Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 165. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Ohhh how to get Mint for Desktop very important....
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
If my memory serves me right, there was a period when MINT was POW/POS. Once a vulnerability was found it was switched to POS only.
Hmm so if I fork off the current chain, there won't be a POW/POS period, so it will launch instead as it's own beast.. I think it's time to get to know that linux command prompt again  Grin
Activity: 574
If my memory serves me right, there was a period when MINT was POW/POS. Once a vulnerability was found it was switched to POS only.
Hello Mintcoiners!

I'm just putting together a chart and making some comparisons between Mintcoin and Darkcoin, these being the two coins that are leading my development poll at the moment when it comes to choosing the codebase for TPC coin. Maybe someone could help me out with the economics for a moment, with Mintcoin having 70 Billion Max coins, how many Mintcoins were mined before it switched from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake?  The question being, if a mintcoin clone progressed instantly to Proof of Stake, how many coins would there be prior to minting?  Huh
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
They Shocked  got hacked.  Roll Eyes

Well, looks like the caught it quick and minimal amount was lost...but still sucks. Let's see if they recover from this. Cry

In case anyone is wondering, MINT is not traded on this exchange, so mintcoin is not affected.
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
Went to Cryptoine.com to vote for MINT, and here's what I saw:

Guess what.......Mintcoin......is awesome!  Cheesy

lol! There, for a split second, I thought there was some fantabulous news forthcoming! But Mintcoin being awesome, well... I already knew this.  Cheesy
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Guess what.......Mintcoin......is awesome!  Cheesy
Just released first details of an IPO taking donations in Bitcoin but will also add a pay by mint coin option if people are interested see my sig for more and anyway KEEP MINTING  Grin Grin

Edit: Votes are even for MINT vs DRK at the moment, who will come out on top? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10860844  Shocked  Shocked
Activity: 403
And it does not load the whole blockchain.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100

thats weird anytime my comp crashs while mint is running it seems to f up the block chain, so I end up downloading the most recent bootstrap to re sync with a brand new wallet.dat (after saving my real .dat) and it always sync's right up no problems

Or you may want to do this... But if the block chain is increasing then it means its working. My guess is its devoting all resources to that instead if updating GUI that is why it says not responding. Since it might take a couple more days to sync, u probably should just let it do its thing and ignore it for now. Or if you are in a rush, do the bootstrap method mentioned.

Every time mintcoin starts on my machine it takes a seriously long time to respond. So I don't think this means it's broken. Maybe let it run for a while and see.
The mobile wallet loads fast. What's the difference?

I think mobile wallet not minting coins has a lot to do with it. 2 cents
legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
If you have any questions, there are loads of people who will gladly help.

Okay then!

What's the highest & lowest satoshi price MINTcoin has seen in 2015?

Thanks!

.00000001 to .00000022

It is pretty sweet selling some of those minted coins off at 22 satoshis. This is the beauty of Mint and what makes it worth holding.

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

Okay then!

What's the highest & lowest satoshi price MINTcoin has seen in 2015?

Thanks!
Just found out the existence of Mintcoin via MultiCryptos, so I took a plunge, bought 160k of them on Cryptsy and gonna see if I can get a little return.

I'm sure I'll be learning even more about the coin soon. Smiley

Welcome aboard!! MINT is a great coin, with an active development team, and an enthusiastic community. I think you'll like it here!!  Wink
Activity: 210
Merit: 101
Just found out the existence of Mintcoin via MultiCryptos, so I took a plunge, bought 160k of them on Cryptsy and gonna see if I can get a little return.

I'm sure I'll be learning even more about the coin soon. Smiley

thats weird anytime my comp crashs while mint is running it seems to f up the block chain, so I end up downloading the most recent bootstrap to re sync with a brand new wallet.dat (after saving my real .dat) and it always sync's right up no problems

Or you may want to do this... But if the block chain is increasing then it means its working. My guess is its devoting all resources to that instead if updating GUI that is why it says not responding. Since it might take a couple more days to sync, u probably should just let it do its thing and ignore it for now. Or if you are in a rush, do the bootstrap method mentioned.

Every time mintcoin starts on my machine it takes a seriously long time to respond. So I don't think this means it's broken. Maybe let it run for a while and see.
The mobile wallet loads fast. What's the difference?
Jump to: