Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 311. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
Come on... let's get active here people! There is selling going on @ 9! What the heck?! We need more activity, and more enthusiasm!!

Weak hands are weak.

Everybody buy while they're cheap!

There is heavy price manipulation towards the downtrend on both Mintpal and Cryptsy. Basically, people with money are doing what they can to gain ownership of a large percentage of Mintcoins by suppressing the price beyond the limits of the current buy support. They can also profit while doing this.

Example. I start with 30 BTC.

I find a coin that has a stable price and currently needs low volume buy support.

1. Buy 10 BTC worth of Mintcoin at the lowest available price.

2. Place a series of small buy walls 1-3 BTC each leading up to current price. (example: 3 BTC buy order at 10 satoshi, 1.5 BTC buy order at 9 satoshi, 1 BTC buy order at 8 satoshi...)

3. Place several 5 BTC sell walls up with the MINT you bought. (Example continuing from above: I would put two sell orders of Mintcoins worth 5BTC for each sell order. I would place them at 12 and 11 Sats.)

This will cause impatient people to want to jump over your 5 BTC sell walls so they can just get rid of their coins and not wait for buyers to eat through the sell walls. So they sell to the whale at 10 Satoshis. The whale then takes his new Mintcoin, and puts them up at 11 satoshis. He then waits for buyers to eat into the coins he just flipped, and uses profits to pad his buy orders at a lower satoshi price. This way, as long as more people are selling than buying, he constantly gets a fresh supply of mint to keep the sell walls up so that buyers never eat through them.

In the above scenario, since there is less buy support than sell pressure, the coin price slowly goes down. The whale then moves all his buy orders down to the next satoshi and repeats the process.

The only way to combat this is to create enough buy support to overcome sell pressure. That will happen through development milestones (android wallet, Mintcoin fund adverts, etc.), word of mouth/natural increased awareness, marketing efforts, and as general public and world-wide awareness of crypto currencies increases.

What coins will they buy when they become aware of the usefulness of the coins? The goal is to make sure MINTCOIN has a shot at being a first-draft pick so to speak. Mintcoin has many attractive qualities that could very well make it a viable currency/store of value for any number of countries, causes, etc. I see real potential for mass adoption over time.

One thing is always certain when it comes to selling a product to new customers: you have to sell to their interests, or they will look you over and choose the next product that does. I believe that as long as people keep plugging away at creating awareness, innovating whenever possible, and continuing to foster and further a truly positive, vibrant community that reflects the perceived value of Mintcoin as something other than just another useless crypto-coin, then the coin will succeed. 

I think the android wallet is huge. It is important for all investors that once we have a working app in hand, we spread the news and links far and wide as possible. Also, that would be an excellent time to fill mint faucets and have some give-aways and photoshop contests and such.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
Come on... let's get active here people! There is selling going on @ 9! What the heck?! We need more activity, and more enthusiasm!!

Weak hands are weak.

Everybody buy while they're cheap!
Activity: 546
PGP 9CB0902E
Hey fellow Mintcoiner's,

The @FreeMintCoin Reserve account has now minted 90952.91123 MINT on top of the 2 Million holding.

I'm considering loading the first 50 accounts created at https://mywl.lt - if / when we can get Mintcoin up voted onto this online wallet service. Each newly registered user would receive 2000 MINT (in this 1st round of 50 accounts).

See: https://mywl.lt/voting to start voting and/or to create your own account.

I'll make an announcement via the Mintcoin Forum - http://www.mintcointalk.com/ and post details in a new topic.

Online web wallets are perhaps an odd type of service for crypto-currencies and for Mintcoin in particular, but forum member everybodyclapyohands has built a useful and secure service here and this site is as trustworthy as any. It makes for a unique method of distribution at least.

As an early Digitalcoin and Securecoin supporter, the option for another combined merchant service including Mintcoin, could be very useful. 

See: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mywllt-online-wallet-service-vote-for-your-coin-round-3-577248

There are only 400+ votes that are keeping Mint on the second place as of now, Mint can do this!
•   Unregistered users may vote 1 time every 12 hours
•   Registered users may vote 5 times every 12 hours. Registration is free.
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
hope MINT does better.i was so happy when i got in for 0000007
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Thank you BitcoinFX! I just created an account.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
Hey fellow Mintcoiner's,

The @FreeMintCoin Reserve account has now minted 90952.91123 MINT on top of the 2 Million holding.

I'm considering loading the first 50 accounts created at https://mywl.lt - if / when we can get Mintcoin up voted onto this online wallet service. Each newly registered user would receive 2000 MINT (in this 1st round of 50 accounts).

See: https://mywl.lt/voting to start voting and/or to create your own account.

I'll make an announcement via the Mintcoin Forum - http://www.mintcointalk.com/ and post details in a new topic.

Online web wallets are perhaps an odd type of service for crypto-currencies and for Mintcoin in particular, but forum member everybodyclapyohands has built a useful and secure service here and this site is as trustworthy as any. It makes for a unique method of distribution at least.

As an early Digitalcoin and Securecoin supporter, the option for another combined merchant service including Mintcoin, could be very useful.  

See: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mywllt-online-wallet-service-vote-for-your-coin-round-3-577248

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
need help can seem to figure out why wallet 1.9.1 says minting 1 days then reopen wallet next day 22 hours and then today it says back to 1 days Huh?
Hi,

I wrote a PoS guide. It is certainly full of mistake, could you please review it? Thank you.

How PoS works
Activity: 230
I've been discussing the mintcoinj library with paspi and have sent him the link to the front-end android wallet source.  I feel terrible for letting this project languish but I've had some big projects at my day job dominating my time.  I'm looking forward to the success of this project. 

Go Seahawks!

That's great news I hope he's able to complete this project sooner now that you've sent him that.

Oh, and it's GO PACKERS....
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I've been discussing the mintcoinj library with paspi and have sent him the link to the front-end android wallet source.  I feel terrible for letting this project languish but I've had some big projects at my day job dominating my time.  I'm looking forward to the success of this project. 

Go Seahawks!
Activity: 504
Hoqu.io – Tokensale is live
thank you everyone for there help ...
checkwallet found mismatch 290k coins ...
and than repairwallet corrected the balance!
Thank you again!
Activity: 574
There is no point in holding mints in sell walls. Let them sweat new coins in a wallet Smiley
Activity: 269
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
The numbers with Mintpal are pretty scary right now. Anyone who just jumped on Mintpal to look at buying MINTCOIN for the first time will see a gigantic, never-ending sea of sell walls.

The only thing that can plow through those kind of numbers is suddenly having a lot more adoption with a good percentage of people deciding to hold their coins instead of flipping them 10 sats higher than they bought them for.

The two things Mintcoin has looming that would be good for the coin are the Android wallet with PoS capability, and the Mintcoin fund.

Both of these things are great, but will be useless without wide-spread publicity. We will need marketing efforts to go along with the efforts already being put in to other aspects of the coin. We could build a giant Mintcoin Transformer that can fly, but the price of Mintcoin would not go up unless people knew about it.

Are there any plans already in place for developing media contacts, contracting article writers, getting large twitter accounts involved, etc? If the android wallet is close, there is greater need to get marketing ready now.

With the right exposure, we can all have a great time watching adoption, and thus price, rise.

We need some pretty Mintcoin cheerleaders or something.  Cheesy
Activity: 185
Did you try running "checkwallet" in debug window? It fixes 99% of the problems. If it reports anything, backup your wallet.dat, and run "repairwallet". (Make sure you're running on 1.8+ versions, 1.9.1 is better)

ok, I have the strangest problem ...
1. backup wallet.dat
2. downloaded new wallet
3. run new wallet n allow it to sync
now ...
wallet only shows 7895 coins ... yet I had 300k

gets weirder ...
in my trasnactions list it shows all my coins and proves to me that no coins ever left my wallet or were "sent anywhere"
but they are all gone from my wallets balance ...
ANY HELP PLEASE.
im completely stumped here.!

post screenshots that show issue please, no one can help until they see what the problem is
Activity: 434
mint coin ...no any future of this coin

Someone set up us the bomb.

I'd like to thank you mintcoin, for when I was choosing between you and blackcoin to put a nice early game investment down I chose you, and at that price you have remained.  Steady as a fucking rock, thank you mintcoin.

All your Mints are belong to us!

I'd like to thank you mintcoin, for when I was choosing between you and blackcoin to put a nice early game investment down I chose you, and at that price you have remained.  Steady as a fucking rock, thank you mintcoin.

Mintcoins need to suffer many cycles of shuffle, then the bad player's cards will be rushed.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10

I'd like to thank you mintcoin, for when I was choosing between you and blackcoin to put a nice early game investment down I chose you, and at that price you have remained.  Steady as a fucking rock, thank you mintcoin.
Activity: 364
1. backup wallet.dat
2. downloaded new wallet
now ...

gets weirder ...
in my trasnactions list it shows all my coins and proves to me that no coins ever left my wallet or were "sent anywhere"
ANY HELP PLEASE.

post screenshots that show issue please, no one can help until they see what the problem is
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Mega download works for me.V1.9 is cool!
1. backup wallet.dat
2. downloaded new wallet
now ...

gets weirder ...
ANY HELP PLEASE.

You described the problem, but there are many reasons of the problem. So you should digg and give us more information.
Jump to: