Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 29. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 252
https://ubikiri.com/
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
can i copy the mintcoin wallet file from the internal drive of the broken computer to another computer and open it from a second computer to remove the coins before i take the computer to the shop to get a motherboard replaced...? i don't want to do anything that could risk corrupting the wallet files... not sure what to do here... if he has to order a proprietary motherboard he would expect me to leave it in the shop a few days... i'd rather not even mention that there are "sensitive files" or "coin balances" on the computer to the repair tech... i like to keep that stuff as need-to-know as possible ... plus even with me watching, how would i really know hes not cloning the drive or installing something on it without me knowing... now i know im being paranoid ... but i want to be careful here... lets say hypothetically these coin balances are enough that if someone knew where to find them they could possibly be a tempting target...
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Does anyone know what to do in this situation?

Let's say you had a bunch of mint loaded onto a wallet and you hadnt yet opened up the private keys and then all of a sudden the computer broke and you dont just want to take your computer to the shop (and thus give them access to your wallet)?

So, there is no password on the wallet, not good. There really isn't much you can do from a security stand point except stand behind the tech and make sure your wallet isn't opened. Is the hard drive OK? If the problem is hardware like power supply or motherboard or screen, pull the drive first. Of course you could explain the issue and ask that you be present when the work is done. Can't think of much else...

Does anyone know what to do in this situation?

Let's say you had a bunch of mint loaded onto a wallet and you hadnt yet opened up the private keys and then all of a sudden the computer broke and you dont just want to take your computer to the shop (and thus give them access to your wallet)?
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Do we have an update for the bootstrap installation instructions? They don't work for my wallet.

The current instructions still apply.  The bootstrap works but can take a few days depending on your system.  Sometimes the wallet may appear to be frozen but it's likely not, just loading.
Is there still any active development on this coin? Its looking so quiet with news and there isn´t much trading on exchanges...

Yes there are:)

Join the Slack channel where the devs are:

http://mintcoin-slack.herokuapp.com/

Do we have an update for the bootstrap installation instructions? They don't work for my wallet.
Activity: 77
Is there still any active development on this coin? Its looking so quiet with news and there isn´t much trading on exchanges...

Yes there are:)

Join the Slack channel where the devs are:

http://mintcoin-slack.herokuapp.com/
Activity: 18

cryptopia changed MINT icon?
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Activity: 48
mint is a great coin its stable and a low price so you can grab enough to start minting for very little

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the ico was 10 for 1usd and they are giving you 100 for signing up. http://Https://wcex.co/?ref=secYAakF
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001
Activity: 123
synching the wallet for one week now, I've started staking a lot of different coins but this coin wins by far in sync slowness!!
Is any blockchain sharing services for MINT? Or people just unaware of it?
You cam find a couple weeks old blockchain link couple pages back. I've downloaded it and wallet synced up within couple hours.
Activity: 77
High coin amount+Low inflation now.. I wonder how this will turn out. Perhaps the next Bitbean?

Yepp it have the potential to be:)
Activity: 73
Merit: 11
synching the wallet for one week now, I've started staking a lot of different coins but this coin wins by far in sync slowness!!
Is any blockchain sharing services for MINT? Or people just unaware of it?
Activity: 64
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
Activity: 536
Merit: 250
https://acheterdescryptomonnaies.fr
its now over 4 days over and the wallet is still syncing Huh
will there be an Update in the Future for the wallet ?
it took me between 1 or 2 weeks , patience mate Cheesy
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
Have you found the Yellow Sign?
High coin amount+Low inflation now.. I wonder how this will turn out. Perhaps the next Bitbean?
Activity: 10
its now over 4 days over and the wallet is still syncing Huh
will there be an Update in the Future for the wallet ?
Pages:
Jump to: