Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 293. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
hey guys i was thinking of starting a mint raffle website would people be interested in this??
i know its not going to help the coin to much but i just cant sit here and watch mint die. its to good of a coin to let that happen

Perhaps this is a good idea
It is hard to implement but should look
Slowly dying Who needs?
 Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
Cheesy

Still have a lot of hope for this coin with the dev team behind it. 

Needs a snappier wallet though and the POS android wallet needs a countdown timer to drive interest imho. 

Yes for me the wallet is still a problem, when i start it it takes a few minutes to start up at all.]
Maybe its loading the blockchain I dont know.
If that is the case maybe a light wallet would be very nice, so it reduces the loading times.
I had my wallet open today and I got some more interest on my mints, still holding for the future
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
 Cheesy

Still have a lot of hope for this coin with the dev team behind it. 

Needs a snappier wallet though and the POS android wallet needs a countdown timer to drive interest imho. 
Activity: 31
not everyone has trading accounts bei mintpal AND cryptsy. but the whole selling at those prices is either just desperation or manipulation. i think it's just the reaction to the rising price of btc.

prices Not all of us want to see
We've had enough of waiting
We like to fly to the moon

yes
We are full of hope
If only waiting for there will be a beautiful tomorrow
Activity: 31
yeah, nothing left to do but wait and see. in altcoins there are always pumps and rises at any time. so just hold. or sell at ridiculously low prices  Roll Eyes

Forget it
I continue to wait for it down
I would rather be the last to leave
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
I feel that in the extreme long run, mint will survive and be worth far more than it's peak price to date. The best time to buy is usually when everyone else is selling.
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#mintcoin
not valid to an incoming investor. It will be more accurate 4 years down the road.

I agree.

Can you build mintcoind on FreeBSD? not linux emu version.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I feel that in the extreme long run, mint will survive and be worth far more than it's peak price to date. The best time to buy is usually when everyone else is selling.
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#mintcoin
not valid to an incoming investor. It will be more accurate 4 years down the road.

Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
Good grief to the sellers....

Mintcoin has way to much going for it to be sold at a loss now. It is the only high interest paying PoS coin with real development still behind it... You can dump into my buy order at 4 if you wish though.

What development is behind it right now? What is happening to build value to the coin? In the past week I've seen nothing other than trying to get it on exchanges (which doesn't help add value). Past this, what's going on?

If you don't like what is happening then sell your MINT and leave the thread.  Thanks.

I love it. "I think money will magically appear and make me rich. If you disagree, you need to LEAVE US ALONE SO WE CAN GET RICH WHILE DOING NOTHING." It's that mentality that's holding back the project.

You come here and have nothing good to say.  You are just complaining and being negative.  Do you think that is helping?  I don't think so.

I asked a legitimate question. I asked what is going on to increase its value. I do this with any business I get involved with. If a business isn't producing anything that brings in value, it's a liability. I don't deal with liabilities. There's been no information about income-producing ventures with the coin, thus I assumed I missed something and was asking for an update as to what that was. Apparently there is nothing going on in that front, so that answered the question.

The past isn't as important as what is going on right now and into the future. 57 merchants? That's great. What's going on to bring on more right now? The goal should be expansion, not dormancy. Wal-Mart didn't say "alright, we got two stores set up, so we'll just sit back and hope to be billionaires." Fuck no. They said "We have two stores set up and a little income coming in. Now it's time to push our efforts further to keep increasing this." Many years later, they are still doing the same.

Treat the coin like a business because that's what it is. If you stop being proactive, it is absolutely going to die.

No, people with your attitude are the problem. You're saying, what are *we* going to do, *we* need to do this, *we* need to do that, yet *I* am willing to do nothing. As for me, I'm holding my mintcoins and am prepared to wait. I get that the crypto markets are driven mostly by empty hype and prices move around 10x faster than the pace of genuine development, if these two things are related at all, well eventually they will match better than they do now. So I don't think there is a problem. If *you* think there is a problem, by all means do something about it, or go somewhere else.  
Activity: 144

Mintcoin has way to much going for it to be sold at a loss now. It is the only high interest paying PoS coin with real development still behind it... You can dump into my buy order at 4 if you wish though.

What development is behind it right now? What is happening to build value to the coin? In the past week I've seen nothing other than trying to get it on exchanges (which doesn't help add value). Past this, what's going on?

-Mintcoin already has 57 merchants
-We are listed on all major alt coin exchanges, AND Bitcoin exchange Vault of Satoshi
-Coin control
-Android coming soon
-Pays 20% interest 1st year, 15% 2nd, 10%, and then 5% per every following year. Get paid every 20 days.

I guess I don't understand your question. We don't really need development at this point, other than maybe a bootstrap for the wallet download. An awareness campaign maybe?

The coin is fine, and really the only thing driving other coins at this point is hype. Hype has never really been the Mintcoin way. Mint took off like a rocket when it was announced because it was a brilliant, original idea. It still is! So I have no idea why the price is down so much. Mint is still the king of it's category(High interest PoS).

Things take time to develop,(foundation, and android wallet) but they are being worked on, and in the meantime I would suggest people pick up some cheap coin.

http://mintcoinfund.org/
http://www.mintcointalk.com/
http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/
https://www.facebook.com/MintCoin
https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam

agree and i believe android app will be the catalyst for an increase in mint price
Activity: 53
yeah, nothing left to do but wait and see. in altcoins there are always pumps and rises at any time. so just hold. or sell at ridiculously low prices  Roll Eyes

Sell at ridiculously low prices is very unwise, its price will soon rise!
 Smiley Smiley
Activity: 230
As you all most likely know, I have been a very big supporter of Mintcoin almost from day one. I've put my heart and soul into Mintcoin for close to four months now, and have come to the realization that Mintcoin along with quite a few others, is not going to be what we all wanted it to be.

The crypto currency/altcoin world is driven by people who want to find an easier way to acquire Bitcoins. You can see this every day on the exchanges, everything is based on a Bitcoin. Altcoin miners have invested huge amounts of money to be able to mine the most profitable coins, and then exchange them for Bitcoins. Daytraders spend countless hours each and every day glued to their monitors watching the charts to find the next pumped coin.

Mintcoin was one of those coins, for a short period of time, and now it is no longer mineable so is no longer a profitable coin, thus it is forgotten about. You can look at pretty much every altcoin and see the same pattern, some took longer than others to attain good value, but sooner or later they all drop drastically in price and then become dormant. To get any altcoin to be accepted as a true and viable currency, it is going to take a whole lot more work than any of us are willing or capable of putting in.

Look at Bitcoin for example. There are people and corporations investing multi millions of dollars each and every day, and it is still no where near being accepted as a true and viable currency. Bitcoin and altcoins, for the foreseeable future, will only be a commodity such as gold or silver, they will not be true and viable currencies.

When it comes to Mintcoin, or any other altcoin, we all have to start looking at them as an easy way to acquire Bitcoins, even the developers of altcoins know this, and that's why you see so many altcoins being created, especially ones with premines or IPO's.

I have not sold any of my Mintcoins, and do not plan to either. They cost me nothing to sit in my wallet and mint new coins every 20 days or so, and maybe one day in the future a developer with new insight and determination will come along and take over the reins, and the Mintcoins I hold will then become more valuable than they are today. It took Bitcoin how many years before it was worth anything?Huh
Activity: 51
people need to stop selling there POS interest, just hold it for a while 
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

If you don't like what is happening then sell your MINT and leave the thread.  Thanks.

I love it. "I think money will magically appear and make me rich. If you disagree, you need to LEAVE US ALONE SO WE CAN GET RICH WHILE DOING NOTHING." It's that mentality that's holding back the project.

You come here and have nothing good to say.  You are just complaining and being negative.  Do you think that is helping?  I don't think so.

I asked a legitimate question. I asked what is going on to increase its value. I do this with any business I get involved with. If a business isn't producing anything that brings in value, it's a liability. I don't deal with liabilities. There's been no information about income-producing ventures with the coin, thus I assumed I missed something and was asking for an update as to what that was. Apparently there is nothing going on in that front, so that answered the question.

The past isn't as important as what is going on right now and into the future. 57 merchants? That's great. What's going on to bring on more right now? The goal should be expansion, not dormancy. Wal-Mart didn't say "alright, we got two stores set up, so we'll just sit back and hope to be billionaires." Fuck no. They said "We have two stores set up and a little income coming in. Now it's time to push our efforts further to keep increasing this." Many years later, they are still doing the same.

Treat the coin like a business because that's what it is. If you stop being proactive, it is absolutely going to die.
Activity: 51
hey guys i was thinking of starting a mint raffle website would people be interested in this??
i know its not going to help the coin to much but i just cant sit here and watch mint die. its to good of a coin to let that happen
Activity: 154

If you don't like what is happening then sell your MINT and leave the thread.  Thanks.

You come here and have nothing good to say.  You are just complaining and being negative.  Do you think that is helping?  I don't think so.
Activity: 210

-Mintcoin already has 57 merchants
-We are listed on all major alt coin exchanges, AND Bitcoin exchange Vault of Satoshi
-Coin control
-Android coming soon
-Pays 20% interest 1st year, 15% 2nd, 10%, and then 5% per every following year. Get paid every 20 days.

I guess I don't understand your question. We don't really need development at this point, other than maybe a bootstrap for the wallet download. An awareness campaign maybe?

The coin is fine, and really the only thing driving other coins at this point is hype. Hype has never really been the Mintcoin way. Mint took off like a rocket when it was announced because it was a brilliant, original idea. It still is! So I have no idea why the price is down so much. Mint is still the king of it's category(High interest PoS).

Things take time to develop,(foundation, and android wallet) but they are being worked on, and in the meantime I would suggest people pick up some cheap coin.

http://mintcoinfund.org/
http://www.mintcointalk.com/
http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/
https://www.facebook.com/MintCoin
https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam
legendary

Activity: 154

legendary

Activity: 210

Jump to: