Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 214. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Is anybody else experiencing a huge amount of unconfirmed minting coins? 5 out of 20 confirms in wallet minting, WTF is going on with minting?

Not really, the last grayed-out minted coins happened 30 transactions ago.
When it was Proof of Work, what were the block time and difficulty re-target times?

Difficulty was retargeted every block, block time was 30 seconds.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Is anybody else experiencing a huge amount of unconfirmed minting coins? 5 out of 20 confirms in wallet minting, WTF is going on with minting?
legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
When it was Proof of Work, what were the block time and difficulty re-target times?
Does MINT implement the Kimoto's Gravity Well algorithm to re-target difficulty?

Is the block time 30 seconds?

MINT is purePOS.
legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
Does MINT implement the Kimoto's Gravity Well algorithm to re-target difficulty?

Is the block time 30 seconds?
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
Is anyone interested in this for some exposure to Mint? It's a brand new thread, so I haven't gone digging to find out about it in detail yet.

It was hard to come up with a subject that didn't sound like a scam or ad, I tried.

I run a game that gives away coins to players.  It is an excellent way to encourage people to play my game.  I currently put 10 DOGE into the pot every time someone plays a game, and pay it out to players at midnight every night.  In many ways it is like a fountain.  It distributes coins to people that would have never had them, thus encourages adoption by users.

I currently fund the pot myself, but am looking for one or more sponsors to provide coins for disbursement.  The gain for you is
  1. the disbursement of small amounts of your coin to a large number of people.
  2. To use your coin, we have to accept it as a payment method.

For us to accept your coin as a payment method you need to be listed on   cryptocoincharts.info

We draw our price information from there.

If you want information, please message me. 

If this was advertising there would be a link to the website.

Best Regards.
Activity: 425
Merit: 250
WTF I just updated my mintcoin wallet after not having looked at it for months...
In old wallet I had millions of mintcoins, now in new wallet i got only 8000... WTF is this crap!?!?!
I deleted all files except for the wallet.dat and am currently fully synced according to that piece of crap wallet.

Here is some stuff to try.

After it is back in sync
Step 1 : Make a backup copy of your Wallet
Step 2:  in Mintcoin Client, goto help, then debug, then console, then type in repairwallet and hit enter
Then check to see if your amount of Mintcoins match.
If so Great ,

if not 1 other thing you can try
Delete the mintcoin-qt files that you just upgraded to.
Redownload the old Mintcoin Client v1.10 from
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1j8cfhe4hsl7l1/MintCoin110.zip?dl=0
Install the old client , restore your wallet from the backup copy, after it syncs, run reparwallet and see if your coins match.

Good Luck.
 Cool

FYI:
For anyone who liked the old client v1.10 better you can download it from

Thanks you very much for the extreme fast and efficient support, much appreciated! A+++ DEV!

As discussed in PM the following commands solved the issue

from the cmd panel

checkwallet
checkwallet  password (add your password to the line if you have one)

Once that command is completed try
repairwallet
repairwallet password (add your password to the line if you have one)

I will update the announcement with this.

Thank you!
Activity: 608
WTF I just updated my mintcoin wallet after not having looked at it for months...
In old wallet I had millions of mintcoins, now in new wallet i got only 8000... WTF is this crap!?!?!
I deleted all files except for the wallet.dat and am currently fully synced according to that piece of crap wallet.

After it is back in sync
Step 2:  in Mintcoin Client, goto help, then debug, then console, then type in repairwallet and hit enter
If so Great ,

Install the old client , restore your wallet from the backup copy, after it syncs, run reparwallet and see if your coins match.

Good Luck.
 Cool

FYI:

Thanks you very much for the extreme fast and efficient support, much appreciated! A+++ DEV!

As discussed in PM the following commands solved the issue

from the cmd panel

checkwallet
checkwallet  password (add your password to the line if you have one)

Once that command is completed try
repairwallet
repairwallet password (add your password to the line if you have one)
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

After it is back in sync
If so Great ,

Good Luck.
 Cool

FYI:

Activity: 325

It is with great honor to announce the partnership of Keepod, Bitcoin, Mintcoin, XCurrency, Viacoin and W2Coin in joint efforts hosted by Mintcoin Fund to raise $5275 which will be used to bring computer access to 500 students while educating the public on what crypto currency is and how it is used.

Keepod.org (recently featured on BBC News) offers a technology which allows people to have their own personal computer settings stored in a small device which they can take and use anywhere in the world there is a computer with internet access.

With this program we will not only be sponsoring the keepod devices, but we will sponsor volunteers to refurbish and donate older computers, community training for continual support with the device, optimization of all computers to ensure a pleasant experience and online safety for the children.

Our goal is to sponsor 500 kids!
The cost to sponsor one child is just $10.55
Learn More & Donate Now!

How it Works:
By joining community efforts in this campaign Mintcoin will have the opportunity to work with other developers sharing the common  goal of increasing the awareness of crypto currencies and how they are used for thousands of people who have never heard of crypto currency before.

Each crypto community has selected a donation address for their team and is being supplied with marketing materials to assist in their communities promotion of the campaign. At the end of each week they will be responsible for changing donations into Bitcoin and submitting their communities donations to the Mintcoin Fund Moolah Storefront.

Once we receive each communities donations we will be issuing a press release announcing donations and contributions to the campaign.

Volunteers Needed!
If you are interested in donating articles, press releases or social assets to this cause please join our team here.  All communities welcome to participate!

Please dev respond!

Hello TenaciousC,

I have submitted a trouble ticket for your wallet. How long have you had it closed for? In your transactions are do you have a bunch of minted coin transactions with a ? and grayed out?

I had it closed for at least 2 months, might be longer.
Yesterday I decided to update the wallet and let it stake again, so I Copied the new QT over the old one, this gave me error about index... So deleted all files except for the wallet.dat and let the blockchain sync. Sync completed now but only shows +/- 8300 coins while I had couple of millions when I started the old wallet yesterday before the upgrade.

I have indeed a shitload of not accepted stakes (grayed out) but when I check the list of accepted ones I should have millions

ok - one more question - were you using the same wallet on more than one machine?

Nope, just 1 laptop....

Some more strage stuff, I did some checks myself, if I check this address:
http://mint.blockexplorer.cc/address/Mm4JPXZLn9YBPVirNjjDva7PmXuwEeK96M

That's exactly what I have visible in my wallet now, that's an adress I used for mining in the old days, All other coins that I bought at Cryptsy, etc... are gone

Would you mind logging into your history at cryptsy and other exchanges and confirm your address in the withdraws display?

Please pm me with the response.

Thanks!

Please dev respond!

Hello TenaciousC,

I have submitted a trouble ticket for your wallet. How long have you had it closed for? In your transactions are do you have a bunch of minted coin transactions with a ? and grayed out?

Yesterday I decided to update the wallet and let it stake again, so I Copied the new QT over the old one, this gave me error about index... So deleted all files except for the wallet.dat and let the blockchain sync. Sync completed now but only shows +/- 8300 coins while I had couple of millions when I started the old wallet yesterday before the upgrade.

I have indeed a shitload of not accepted stakes (grayed out) but when I check the list of accepted ones I should have millions

ok - one more question - were you using the same wallet on more than one machine?

Nope, just 1 laptop....

Some more strage stuff, I did some checks myself, if I check this address:
http://mint.blockexplorer.cc/address/Mm4JPXZLn9YBPVirNjjDva7PmXuwEeK96M

That's exactly what I have visible in my wallet now, that's an adress I used for mining in the old days, All other coins that I bought at Cryptsy, etc... are gone

Please dev respond!

Hello TenaciousC,

Please dev respond!

Hello TenaciousC,

Please dev respond!

Hello TenaciousC,

Please dev respond!
We are getting ready to kick off a campaign that our team is very proud of as it is quite an accomplishment.

Before launching I would like to thank everyone here for your contributions to the community and remind you that we are working towards introducing Mintcoin to new people interested in joining our community.

Please consider visitors will have new accounts or perhaps not sign in at all but watch and try to find answers on their own. We may encounter people who have not had prior experience to crypto currency and need to offer clear simple to follow assistance whenever possible.

Finally...
Think fresh minty thoughts Smiley
Thank you for your continued support.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Any news about mintpal opening litecoin market?
I contacted several exchanges last week requesting additional market / mintcoin listings. no news yet.
There is not much chance of getting more market listings with such low volume. The focus should be on generating volume ie: real world use for mintcoin.
Any news about mintpal opening litecoin market?
I contacted several exchanges last week requesting additional market / mintcoin listings. no news yet.
Jump to: