Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 170. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Does the Wallet has to be opened for the coins to mature?
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Takes about 4 days without. I like to sync it from scratch on mandatory updates.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
Could you help me with my problem?

2 Days ago I installed wallet 1.15 and bought my first MINT on Cryptsy.

I downloaded the blockchain and the wallet says its synced and connected. So I deposited my Coins from Cryptsy and sent them to the adress which was already in the MintCoin wallet (autogenerated)

I am waiting for this coins since yesterday. They are not showing up. I tried checkwallet, repairwallet, rescan. Nothing works!

My wallet stopped syncing on a particular block four or five days ago, I upgraded to 1.15 and no change, until someone posts a fix I'll assume it's broke for everyone unless you run commands in the console or something or re-sync the blockchain which I'm in no rush to do because it took 5 days last time.

my wallet is synced up and running fine, I even restarted it to check that.

theres a bootstrap thats updated on a reg basis that speeds up the resync

Well I might leave my wallet offline for a while that doesn't bother me, unless someone here wants to list the steps to run the bootstrap on windows or if the linux client gets updated to 1.15

download the latest bootstrap, un pack it in it's own folder. then open your mintcoin Appdata/roaming file and replace the 3 files in the roaming file with the matching files that came in the bootstrap... then run the wallet, it will take along time for the wallet to re-index everything but it will eventually open, then it's just a matter of letting it sync the rest.

still takes a long time but is much better than 5+ days or however long it takes with out it
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

I downloaded the blockchain and the wallet says its synced and connected. So I deposited my Coins from Cryptsy and sent them to the adress which was already in the MintCoin wallet (autogenerated)

I am waiting for this coins since yesterday. They are not showing up. I tried checkwallet, repairwallet, rescan. Nothing works!

My wallet stopped syncing on a particular block four or five days ago, I upgraded to 1.15 and no change, until someone posts a fix I'll assume it's broke for everyone unless you run commands in the console or something or re-sync the blockchain which I'm in no rush to do because it took 5 days last time.

my wallet is synced up and running fine, I even restarted it to check that.

theres a bootstrap thats updated on a reg basis that speeds up the resync

Well I might leave my wallet offline for a while that doesn't bother me, unless someone here wants to list the steps to run the bootstrap on windows or if the linux client gets updated to 1.15
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
I haven't bought any coins since mintpal went all crazy.
what is the best exchange to buy more mintcoint on today? most reliable etc...... most coins on exchange etc....
Cryptsy. Its the most established. Based in the United States as well...probably the safest place to store coins. Then I would say poloniex, has been pretty good. Used them both. I haven't used blutrade yet or the shapeshifter method. Mintpal was not related to mintcoin...I think all those coins got dumped after the exchange was compromised, so I would not worry too much about another major dump. Also, Bter exchange and other Chinese exchanges went down. But they didn't have s lot of coins in them. Just remember be very careful about exchanges. They are a major target for attack. That said i can really vouch for cryptsy has been good lately. The just suck at speed it you have a new account....probably a security precaution.

Thanks, I know mintpal and mintcoin have nothing to do with one another. I would never keep coins on an exchange for longer than necessary to do a deal. Mintpal was easy to use before they screwed the pooch..
Wow 20 days until I can earn MINT :/

But okay...
This is a marathon, not a sprint. Just sit back and relax. You will have new coins flowing into your wallet within a month.  Smiley

BTW, welcome aboard.

Thank you very much! I am proud to be a member of this community!
Activity: 57
thanks Derek i didnt see the Downloads dropdown menu up the top of the site page last time, but i found the download after a bit of clicking...
what is the best exchange to buy more mintcoint on today? most reliable etc...... most coins on exchange etc....
Cryptsy. Its the most established. Based in the United States as well...probably the safest place to store coins. Then I would say poloniex, has been pretty good. Used them both. I haven't used blutrade yet or the shapeshifter method. Mintpal was not related to mintcoin...I think all those coins got dumped after the exchange was compromised, so I would not worry too much about another major dump. Also, Bter exchange and other Chinese exchanges went down. But they didn't have s lot of coins in them. Just remember be very careful about exchanges. They are a major target for attack. That said i can really vouch for cryptsy has been good lately. The just suck at speed it you have a new account....probably a security precaution.

But okay...

Mintcoin is a great coin to invest in, but you should read the parameters on the coin and you'll better understand whats going on and why.
Okay, now it doesnt mints because I dont have "mature"coins what does this mean?

coins have to be in your wallet for 20 days before minting.

Make sure that you back your wallet up before you do anything else. (in more than one spot)
Then make sure address was correct, check blockchain to if mint was actually transferred, if it was talk to the tech here about possible reasons and repair options.

Oh, and back up your wallet
Okay finally got them Cheesy

Lets start minting!

2,6 million for the start.
FYI in case you are wondering....your first minting you should get at least 21,666 coins  Grin
sux having to go find my google pwd to be able to DL the wallet :/
If I am not mistaken, I believe there are other download options. I never had to do that.

But okay...
This is a marathon, not a sprint. Just sit back and relax. You will have new coins flowing into your wallet within a month.  Smiley

BTW, welcome aboard.
Activity: 57
sux having to go find my google pwd to be able to DL the wallet :/
Found the problem.

Cryptsy hasnt sent it yet. I am waiting since 12 hours and I am really angry right now. Never ever again.

Thank you guys, will report back when its done!

Not to put them down, but they are sometimes agonizingly slow.  Undecided
Glad to hear it was no problem with Mincoin. ... Cryptsy is slow especially if you have a new account.

But okay...
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
Okay, now it doesnt mints because I dont have "mature"coins what does this mean?

It takes ~20 days for your coins to "mature" - it's a set number of blocks that need to be confirmed before they are eligible to "mint", or accrue interest, if you prefer. During this time, it is important not to move your coins, as that will start the "maturing" process from scratch.
Jump to: