Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace - page 36. (Read 125864 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006
Traders: when you do p2p trading, before you send the coins, make sure that the receiver understands what you are doing. Ask simple confirmation such as "If I send the coins now, you know how to send them back and forth again?" or "You know that with bitcoin there are no chargebacks?". There have been cases, where the receiver hasn't fully understood the system, and has lost some money because of that. Misconceptions are pretty common.

Happy trading!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
how can i see a map of all adverts?
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
access to my -0.0005 BTC
So, is negative balance possible in LocalBitcoins wallet?

wouldn't be the first service to subtract the transaction fee only after sending all your BTC.
access to my -0.0005 BTC

I'm guessing that this could occur when you transfer your entire balance to another address, and they charge you the transaction fee.

You guessed right. We have just been too busy to fix the transaction fee issue.

Now the service has been moved to a much better server. There was error with captchas, which is now fixed. If you spot anything unusual or still experience failed logins, please drop us an email to [email protected]
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
access to my -0.0005 BTC

I'm guessing that this could occur when you transfer your entire balance to another address, and they charge you the transaction fee.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
access to my -0.0005 BTC
Activity: 756
Can anyone log in at all?

I can't login at all.

Problem is resolved for me, logged in just fine now after previously not being able to.

PHEW i can also now login...worried i just lost access to my -0.0005 BTC
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

I can't login at all.

Problem is resolved for me, logged in just fine now after previously not being able to.
Who had the highest balance sitting in local bitcoins account?
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy

Strange.  No, I'm not getting successful login.  I was able to reset the password but even that new password didn't yield a successful login.
  Browsers tried: Chrome v18, Firefox v15.

Been researching the problem, it might be performance related. Might also be something else (something related to the session cookie, or server running out of session space). In any case we are upgrading the server ASAP, today or tomorrow.

Edit: sometimes clearing your cookies help.

Cleared them twice on Firefox 15, Safari 5.1.7 never accessed the site before I tried it.

Strange.  No, I'm not getting successful login.  I was able to reset the password but even that new password didn't yield a successful login.

Been researching the problem, it might be performance related. Might also be something else (something related to the session cookie, or server running out of session space). In any case we are upgrading the server ASAP, today or tomorrow.

Edit: sometimes clearing your cookies help.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

Strange.  No, I'm not getting successful login.  I was able to reset the password but even that new password didn't yield a successful login.

I don't know the answer to that but apparently I cannot
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Glad, you figured it out.
Hi, a security issue was found with the localbitcoins.com transaction feature, and therefore all outgoing transfers are now handled manually. The site can still be used, but you have to use direct methods for doing the transaction (mobile/laptop/paper wallet/etc).

Please not that all customer funds are safe - just don't use the transaction feature.

http://localbitcoins.blogspot.de/2012/10/localbitcoinscom-transaction-feature.html

To make a claim, log in and contact us through this form:
This way we make sure that it is the right guy requesting the funds. Provide your bitcoin address so we can send the funds to you.

We sincerely apologize for the hassle.

Edit: the issue is now researched, fixed & tested, and the transaction service is up and running again.
sent another small donation
I want to register my otc account with LocalBitcoins, but my OTC account was done with GPG and not a Bitcoin signature. Is it possible to regster my OTC account? I've tried submitting my GPG signature and it doesn't seem to work.

You have to add bitcoin address to your bitcoin-otc profile.

;;changeaddress

http://wiki.bitcoin-otc.com/wiki/Bitcoin_address_authentication
Pages:
Jump to: