Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 26. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Hi,

is there any snapshot? I'm importing bootstrap.dat now but looks like it will take 2 weeks to sync so I will be glad if someone can give me snapshot.
Activity: 45
This looks like a good project that has a real life application! Went through your article and I have to admit it is well detailed and describes very well the token sale and distribution process
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Mintcoin new website (alpha and test version). Mintcoin will go back to the top 100 coins soon! https://texxayc.wixsite.com/mint-coin
What a lot of rumors about this project, saying that he was dead, and more. And your statement is very strong and has a patriotic character. Is there a reason you have what it would be like this or is it just empty words?
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Mintcoin new website (alpha and test version). Mintcoin will go back to the top 100 coins soon! https://texxayc.wixsite.com/mint-coin

"Eco-generation MINTCOIN Friendly of planet" on the new website should most likely read: "Eco-generation MINTCOIN Friendly to the planet"
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
It's unfortunate to see Mintcoin in such a state.

I was a big believer in this coin, however, it has become very difficult simply to run the wallet.

On Windows 8, a bug prevented my installation of the latest wallet from opening after a while.

It takes so long to sync a new wallet, even from a bootstrap, that I've given up.

Mintcoin enthusiasts who have been around for a while have all seen that the latest client, even when synced up, is bloated and this is a major problem.

I'm the sole administrator for the Mintcoin account on facebook, I will add anyone that has passion for this coin and can use it to reach out to the community.

Otherwise, I'm resigned with my meager stash of two million Mintcoins to abandon this coin.

One of my favourite features of Mintcoin, the POS staking, is now being implemented into Quark, so consider supporting that initiative.

The nature of Quark is such that they prune the blockchain to keep things snappy, something Mintcoin sorely lacks.

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Activity: 336
We need a updated wallet, mine has been syncing for 2 weeks stuck at 66%.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
Well well...this coin will give some satisfaction...i know...is not dead!!

I'm not sure how to understand your comment.. Is it ironic, or maybe you know something more about progress in development? Cheesy
Activity: 702
Merit: 102
I am the Kung Fury...
Well well...this coin will give some satisfaction...i know...is not dead!!
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip

Is there still a development team on board on this project?

Good question, anybody here still working/supporting/developing Mintcoin?

Would like to ask the same question....

When it's dead, it's dead , it could be a really nice project

Well, judging from the answer a few posts up, it's not dead so, I'll hang in there for a while longer...

The coin is definitely not dead, but the community's activity is still falling. Unfortunately, the same can be said about the developer's activity and volume on the exchange.
Activity: 37
block explorer dont work btw
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13

Well, judging from the answer a few posts up, it's not dead so, I'll hang in there for a while longer...
Activity: 134
Merit: 11

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Hiya minters!

To address your dev concerns:

Our main dev has become busy with another project recently and has suggested we bring in additional dev support.  Communication has not been cut and there is plenty of cooperation so we're already at an advantage compared to other times in our past when devs and/or contributors have left suddenly or disappeared.  Crypto moves fast, things change and evolve.  I am already speaking with multiple devs and we're working on beefing up our dev fund to offer compensation to the right individual(s). 

It's super easy for anyone to support mintcoin now without any effort, just by leaving a webpage open.  As MintyAllDay announced above, you can now mine Monero thru mintymintcoin.com/Contribute.html to support the dev fund.  This is great news for the contributors that don't have the time to help…now you can!

We don't have a "current" road map.  Mintcoin is a small team of volunteers and we prefer to not pre-announce milestones unless we absolutely know they will become reality.  Most contributors prefer to keep their heads down and working rather then fabricating a loose roadmap which will unlikely be completed as it is outlined.  Being a decentralized and open source software platform has it's challenges but I think most long time contributors will agree, when new contributors enter the fray it can change the dynamic of how we work and what becomes of that work.  While I am always speaking with multiple contributors in an attempt to help manage a cohesive platform thru their contributions, I do not have total control over any contributing individuals and currently there are no paid mintcoin employees.  The dev funds (MINT, XMR) are an attempt to add a working budget which allows for many of the features that users request.

Work on the website re-design continues.  Dev funds are currently expected to go towards wallet optimizations and improvements.  Other surprises are in the pipeline.  Mint has delivered with absolutely no budget or central authority thru years.  I'm happy to say that I'm a mintcoin contributor.  While we may not be able to move at your favorite ICO coin's pace, it does not mean that nothing is happening. 

The future is honest, transparent, and decentralized.  The future is minty green.

Time to code a dev funding mechanism into mint and get some things going.

Activity: 134
Merit: 11
I don't know what happened with this coin, but last year I made good profit
Activity: 370
Hiya minters!

To address your dev concerns:

Our main dev has become busy with another project recently and has suggested we bring in additional dev support.  Communication has not been cut and there is plenty of cooperation so we're already at an advantage compared to other times in our past when devs and/or contributors have left suddenly or disappeared.  Crypto moves fast, things change and evolve.  I am already speaking with multiple devs and we're working on beefing up our dev fund to offer compensation to the right individual(s). 

It's super easy for anyone to support mintcoin now without any effort, just by leaving a webpage open.  As MintyAllDay announced above, you can now mine Monero thru mintymintcoin.com/Contribute.html to support the dev fund.  This is great news for the contributors that don't have the time to help…now you can!

We don't have a "current" road map.  Mintcoin is a small team of volunteers and we prefer to not pre-announce milestones unless we absolutely know they will become reality.  Most contributors prefer to keep their heads down and working rather then fabricating a loose roadmap which will unlikely be completed as it is outlined.  Being a decentralized and open source software platform has it's challenges but I think most long time contributors will agree, when new contributors enter the fray it can change the dynamic of how we work and what becomes of that work.  While I am always speaking with multiple contributors in an attempt to help manage a cohesive platform thru their contributions, I do not have total control over any contributing individuals and currently there are no paid mintcoin employees.  The dev funds (MINT, XMR) are an attempt to add a working budget which allows for many of the features that users request.

Work on the website re-design continues.  Dev funds are currently expected to go towards wallet optimizations and improvements.  Other surprises are in the pipeline.  Mint has delivered with absolutely no budget or central authority thru years.  I'm happy to say that I'm a mintcoin contributor.  While we may not be able to move at your favorite ICO coin's pace, it does not mean that nothing is happening. 

The future is honest, transparent, and decentralized.  The future is minty green.

Thank you for that honest, transparent, sincere response. Hope you find the help soon enough and get the ball rolling.. In crypto land things change very quickly. All it needs is a dedicated Dev team and a vibrant community. As long as a Dev team is ready to work on it, building a community around a 3 year old coin should be a breeze!!
Activity: 370

Activity: 3
Now I'm stuck at 440 days remaining for sync because the bootstrap instructions are not relevant to the wallet. As soon as I catch up to my transactions I'm cashing out. This is ridiculous.
Pages:
Jump to: