Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 167. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 356
Merit: 250
wallet 1.17 works on Win 7 without issues so far.

I tried out SHAPESHIFT.IO and bought 2 millions (more) of Mintcoin. works well and fast. I received the coins in my wallet in just a few seconds after sending BTC.
This is a great choice for those who are afraid of exchanges loosing your coins.
I wonder how it works. It leaves no record behind? So, u could anonymously buy mintcoin this way?  Interesting. I wonder if it even works for very large amounts...what about slippage if you were a whale making a large move? U would also wonder if in that case they didn't front run your order....

I'll probably check it out sometime.

Do they have other trading pairs too or just bitcoin?... Cuz it looks like bitcoin is slowly dying and I might like some alternatives to trade with...don't ask me what...mintcoin is the best IMO.

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
wallet 1.17 works on Win 7 without issues so far.

I tried out SHAPESHIFT.IO and bought 2 millions (more) of Mintcoin. works well and fast. I received the coins in my wallet in just a few seconds after sending BTC.
This is a great choice for those who are afraid of exchanges loosing your coins.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
ok. If you are having issues with 1.16 please download 1.17

Thanks!
Jessie

Works fine under WinXPsp3. Thanks!

Working great here as well! Thanks! (Win7 Ult. x64)
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
Right after last month's minting I switched all of my coins over to new addy's
Worked like a charm on speeding things up and decreasing the usage; however the .05 seconds during the address was breath stopping I was so nervous lol
(accidentally tipped someone $500 usd in mintcoins while moving from the exchanges a few months back) (lucky *.*.* doesn't even know it: http://explorer.mintcoinofficial.com/address/MczFhgBKy8HGi3hF6WRzaGQiusH1iSmutU )

the main thing I would like to see addressed in a mintcoin wallet update would be how resource intensive the windows wallet runs... I check my "task manager" quite often and it's the only wallet I run that uses an average of 500 mb of memory when most other wallets use about 125 mb's

my comp is getting older and stuff like that can be noticed if I have too many wallets open and comp starts lagging

Generally it would be because you have a lot of transactions in your wallet.dat so your computer is continually checking thousands of transactions which is a big draw on your computer power. Once you have some 15,000 Transactions or more (about 30-50 MB wallet) it will start to influence your computer performance and you can get rid of this by sending your Coins to a new wallet and getting rid of the old one. It's also influenced if you have a lot of very small Blocks trying to Stake as they are all competing against each other on your own machine to Stake.
Activity: 425
Right after last month's minting I switched all of my coins over to new addy's
Worked like a charm on speeding things up and decreasing the usage; however the .05 seconds during the address was breath stopping I was so nervous lol
(accidentally tipped someone $500 usd in mintcoins while moving from the exchanges a few months back) (lucky *.*.* doesn't even know it: http://explorer.mintcoinofficial.com/address/MczFhgBKy8HGi3hF6WRzaGQiusH1iSmutU )

the main thing I would like to see addressed in a mintcoin wallet update would be how resource intensive the windows wallet runs... I check my "task manager" quite often and it's the only wallet I run that uses an average of 500 mb of memory when most other wallets use about 125 mb's

my comp is getting older and stuff like that can be noticed if I have too many wallets open and comp starts lagging
Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Thanks!
Jessie

Works fine under WinXPsp3. Thanks!

Thanks!
Jessie
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
blockchain magnet link update would be nice
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa

My guess is it might be due to Mintcoins speed. Do you have any other wallets  that run that have to sync a block every 30 seconds? Also if you have lots of transaction s and trying to mint could also make it work more?

I'm going to send all my mint to a new wallet after it mints it's next batch and see if it helps (I've used the same wallet since the start so it's loaded with transactions)

edit: I'm actually 3/4's into syncing 1.16 with a blank wallet and it's still at 500 mb's

but yes 10k is a 30 sec coin which builds up lots of transactions quickly and runs at 125 mb...
Activity: 356

My guess is it might be due to Mintcoins speed. Do you have any other wallets  that run that have to sync a block every 30 seconds? Also if you have lots of transaction s and trying to mint could also make it work more?
It's not a real problem, 1.15 works just fine.

Yeah - I agree. No rush.

I agree with this as well - my old HP Pavilion c-r-a-w-l-s while running the MINT wallet, while no other wallets (that I run) cause this.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa

It's not a real problem, 1.15 works just fine.
Hang tight - RoboGuy will have a fix for us tonight.

Im on stand-bye to update everything across the networks.
I get "error loading blkindex.dat" - 1.15 loads normally though - I have tried 4 times.

Me too.
RoboGuy found something and will be updating tonight.

My wallet (1.16) stuck on block 1300000
I had the exact same problem after upgrading from source 1.15 to 1.16 and not having synced the wallet for a few weeks. Like almost all other Mint wallet updates, I deleted the files in the data directory (except for wallet.dat) and am downloading the blockchain again, which should solve the issue.

The Mint wallet is the only one I have to do that with, the OP should contain a link or torrent to a bootstrap.dat synced with the current wallet to save everyone from having to sync the blockchain manually over several days.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
My wallet (1.16) stuck on block 1300000
I had the exact same problem after upgrading from source 1.15 to 1.16 and not having synced the wallet for a few weeks. Like almost all other Mint wallet updates, I deleted the files in the data directory (except for wallet.dat) and am downloading the blockchain again, which should solve the issue.

The Mint wallet is the only one I have to do that with, the OP should contain a link or torrent to a bootstrap.dat synced with the current wallet to save everyone from having to sync the blockchain manually over several days.
I get "error loading blkindex.dat" - 1.15 loads normally though - I have tried 4 times.
Jump to: