Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace - page 38. (Read 125864 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
The main page says:
ZIP/locationGE
The map shows the correct country.

If I click on ", Georgia" (after "Location"), the page says: "404 - URL not found".

If I enter my postal code in place of "ZIP/location" and click "Change", the map shows incorrect country (USA).
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001
Thats too bad. I just wanted to give a feedback to a user.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1006
Frage: Wie kann ich Feedback geben ohne otc?

Currently you can give feedback only on trades which use the localbitcoins transaction feature, after the transaction has been released.

There will be some changes coming to the reputation system later on, we just haven't figured the best way to do the reputation system yet.

Trying to practice my limited German: Du kann Feedback nur mit localbitcoins transaction Feature geben (und mit OTC).
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001
Frage: Wie kann ich Feedback geben ohne otc?
Some guy tried to buy bitcoins from me with paypal "ASAP" on localbitcoins. Please note that people who are trying to buy bitcoins with paypal are obvious scammers, especially on sites like localbitcoins which is clearly meant for cash transactions.

I will soon try to add feature which allows blocking/reporting this kind of users.
Some minor improvements:

- UI should be much cleaner (edit etc)
- You can resend the email validation if you missed the original from the profile
- Reputation displayed in the listings

Site is going to mainteinance mode for maybe 1-2 weeks, because my partner found a real job and I need to focus on my other bitcoin projects. After that I have some additional features planned. Bug reports, feedback and comments are still very welcome, of course.

what does maintenance mode mean for users like us? site frozen or no more updates for a while

No new features, only bug fixes & customer support. So everything will be normal.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Some minor improvements:

- You can resend the email validation if you missed the original from the profile

Site is going to mainteinance mode for maybe 1-2 weeks, because my partner found a real job and I need to focus on my other bitcoin projects. After that I have some additional features planned. Bug reports, feedback and comments are still very welcome, of course.

what does maintenance mode mean for users like us? site frozen or no more updates for a while
Some minor improvements:

countries where the zip code/address system is a little broken Smiley Nice you consider it broken when it does not work the same like where you live but I was also surprised to find out that Chile has no zip codes.

I meant like broken for our site, not for the country Cheesy We have some crappy zip/postal code database, and it works only well in some countries. Going through every country would be too much work at this point. The location picker should work almost everywhere pretty easily.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
Now you can specify your location from a map. This should be very useful in countries where the zip code/address system is a little broken. It also helps sellers who have specific spot where they are exchanging.

countries where the zip code/address system is a little broken Smiley Nice you consider it broken when it does not work the same like where you live but I was also surprised to find out that Chile has no zip codes.
Now you can specify your location from a map. This should be very useful in countries where the zip code/address system is a little broken. It also helps sellers who have specific spot where they are exchanging.
Can someone help me out please?

Can you message me through my trade so I can see if emails go through:
https://localbitcoins.com/ad/780/buy-bitcoins-with-cash-85201-mesa-united-states
if you're not registered you'll have to register

I sent a message - if you did not receive it, please report. We will start researching alternative email delivery solutions if current method is not working.

got it, sweet it works. just waiting on some real world offers Sad

https://localbitcoins.com/ad/780/buy-bitcoins-with-cash-85201-mesa-united-states

I sent a message - if you did not receive it, please report. We will start researching alternative email delivery solutions if current method is not working.

Now country-specific listings: https://localbitcoins.com/country/DE or https://localbitcoins.com/country/US

Al listings also available as RSS feeds: https://localbitcoins.com/country_rss/US

Also the advanced search allows you to filter by price equation and other parameters: https://localbitcoins.com/advanced_search

So you can for example set rss watch for listings in your area, or for listings which are above certain price. I think it is also pretty easy to implement email alerts from RSS feeds etc.
Has anyone actually made a deal trough this service?
I have a sell/buy orders up for a long time now but no luck. Not even a single contact. Smiley 
I guess I am the only one here who likes bitcoins Sad

I had maybe 5 contacts when I lived in Berlin, there was some traffic there. Now I'm in a small village in northern Finland, no contacts Cheesy

I plan to soon move to a bigger city, and try doing the cash exchange thing at a permanent place, eg. some small office where people can just come and bring cash/get cash. I also try to research at same time how to make the process as easy and efficient as possible, and also what are the best ways to market for a local exchanger. However I can start doing that on next month.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
I have a sell/buy orders up for a long time now but no luck. Not even a single contact. Smiley 

I have done a couple of smallish deals.
However, it's me condition that the other party always sends first, so that's where 90% of negotiations stop short.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
Couple of new features:

- optional auto-fund setting, which allows professional traders to fund their transactions automatically
- "fund from wallet" button funds instantly from your wallet
- RSS feeds: these allow professional traders to spot new ads instantly in their local area. You can specify location and search distance. A little work in progress. Example in Finland: view-source:https://localbitcoins.com/rss/FI/90460/100/

I'm still not very confident starting to translate the page, sorry for those waiting for translations. I try to look at the translations this weekend.
The benefits of the service are:

- No internet connection needed - only one SMS-enabled phone required to make the transaction on the spot

Just to clarify ... SMS isn't a requirement though.  There is a button to release the funds from the website as well.  The SMS is an alternate method to release the funds.

Yep, it is possible to use the service also in a way where only one participant has laptop or smartphone, and releases the transaction online. This is also a good way to do the transaction without the other party having any kind of device at all.
Pages:
Jump to: