Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 294. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
what is the mintcoin walletadres where I can sent mint to donate to the adroit wallet app?

Dev keep us posted if this tipping thing this guy mentioned is something we can use if so I will also donate to this
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Note to idiot selling 5BTC of MINT at 5 satoshi on mintpal:

come sell them at cryptsy, you can sell 2.5BTC of them instantly and I will thank you.
Activity: 136
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
just a normal cycle i called for these prices while others were saying 1000 sats weeks ago.

Its healthy.. now new devs can buy in and then innovate. Think of it like a company but without bailouts.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
you will never convince anyone to invest in a coin which loses its value over and over. at least it should stay at a certain level for some time. and if it's 1 or 2 that's fine. because of the staking it still is a good investment. but as long as it is losing value it can never attract new investors. just my opinion. wait till it finds a new ground.

This is so wrong it's ridiculous. So you're saying Bitcoin will never go back up because it went down in value 6 months in a row, right? The absurdity of your statement baffles me. And it's already been proven wrong (check out BTC over the past week).

Actually his statement isn't even an opinion it's fact. Remember this is a currency, and if the value of a currency keeps going down no one wants to get burned and invest. Not only that you will have many people dumping before it's worth nothing which in turn also drives the price down.

BTW. BTC is totally different from MINT you can compare it but it leads to nothing.

What may be able to save this coin is some exiting announcment, some big investor, a bigger dev team, an active community..

Please elaborate on how BTC and MINT are different. Aside from how coins are obtained (which is completely irrelevant in terms of value and investors), they are identical.
Activity: 307
Merit: 252
you will never convince anyone to invest in a coin which loses its value over and over. at least it should stay at a certain level for some time. and if it's 1 or 2 that's fine. because of the staking it still is a good investment. but as long as it is losing value it can never attract new investors. just my opinion. wait till it finds a new ground.

This is so wrong it's ridiculous. So you're saying Bitcoin will never go back up because it went down in value 6 months in a row, right? The absurdity of your statement baffles me. And it's already been proven wrong (check out BTC over the past week).

unfortunately you can't compare btc with mint. btc has thousands of projects which make it valuable. thousands of people with ideas working on making btc more valuable. thousands of people mining it. thousands of people speculating on it. mintcoin doesn't. mintcoin's strength lies in PoS. maybe the time isn't right for it yet. we'll have to wait. please tell me if you yourself are buying mintcoin right now. or if you also wait.

I'm buying MINT.

thank you for that. of course i will buy mint too. problem is i don't have money right now so the downward trend isn't that bad for me personally.  Grin
truth is most people in mintcoin can only spread the word about it's features. personally i don't have no coding skills or businesses. i think most people here don't do also. i also don't really think being on more exchanges or adding more small shops which accept mint will increase the price. i see mint as a bank. i want to put money in it and rely on the interest rate. most people in crypto are mining or pumping/dumping. wait for cryptos to become a thing every average joe can understand. i truly believe in PoS and i think this concept is best for the average consumer. i think Mint will do just fine when i can tell my friends "hey look, mintcoin price was stable for 3 months now. and i was gaining interest on my savings the whole time. so now i have 1,5% more. if you want some mint i will send you some". it is just my point of view. of course i try to make mint more popular by pushing features i believe in like the android wallet or the quickcoin thingy. but you can't rush things and i think everybody has just to figure out whether he believes in the concept of Mintcoin or doesn't. because it's the main thing which discerns mintcoin from the other coins.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Actually his statement isn't even an opinion it's fact. Remember this is a currency, and if the value of a currency keeps going down no one wants to get burned and invest. Not only that you will have many people dumping before it's worth nothing which in turn also drives the price down.

BTW. BTC is totally different from MINT you can compare it but it leads to nothing.

What may be able to save this coin is some exiting announcment, some big investor, a bigger dev team, an active community..
Activity: 154

unfortunately you can't compare btc with mint. btc has thousands of projects which make it valuable. thousands of people with ideas working on making btc more valuable. thousands of people mining it. thousands of people speculating on it. mintcoin doesn't. mintcoin's strength lies in PoS. maybe the time isn't right for it yet. we'll have to wait. please tell me if you yourself are buying mintcoin right now. or if you also wait.

I'm buying MINT.
legendary

I'm not buying MINT atm but it has nothing to do with its value; it has to do with the stagnant community with it. Coins are a business; if they aren't being PROactively monitored and marketed, they are never going to go anywhere. The MINT community appears to think that value is going to magically appear. If that were how things work, I'd set up tons of businesses locally and be rich. The simple fact is that this is the complete opposite of how things work.

legendary

legendary
3 months ago this coin was 40 satoshi now it's almost 4, who knows if it dies or get back to 40.

Yeh it's a shame, what happened I really dont understand.
Im not selling im still holding, because i believe people will see the advantages,
Of a coin that dont uses alot of electricity like bitcoin and also give's interest.

People are claiming that the premine was dumped. I think the issue is that (as far as I've seen lately at least) there has been no real community push to get the coin adopted by more people. It's been stagnant for at least a week now. People need to be more active in getting it value; not just hoping it will gain it on its own.
yeah, nothing left to do but wait and see. in altcoins there are always pumps and rises at any time. so just hold. or sell at ridiculously low prices  Roll Eyes
Activity: 364
3 months ago this coin was 40 satoshi now it's almost 4, who knows if it dies or get back to 40.
and also give's interest.

If the POS works... I had a friend who only got 3 MINT on 1,000,000 MINT over the period of a month. Wallet open the whole time Sad
Activity: 434
Merit: 511

Yeh it's a shame, what happened I really dont understand.
Im not selling im still holding, because i believe people will see the advantages,
Of a coin that dont uses alot of electricity like bitcoin and also give's interest.
legendary
Can someone tell me the max stake age?  I don't see it in the OP, thanks.

Yeah, so I have wallet v1.9.1 and it is always open yet I have coins from March 6th and April 14th that still have not staked.  All the other coins are staking fine.  And I'm not a complete moron but I most definitely did not read this entire thread. 

Can someone tell me the max stake age

Bonus: Why do I have coins from 3/6 and 4/14 that haven't staked yet?
Staking is a stochastic process. It may, it may not. Amount of coins in the transaction increase your chances.

Minimum required time is 20 days, there is no max time to generate a stake, but your interest won't increase after 40 days.

Your amounts in the transaction might be too low, it may be better to merge them into a single bigger transaction (and wait 20 days), or just use them when you're paying something.

"interest won't increase after 40 days"

Thanks,  that is exactly what I was looking for, I merged the transactions since they were too old.

Can someone please explain why there is a cap on interest accrual anyways? Is it just to push people into keeping their client open (at least once every 35d or so) or is there another reason?
Activity: 230
Activity: 429
Someone just bought up the 5 buy wall, 4 is next  Shocked
Jump to: