Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 298. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 229
Merit: 100
In my opinion, the mintcoin price is low, which is because the interest is high now.

Take a PoW coin for example, the price of the coin which is hard to mine is higher than the price of the coin which is easy to mine.

What we have to do is waiting for three years until the interest down to 5%.

So just hold the mintcoins until the big pump.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
Activity: 574
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
As KSGuy said, "If I lose on it, I lose..." Not a big friggin' deal. You gotta take chances, and back them up with your belief. You may lose, you may win. But if you always let fear rule your decisions, you will almost certainly always lose.

And this is why cryptos, in general, are considered as a gamble (even Bitcoin). You just have to decide how you feel and either go with it or don't. And always spread yourself out as well, because the chances of every project flopping are much smaller than a single one.

I feel that in the extreme long run, mint will survive and be worth far more than it's peak price to date. The best time to buy is usually when everyone else is selling.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
As KSGuy said, "If I lose on it, I lose..." Not a big friggin' deal. You gotta take chances, and back them up with your belief. You may lose, you may win. But if you always let fear rule your decisions, you will almost certainly always lose.

And this is why cryptos, in general, are considered as a gamble (even Bitcoin). You just have to decide how you feel and either go with it or don't. And always spread yourself out as well, because the chances of every project flopping are much smaller than a single one.
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
I'm picking up all the coins I can at these cheap prices. I feel there is a lot going for this coin and it's a good long term investment.
If I lose on it, I lose, it's not money I have to have for something.. but if I win, it'll be a nice sum of cash in a year.

Same here - I agree.

Ya know, it's sad how there are people who seem to exist solely to get some sort of sick joy out of rubbing other people's noses in their perceived misfortune. I think that it must be a horrible thing to only be able to get happiness from watching others suffer.

And, it's apparently hard to get enough of, because they are constantly trying to cause suffering where there is none, so they can gloat, feel big, and be able to say "I told you so"... {na na na na na na}

Small minds and petty imaginings... 

Apparently not satisfied trying to make a buck or two from this "sport" - or not talented enough to do so? Never make any big bucks if you're not willing to take a few gambles folks. If you want to make it in the adult world, you don't run around acting like a two year old bully. And anyone who knows this won't be swayed by your juvenile words.

Activity: 453
Merit: 250
I figured if the reality around this coin sucks, I might as well try a little fantasy.

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Just did my regular visit to mintpal and to my horror I saw mintcoin in the single digits, it was awful..  Sad

Yeah, I wonder why it went down so much. At least this is a good time to invest in more, :p.

It's still at 10 sats on poloniex. Maybe someone dumped a massive amount on mintpal and artificially lowered the price.

It's down to 8 on Cryptsy too though (people are dumping into that).

still waiting for 3 sats here Smiley

That is not gonna happen. There is too much intrinsic value with Mintcoin that it won't reach such levels anymore, maybe at the beginning. At this stage, we have reached the bottom and even dipped below it. It is heavily manipulated and will rise from here on out. There is a lot of development with the Android wallet and activities with the Fund.

Still drinking that koolaid? I said 5 sats and you said 1000 lol Looks like I win again. Next up 3 sats.. remember the size of the premine :p

It can definitely boost up, but MINT needs to be working on getting more publicity for the coin to make that happen. What is in the works right now to bring on new investors?

I dont think any serious investor will touch it until that huge premine is dealt with especially since hes so frugile about it. I would want to see the address and see that over time the coins are spent not kept.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
Just did my regular visit to mintpal and to my horror I saw mintcoin in the single digits, it was awful..  Sad

Yeah, I wonder why it went down so much. At least this is a good time to invest in more, :p.

It's still at 10 sats on poloniex. Maybe someone dumped a massive amount on mintpal and artificially lowered the price.

That is not gonna happen. There is too much intrinsic value with Mintcoin that it won't reach such levels anymore, maybe at the beginning. At this stage, we have reached the bottom and even dipped below it. It is heavily manipulated and will rise from here on out. There is a lot of development with the Android wallet and activities with the Fund.

Still drinking that koolaid? I said 5 sats and you said 1000 lol Looks like I win again. Next up 3 sats.. remember the size of the premine :p

It can definitely boost up, but MINT needs to be working on getting more publicity for the coin to make that happen. What is in the works right now to bring on new investors?
Activity: 429
Just did my regular visit to mintpal and to my horror I saw mintcoin in the single digits, it was awful..  Sad

I'm picking up all the coins I can at these cheap prices. I feel there is a lot going for this coin and it's a good long term investment.
If I lose on it, I lose, it's not money I have to have for something.. but if I win, it'll be a nice sum of cash in a year.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Just did my regular visit to mintpal and to my horror I saw mintcoin in the single digits, it was awful..  Sad

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Thanks to the invaluable help of unek and rockingaltcoins, the site is back online!

http://mintcoin.cc/

yay thank you
what was the problem ? did someone hack the site?
Heavy load from a script, no DDoS.
legendary
Activity: 1572
Merit: 1002
MINTcoin added to multifaucet . tk
Get FREE MINT!
multifaucet . tk
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Thanks to the invaluable help of unek and rockingaltcoins, the site is back online!

yay thank you
what was the problem ? did someone hack the site?
Activity: 429
Hey David,

If you need a hand, I know wordpress like the back of my hand.
I'd be happy to help out with any website issues on wp or other PHP frameworks.
Shoot me a message when you see this and we can chat on Skype or IRC if you like.
Hi,

Yes, I would definitely need help. I live in Europe I hope we'll find a way to be in touch. Contact me on #mintcoin-dev (freenode).
Sounds good, sent ya a message as ^BS^  and I'll hang out in that IRC room.
Activity: 136
Monero Core Team

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
question 1 : would a specific Mintcoin bootstrap.dat help with processing the loading block index faster ? (my windows wallet takes a lot of time processing the loading block index when i'm starting it
and i'm trying to find a way to make that go faster .. any tips / advice on that matter would be appreciated)  

Bootstrap explained  :

Bootstrap allows a new client (not synced) to rapidly import the initial blocks from a local file instead of slowly downloading blocks from random peers. This significantly reduces the time it takes to get a
client synced with the current blockchain.

Simply having bootstrap.dat in client's expected data directory will make your initial block sync much faster. The import process can be even faster if you use the -dbcache=1000 command line
parameter which uses an additional 1GB of RAM for the database index cache.

question 2 : can someone explain the difference from IRC seeding in comparison with DNS seeding? i saw it merged in GitHub per 15 may 2014 (Enabled DNS seeding by default, added 1 DNS seed)

thanks,

qwizzie

Monero Core Team
Hey David,

If you need a hand, I know wordpress like the back of my hand.
I'd be happy to help out with any website issues on wp or other PHP frameworks.
Shoot me a message when you see this and we can chat on Skype or IRC if you like.
Hi,

Yes, I would definitely need help. I live in Europe I hope we'll find a way to be in touch. Contact me on #mintcoin-dev (freenode).
Activity: 185
Hi!

I have a problem with my wallet.
I hope anyone can help me.
I've updated the wallet software and after that my coins are gone (I've copyied wallet.dat to a secure place beforehand).
I've than deleted everything in the /Roaming, started the wallet again and copied my wallet.dat to /Roaming..
After it stopped synching, I can see all the transactions that I made, but coins still missing.
What to do?
Hi,
First make sure you have a backup of your wallet.dat

Open debug console, type "checkwallet". It will probably warn about missing coins. Type "repairwallet" to fix it.
Jump to: