The map shows the correct country.

If I click on ", Georgia" (after "Location"), the page says: "404 - URL not found".

If I enter my postal code in place of "ZIP/location" and click "Change", the map shows incorrect country (USA).

Thanks for reporting, will fix ASAP.
Nevertheless I think 0.5% fee is enough (than 1% fee now). If I'm trading with a real crook, oneself has to find a solution, you can not and will not help (money is given, but escrow not released, for example). This escrow mechanism is very helpful, but not scam proof.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Nice marketplace, made entries for Hannover and Heilbronn in Germany now. Some bugs vanished in the past few weeks. I tried with escrow/transaction and with smartphone with internet connection. Internet is really a hassle, escrow/transaction works very fast and well.

Trading platforms take around 0.5% fee, and they have a lot of trouble with customers and the banking system and e-trading platforms, that you never will have.
Pages:
Jump to: