Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 297. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 252
guys, beside the android wallet is anything going on? any PR campaigns? what is/are the devs up to? any thoughts on adding anonymity features? they seem to be fancy right now.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
This is interesting. Do you mean that what the mintcoin's peer searching is by connecting the irc channel or by resolving the name cache server?
It was only IRC. It's now both.
Activity: 229
question 2 : can someone explain the difference from IRC seeding in comparison with DNS seeding? i saw it merged in GitHub per 15 may 2014 (Enabled DNS seeding by default, added 1 DNS seed)
IRC seeding works by mint client connecting to an IRC channel, sees all online mint clients' addresses, and tries connecting to them randomly. Some peers may reject connections, etc. It takes a while to get an initial connection to the network (especially for new users)

DNS seeding works by mint client resolving a DNS address. DNS query returns a list of 15-20 "best" IP addresses to connect to. Client connects to any of them and it succeeds.

There is a DNS seeder that is running and traversing network all the time. It keeps track of which nodes have the best uptime, their blockchain position, etc. When anyone queries the seeder, it returns a random list of best nodes it knows about.

This is interesting. Do you mean that what the mintcoin's peer searching is by connecting the irc channel or by resolving the name cache server?
Activity: 348
Merit: 250
question 2 : can someone explain the difference from IRC seeding in comparison with DNS seeding? i saw it merged in GitHub per 15 may 2014 (Enabled DNS seeding by default, added 1 DNS seed)
IRC seeding works by mint client connecting to an IRC channel, sees all online mint clients' addresses, and tries connecting to them randomly. Some peers may reject connections, etc. It takes a while to get an initial connection to the network (especially for new users)

DNS seeding works by mint client resolving a DNS address. DNS query returns a list of 15-20 "best" IP addresses to connect to. Client connects to any of them and it succeeds.

There is a DNS seeder that is running and traversing network all the time. It keeps track of which nodes have the best uptime, their blockchain position, etc. When anyone queries the seeder, it returns a random list of best nodes it knows about.

Thanks for your explanation of DNS seeding. I only had a very sketchy understanding of how it worked until I read your post.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Premine address is now empty and no one cares about it. Previous bag holders already dumped all their coins.

If its empty thats actually a good thing... any proof of this?

The problem is, they just redistribute to many multiple wallets to disguise what their intentions are. At this point it would be very difficult to tell.

There are similarities to Mint (and many cryptos) with the penny stock market.

Developer (promoter) builds the story, gets a group of insiders to provide fuel (excitement) in the forums while the price is rising, once the steam runs out, the insiders (and their cheerleaders in the forum) slowly wind things down while the price drops. They provide some buying support (market making) so the price doesn't crash.

After a quiet period and an eventual bottoming of the crypto/stock, they start winding things back up, member/cheerleaders reappear on the boards, big news stories and they even kick start the promotion with some buying.

It is what it is, you can't change the game. The only way to beat a developer/promoter at the game is to buy cheap, preferably as close to their actual cost was to set up and run the crypto/stock/game.

Then you wait.....I've waited years in some cases. If you're not prepared to wait, don't play the game.

Its nothing like the stock market. You cant develop open source software to help your stock.
Ie I help devcoin by creating a new business which devcoin funds and I give profits back to devcoin..

Its devcoinauctions.com. Now instantly devcoin is worth more. You can get off your ass and do something
about it instead of cheerlead. This is where open source wins. So if your project is not open source it will probably dwindle

Nice site!

Is it all custom software or have you used a script to wok from?

Its basically all custom although i started from a base but I changed it so much that really its all new.
legendary
Premine address is now empty and no one cares about it. Previous bag holders already dumped all their coins.

The problem is, they just redistribute to many multiple wallets to disguise what their intentions are. At this point it would be very difficult to tell.

Developer (promoter) builds the story, gets a group of insiders to provide fuel (excitement) in the forums while the price is rising, once the steam runs out, the insiders (and their cheerleaders in the forum) slowly wind things down while the price drops. They provide some buying support (market making) so the price doesn't crash.

After a quiet period and an eventual bottoming of the crypto/stock, they start winding things back up, member/cheerleaders reappear on the boards, big news stories and they even kick start the promotion with some buying.

It is what it is, you can't change the game. The only way to beat a developer/promoter at the game is to buy cheap, preferably as close to their actual cost was to set up and run the crypto/stock/game.

Then you wait.....I've waited years in some cases. If you're not prepared to wait, don't play the game.

Its nothing like the stock market. You cant develop open source software to help your stock.
Ie I help devcoin by creating a new business which devcoin funds and I give profits back to devcoin..

Its devcoinauctions.com. Now instantly devcoin is worth more. You can get off your ass and do something
about it instead of cheerlead. This is where open source wins. So if your project is not open source it will probably dwindle

I would have to agree/disagree, many small public companies develop projects that add value, exactly the same as projects that help add value to a coin. But my point is, MOST cryptos and MOST penny stock companies never amount to anything and there is often an underlying group of people using them to simply generate some "easy" money, without creating any true value at all.

If your money is tied up with them, best to understand the rules of the game.

Agree but takes alot more effortto setup a small business to help your penny stock no? Never even heard of this... except with this all u need is a computer and some drive.
So is anything going to be happening that may revive the coin or is it basically dead at this point?
for starters, first POS android client is on its way.

Activity: 453

Nice site!

Is it all custom software or have you used a script to wok from?

I would have to agree/disagree, many small public companies develop projects that add value, exactly the same as projects that help add value to a coin. But my point is, MOST cryptos and MOST penny stock companies never amount to anything and there is often an underlying group of people using them to simply generate some "easy" money, without creating any true value at all.

If your money is tied up with them, best to understand the rules of the game.
Activity: 307
Merit: 252
have you guys heard of http://www.quickcoin.co/? it lets you send btc REALLY easily to your facebook friends. much easier than all those tipbots. And they are working on implementing other social networks and whatsapp. I would suggest a bounty for them for a Mintcoin implementation. I would contribute 200k. You think we can get a couple BTC for this project?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

It being empty is not necessarily good (if it's true). It could mean that the lead person is out, and the project is stalling. This is far from optimal.
Activity: 229
I wrote an online Mint Music Player just now.

Mint Music Player - http://www.mint.tiv.cc/pdt/mint-player

The supported music format is ogg/ogv, so IE is not supported.
Firefox, chrome, opera, can play well.
Using html5, javascript, php.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
So is anything going to be happening that may revive the coin or is it basically dead at this point?
Activity: 317
Merit: 317
legendary
Just did my regular visit to mintpal and to my horror I saw mintcoin in the single digits, it was awful..  Sad

Yeah, I wonder why it went down so much. At least this is a good time to invest in more, :p.

It's still at 10 sats on poloniex. Maybe someone dumped a massive amount on mintpal and artificially lowered the price.

It's down to 8 on Cryptsy too though (people are dumping into that).

still waiting for 3 sats here Smiley

That is not gonna happen. There is too much intrinsic value with Mintcoin that it won't reach such levels anymore, maybe at the beginning. At this stage, we have reached the bottom and even dipped below it. It is heavily manipulated and will rise from here on out. There is a lot of development with the Android wallet and activities with the Fund.

Still drinking that koolaid? I said 5 sats and you said 1000 lol Looks like I win again. Next up 3 sats.. remember the size of the premine :p

It can definitely boost up, but MINT needs to be working on getting more publicity for the coin to make that happen. What is in the works right now to bring on new investors?

I dont think any serious investor will touch it until that huge premine is dealt with especially since hes so frugile about it. I would want to see the address and see that over time the coins are spent not kept.

I think you're one of the few people on this board who actually understands what has unfolded in regards this coin.

There have been numerous claims about the pre-mine - without many facts. If I was the developer and I had legitimate intentions about using the pre-mine to help develop the coin I would have made the accounts holding the pre-mine public record - TRANSPARENCY.
Not doing this at the outset was the red flag.

But in the spirit of having a little fun with our near worthless holdings, I'll continue to post some prop art/ads, if only for entertainment value at this point.

I was waiting for someone to give me the premine addy but seems like its seriously annonymous.. big red flag in my books. No thanks. I was thinking about buying at 3 sats for giggles but dunno.
Just did my regular visit to mintpal and to my horror I saw mintcoin in the single digits, it was awful..  Sad

Yeah, I wonder why it went down so much. At least this is a good time to invest in more, :p.

It's still at 10 sats on poloniex. Maybe someone dumped a massive amount on mintpal and artificially lowered the price.

It's down to 8 on Cryptsy too though (people are dumping into that).

still waiting for 3 sats here Smiley

That is not gonna happen. There is too much intrinsic value with Mintcoin that it won't reach such levels anymore, maybe at the beginning. At this stage, we have reached the bottom and even dipped below it. It is heavily manipulated and will rise from here on out. There is a lot of development with the Android wallet and activities with the Fund.

Still drinking that koolaid? I said 5 sats and you said 1000 lol Looks like I win again. Next up 3 sats.. remember the size of the premine :p

It can definitely boost up, but MINT needs to be working on getting more publicity for the coin to make that happen. What is in the works right now to bring on new investors?

I dont think any serious investor will touch it until that huge premine is dealt with especially since hes so frugile about it. I would want to see the address and see that over time the coins are spent not kept.

I think you're one of the few people on this board who actually understands what has unfolded in regards this coin.

There have been numerous claims about the pre-mine - without many facts. If I was the developer and I had legitimate intentions about using the pre-mine to help develop the coin I would have made the accounts holding the pre-mine public record - TRANSPARENCY.
Not doing this at the outset was the red flag.

But in the spirit of having a little fun with our near worthless holdings, I'll continue to post some prop art/ads, if only for entertainment value at this point.

Jump to: