Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Lordmancer II token sale is finished - page 47. (Read 27436 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
I have waited so long for a game like this. Some months ago I thought that a game where you could actively mine for coins would be a great idea. And now this project emerges from the horizon of the ICO world.
Activity: 294
I played a little more. The game is not easy, I tried to beat some shiny mobs, they hit hard  Grin

But hard to understand eveything in the game. I play an orc specialized in melee, So I've access to just a kind of troops ?

I see that the second troop we unlock has some magical power but how do they use their spell (Drummer).

There is some lags but that's normal in beta.

I saw that we need crystal to ugrade our gear past a point, that's really oriented pay to win. Maybe some likes it, but that's not my cup of tea.
Activity: 392
Do you also plan to make it accessible on PC? I think Steam would be a good platform because there are a lot of mobile games there.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
Nice to see that the soft launch beta version work well. Lordmancer is already developped, the pre sale will be more sucessfull if investors see that the game already exist. And the game is in soft launch so we can test it, and the comment on the beta are very good. I'm sure that lordmancer will be à sucess !
I'm gonna play a little more to see what there is further in the game.

I like the turn by turn system, it reminds me of some tactical rpgs that I love (FF Crystal Chronicles, Disgaea).

The chat is only in russian, the game must be quite popular there.

Can we have some data on Lordmancer I and on the beta of Lordmancer II ?

If am not mistaken, the beta release is only in Russian .With more adoption, i would think they will implement other languages.

The actual version has text in english. You should try it, that's quite nice. I'm playing a little and I'll add more comments about it.  I was just talking about the chat communication for the russian part.
Activity: 882
Merit: 277
If i had a dollar for every "had i known"
I know i have mentioned this before, but i will repeat it just in case it gets overlooked, but it would be nice if geolocation is implemented and certain items could only be retrieved due to your region, then said item could be unrestrictively traded. I messed around with it a bit and the game itself is not bad.
Activity: 882
Merit: 277
If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

I like the turn by turn system, it reminds me of some tactical rpgs that I love (FF Crystal Chronicles, Disgaea).

If am not mistaken, the beta release is only in Russian .With more adoption, i would think they will implement other languages.
Activity: 630
Merit: 276
It's great that we can play and test the game!
In most cases there is just an idea but here there is already a game and platform.

I'm sure this will gain more and more users.
For the moment mostly russian users but this will change when this game is released in the US.

Keep it up dev!
Great work.

Activity: 375
Merit: 250
what's the different of this coin compared with common game's tokens? why it use cryptocurrency?

Actually that is a question I wonder about with many ICOs. What is the added value of the cryptography and blockchain? In some cases it's even a downside, hampering mass adoption rate.

In Lordmancer's case one of the benefits of using a cryptocurrency is stated as a way to enable real money trading:

In some regions the mechanics may cause the game to fall into a category of gambling games are regulated differently from other games. Lordmancer II only allows users to withdraw crypto tokens, so officially the game can not be treated as gambling.

But wouldn't that be the same if they were regular tokens as in-game currency? It seems like a contradictio in terminis: "it's not gambling because it's not real money, which therefore allows us to enable real money trading."
yes many ico only use the the concept of cryptography and blockchain,it may be better not using cryptography and blockchain.
in many markets,the regular game  tokens can be traded!
Activity: 574
Merit: 115
what's the different of this coin compared with common game's tokens? why it use cryptocurrency?

Actually that is a question I wonder about with many ICOs. What is the added value of the cryptography and blockchain? In some cases it's even a downside, hampering mass adoption rate.

In Lordmancer's case one of the benefits of using a cryptocurrency is stated as a way to enable real money trading:

In some regions the mechanics may cause the game to fall into a category of gambling games are regulated differently from other games. Lordmancer II only allows users to withdraw crypto tokens, so officially the game can not be treated as gambling.

But wouldn't that be the same if they were regular tokens as in-game currency? It seems like a contradictio in terminis: "it's not gambling because it's not real money, which therefore allows us to enable real money trading."
Activity: 490
Paid consumables and features include: PvP Shield/immunity, character boosts(strength, experience, etc), army boost/resurrection after battle, rare and unique items, and speedups

I am surprised the developers have chosen for that kind of in-app purchases. That means it's really going to be a pay-to-win game.

I'm especially surprised because on the same page they mention

Team Fortress 2 and DOTA 2 These games contain “cosmetic item markets”

Those Valve games have proven that you don't need to have in-app purchases that affect the game mechanics to become massively profitable.

Yep, but p2w mechanics seems to be the most profitable on casual markets. LoL and DOTA 2 are casual/competitive market and the just can not have such mechanics

That's not necessarily true. The cosmetic-only market can bring more money if it's made correctly and accompanied by a crate system - CS:GO and Rocket League are perfect examples of that. As a competitive person I can't really enjoy p2w games that much since I know that it's not all about skill. F2P model with cosmetics are generally much better.
LoL and DOTA 2 are competitive games, thats why they are in the eSport category and need to make sure that no stuff will affect the gameplay.
And i think this game is kind of casual or economy game.
Activity: 478
Activity: 518
Paid consumables and features include: PvP Shield/immunity, character boosts(strength, experience, etc), army boost/resurrection after battle, rare and unique items, and speedups

I am surprised the developers have chosen for that kind of in-app purchases. That means it's really going to be a pay-to-win game.

Those Valve games have proven that you don't need to have in-app purchases that affect the game mechanics to become massively profitable.

Yep, but p2w mechanics seems to be the most profitable on casual markets. LoL and DOTA 2 are casual/competitive market and the just can not have such mechanics

That's not necessarily true. The cosmetic-only market can bring more money if it's made correctly and accompanied by a crate system - CS:GO and Rocket League are perfect examples of that. As a competitive person I can't really enjoy p2w games that much since I know that it's not all about skill. F2P model with cosmetics are generally much better.

As you said competitive person/game. CS is entirely built around esport. Lordmancer will be game for casuals (and they like p2w)
Activity: 330

Activity: 448
Merit: 107
Its nice to have an agressive roadmap. The team will work a lot for lordmancer.
Free to play is a nice economic model, pay to win too, its more stable than to have to pay each mounth to play like for world of Warcraft.
Activity: 370
wow,mobile player can mining coins by play games,very well,i will join it!
Activity: 364
Now I have read the whitepaper, seems solid as far as I can tell. Reading the comments about the beta (softlaunch) is as expected for at Project in this phase. I like the quite aggressive roadmap that lies ahead.
Activity: 210
Merit: 105
In the open beta for Android, can we already mine coins? Or will the everything be reset ones the game launches officially?
Activity: 518

Pages:
Jump to: