Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 168. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10
My wallet (1.16) stuck on block 1300000
Activity: 425
Merit: 250
Sent this over to the dev for troubleshooting. I noticed another person who had issues ended up deleting all files except for the wallet and had no issues when it loaded a second time.

wallet version 1.16 error under WinXPsp3
Code:
MintCoin version v1.16.0.0 (2015-03-09 20:54:40 -0400)
Using OpenSSL version OpenSSL 1.0.1h 5 Jun 2014
Startup time: 03/17/15 14:37:58
Default data directory C:\Documents and Settings\maxor\Application Data\MintCoin
Used data directory C:\Documents and Settings\maxor\Application Data\MintCoin
dbenv.open LogDir=C:\Documents and Settings\maxor\Application Data\MintCoin\database ErrorFile=C:\Documents and Settings\maxor\Application Data\MintCoin\db.log
Error: Couldn't open socket for incoming connections (socket returned error 10047)
Bound to 0.0.0.0:12788
Loading block index...
Opening LevelDB in C:\Documents and Settings\maxor\Application Data\MintCoin\txleveldb
Opened LevelDB successfully
ERROR: CTxDB::LoadBlockIndex() : Failed stake modifier checkpoint height=1300001, modifier=0x646ff02170741367
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
wallet version 1.16 error under WinXPsp3
Code:
MintCoin version v1.16.0.0 (2015-03-09 20:54:40 -0400)
Using OpenSSL version OpenSSL 1.0.1h 5 Jun 2014
Startup time: 03/17/15 14:37:58
Default data directory C:\Documents and Settings\maxor\Application Data\MintCoin
Used data directory C:\Documents and Settings\maxor\Application Data\MintCoin
dbenv.open LogDir=C:\Documents and Settings\maxor\Application Data\MintCoin\database ErrorFile=C:\Documents and Settings\maxor\Application Data\MintCoin\db.log
Error: Couldn't open socket for incoming connections (socket returned error 10047)
Bound to 0.0.0.0:12788
Loading block index...
Opening LevelDB in C:\Documents and Settings\maxor\Application Data\MintCoin\txleveldb
Opened LevelDB successfully
ERROR: CTxDB::LoadBlockIndex() : Failed stake modifier checkpoint height=1300001, modifier=0x646ff02170741367
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
are there any plans for a hardware wallet?  lol preferably with wifi  Cool
Spent a few more hours on the ANN (OP), https://github.com/TestingCrypto/ANN-OP-Thread-BBcode/blob/master/MINT.txt

*Also see that Trello https://trello.com/mintcoindevelopment still has the old website links (fixed them all in the updated OP coding, FYI). I should have added Trello to the OP as well, will have to next time & maybe we should make a list of things needing to be updated or added to it?

Updated with your changes - yes please report all old links found so we may fix quickly.
Activity: 356
Can the beta Android wallet stake coins?
Not yet. Maybe in a future release. For now, it is basically good for moving money around. Most people I think would rather not keep large amounts for staking on a mobile device anyway...at least I wouldn't. Too much risk IMO.
Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications

No, but not 100% sure on that one?
xob
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
What was update for "v1.16" release?     Huh

Nothing major, I think its just an update to how it does a cakculation to total up the total coins ever minted, I think to avoid orphans. Right now I think that calculation is not quite fully accurate.

Edit: also see above.
Activity: 325
New Podcast Out!
http://www.mintcoinofficial.com/mintcoin-community-podcast-march-16-2015/

Development Updates
Desktop Wallet Upgrades
New desktop wallet is available for download. Modified total minted ever to only include validated transactions. Fixed Mintcoin.cc references.

Android Wallet Upgrades
New Android Wallet has been released for beta-testing. Be sure to report any issues with the wallet so we may continue improving!

Development Needed
We are still seeking developmental support for a block explorer redesign and social tippings apps. Please contact [email protected] for more information.

Financial News
CoolBeans puts together another spectacular financial update for the Mintcoin Community. Read Details

Branding Support
Help Us update the crypto network with updated information. Let us know if you find a company with old information so we may contact them with updated information!

Merchant Support
ShapeShift.io integrates Mintcoin
Instantly exchange Mintcoin with Bitcoin
Only transaction fees are the miner fees for transactions
API Available.

CouponMeUp integrates Mintcoin
Signup for email alerts whenever a coupon is available for the targeted keyword / store
Receive Mintcoin tips for posting quality coupons!

MintShops Free Listings
Upgraded categorization
Free service for merchants accepting Mintcoin

Join Us!
Our Community Needs You!
Moderators Needed for:

Mintcoin Official Moderators
Mintcoin Facebook Group
Google+ Community
Activity: 32
What was update for "v1.16" release?     Huh

Wow 20 days until I can earn MINT :/

But okay...
This is a marathon, not a sprint. Just sit back and relax. You will have new coins flowing into your wallet within a month.  Smiley

BTW, welcome aboard.

Thank you very much! I am proud to be a member of this community!

Welcome!   ~   ^_^

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
hmm please try downloading from google docs from here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByiwIYtArulmfk1NVmhQVEFRa1Awa0xGNzZFa3E3VkM5dzlOaThnREhRdl9wbm93RmxaYWc&usp=sharing&tid=0ByiwIYtArulmNS0yZ3BDWHlZTlk

if when you open the wallet you still see the image on the right side then the file is still on 1.15

If that does not work delete %appdata%\AppData\Roaming\MintCoin files (except for wallet.dat) and trying to load the file again.

Hopefully we will not have to go there.

If I delete the blockchain, then the QT loads and I can see it is 1.16.

EDIT: If I restore the blockchain from 1.15, the QT gets the 1.15 look. Weird.
Mintcoin: Year 1 Minting Statistics

The following stats are based on the most current information as of March 9, 2015:

• Total coins in existence currently 20.79 billion
  • Total coins minted in the last year (365 days) 2.18 billion
  • Current minting block reward rate is 15% annually
  • 210,881,430 coins have been minted in the last 31 days
  • This is an average of 6,802,627 new coins per day being minted currently
  • This means that the minting participation rate is currently at 80.43%
  • This would result in an annual increase in the money supply of 12.06% currently
  • But based on last year, we know the timing until the reward reduction was about 287 days, (not a full year)
  • Based on this, we have about 7 more months until next block reduction - rate change to 10% annually (October 9th estimate)
  • This means we are currently now 27% complete with the 15% annual rate reward phase, which started around December 21, 2014
  • After October 9th, 2015: Assuming a similar minting participation rate, this will drop the increase in the money supply to an annual rate of about 8%
  • This will be a decrease of 33.33%
  • And in approximately 16 and a half months, (July 2016 estimate) we will see the rate change to 5% annually
  • After July 2016: Assuming a similar minting participation rate, this will drop the increase in the money supply to annual rate of about 4%
  • This will be a decrease of 50.00%
  • Keep in mind, minters also get an additional transaction fees bonus!

Thank you so much for providing this information!!!   ~   ^_<

I downloaded the file mintcoin_win_ver1.16.zip from Dropbox at mintcoinofficial.com Smiley

What else can I do?

hmm please try downloading from google docs from here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByiwIYtArulmfk1NVmhQVEFRa1Awa0xGNzZFa3E3VkM5dzlOaThnREhRdl9wbm93RmxaYWc&usp=sharing&tid=0ByiwIYtArulmNS0yZ3BDWHlZTlk

if when you open the wallet you still see the image on the right side then the file is still on 1.15

If that does not work delete %appdata%\AppData\Roaming\MintCoin files (except for wallet.dat) and trying to load the file again.

Hopefully we will not have to go there.
I downloaded the file mintcoin_win_ver1.16.zip from Dropbox at mintcoinofficial.com Smiley

What else can I do?
This is what I get if I update to 1.16  Undecided

MarSas - this looks like 1.15 still - just updated the homepage button to 1.16 - you will know you have the right one as the image on the homepage is no longer there. I am still working on the official launch of the new wallets.

1.16 replaces the image with text that says: Watch Our Community Podcasts on YouTube

Please try again and let me  know if the error still persists.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
first try without deleting the roaming file had errors

but when I deleted the file and started from scratch it works fine and is syncing fast (of course I saved a backup)

edit and the wallet seems to be running much lighter so far  Cool
This is what I get if I update to 1.16  Undecided

Do you have to redownload the blockchain for 1.16 ?
Shouldn't have to.
Jump to: