Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 319. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
The client doesn't mint according to a schedule, not does it mint an exactly specific amount. It finds blocks and you get a reward based on the transactions in the blocks you find.

There is an existing factor of variability that is inherent to the process.

Read and understand about PoS
I give up...
Found another error in 1.9.1 today but i just skip saying what it is because you guys just "it works as intended, just read how pos works yada yada...."
Keep ignoring the errors i move on...

simply post the screenshots that shows what the problem or error is and then when someone tries to help you, follow their advice

Activity: 493
Merit: 500
I will say that I am also getting exactly jack and shit in terms of minting coins, since upgrading to 1.8 and then 1.9. Seriously I was consistently minting several times every single day then since upgrade I get maybe 1 minting of half the previous amount, every 1-2 days. Something is fucked up. I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I'm just rolling with the 1.8 wallet. 1.9.1 doesn't seem to mint like 1.8. I know, "it's the same code, ect...". This doesn't explain why people are having this issue though.

Why is it that I had 1.9.1 open all day and nothing happened, but then I open up 1.8 and stake right away? I don't know, and I don't have time to understand this between school, work, and E.Cs.

The answers I'm getting arn't helpful and dodge the question : why are people having a different experience staking with the 1.9.1 wallet? This isn't an isolated happening. Something is different.

I'm still concerned about having staked less coins this time around. It's not logical

I appreciate the work being done, I'm just offering my experience with the new wallet. I get the frustration of being the person who knows what's going on and trying to explain to people who don't have the same techincal skills. Again, if I had the time I could throw the concepts around in my head but I simply don't right now, but I'm at least going to offer feedback with how new software is working for me.

Did you read our explanations about how minting/staking works? Until now, everyone who claimed having issues with minting with 1.9.1 are proven to be mistaken. Maybe you are the first one who honestly has an issue with 1.9.1 wallet minting. For this i will need  to see your coin control window printout together with explanation, why you think its not working correctly. You could either put it here or send me a link to it by PM. I can verify from blockchain and see if theres a reason for concern.
I quess i must repeat one more time that staked inputs often split. You can clearly follow see all that happening from coin control.
For example. If you staked today for 30K coins, then next time you will get 2 x 15K coins. Amounts also depend on time. When you will get your stake and how it will scale with 20% yearly interest rate.
All static coins end up with 20% yearly interes on first year. This does not mean that you will get equal amount on each payout period.

it clicked, I understand now
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
VOTE FOR MINTCOIN
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
It may be that you're using 1.9.0 instead of 1.9.1 ; or maybe there are multiple links of 1.9.1 announced and one had a problem (which I doubt, but still possible. Maybe one of the links was updated a few minues after the 1.9.1 announcement and you used wrong link before it was fixed, I don't know).

Make sure you are using 1.9.1 binary from the original post. Don't use community compiled versions with extras unless you really have to. If you still have minting issues from that binary on original post, put a screenshot of your coin control window so we can comment on it.

FYI; I checked links of all announced downloads ;

1. Main post, link titled "Windows (1.9.1):"
2. Link from main post to http://mintcoin.cc/download-wallet/ ; Windows wallet logo on left
3. mintcoin.cc same page, "Alternative Link" button on right bottom

They all point to the same link ending with "CY4mw", so they are the same. Maybe you used a different resource?
Activity: 325
https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest?locale=enHello minters

we still have the change to show our support for our first project on mintcoifund.
We have 3 days left to get another 48 people.
So if we work together its easy.
Please support   

I'll support the project. We need 47 people now .

Sweeet. Thank you. We only need 39 more people now. https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest?locale=enHello

Nice guys. Just 32 left!
Can someone used to reddit, post it again there? With the option that if we reach the goal, i will donate 1 million mintcoins to the project.
Cheers

here we go we did it!! thanks for the support and as i said, i just donated 1 milllion Mintcoins to http://mint.blockx.info/get/address/MoruzHEsSxBYDV8WWYTALuv5Rrccn1FAyP

From our budget allocated to the MintCoin Fund, 10 million are for this project, I just sent 5M.  The remaining 5 will be sent when the Fund will be officially registered.
Activity: 210
The client doesn't mint according to a schedule, not does it mint an exactly specific amount. It finds blocks and you get a reward based on the transactions in the blocks you find.

I give up...
Found another error in 1.9.1 today but i just skip saying what it is because you guys just "it works as intended, just read how pos works yada yada...."

https://github.com/mintcoinproject/mintcoin/commits/master

Heres exact change log. Could you point to the error please. I cant see anything wrong with changes. Im sure, everyone here would say big thank you to you and surely mintcointeam would pay you a bonus for your trouble.
"Unlock for minting only" does not work.
This was said to be solved but i can still send coins without being prompted for password
Activity: 84
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

I give up...

Please share any errors! Lets not let wallet issues drive a wedge through the community. Issues like this can always be worked out.
Activity: 546
I will say that I am also getting exactly jack and shit in terms of minting coins, since upgrading to 1.8 and then 1.9. Seriously I was consistently minting several times every single day then since upgrade I get maybe 1 minting of half the previous amount, every 1-2 days. Something is fucked up. I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I'm just rolling with the 1.8 wallet. 1.9.1 doesn't seem to mint like 1.8. I know, "it's the same code, ect...". This doesn't explain why people are having this issue though.

Why is it that I had 1.9.1 open all day and nothing happened, but then I open up 1.8 and stake right away? I don't know, and I don't have time to understand this between school, work, and E.Cs.

The answers I'm getting arn't helpful and dodge the question : why are people having a different experience staking with the 1.9.1 wallet? This isn't an isolated happening. Something is different.

I'm still concerned about having staked less coins this time around. It's not logical

I appreciate the work being done, I'm just offering my experience with the new wallet. I get the frustration of being the person who knows what's going on and trying to explain to people who don't have the same techincal skills. Again, if I had the time I could throw the concepts around in my head but I simply don't right now, but I'm at least going to offer feedback with how new software is working for me.

Did you read our explanations about how minting/staking works? Until now, everyone who claimed having issues with minting with 1.9.1 are proven to be mistaken. Maybe you are the first one who honestly has an issue with 1.9.1 wallet minting. For this i will need  to see your coin control window printout together with explanation, why you think its not working correctly. You could either put it here or send me a link to it by PM. I can verify from blockchain and see if theres a reason for concern.
I quess i must repeat one more time that staked inputs often split. You can clearly follow see all that happening from coin control.
For example. If you staked today for 30K coins, then next time you will get 2 x 15K coins. Amounts also depend on time. When you will get your stake and how it will scale with 20% yearly interest rate.
All static coins end up with 20% yearly interes on first year. This does not mean that you will get equal amount on each payout period.

I give up...

https://github.com/mintcoinproject/mintcoin/commits/master

Heres exact change log. Could you point to the error please. I cant see anything wrong with changes. Im sure, everyone here would say big thank you to you and surely mintcointeam would pay you a bonus for your trouble.
Activity: 273
I give up...

Be so kind and post those errors for us, will you ?
1.9.1 seems been working fine for me, but there are more experienced people around

I give up...
Activity: 429
Did I read that the redwood fundraiser was a success, that's great!

*edit* yup

http://mintcoinfund.org/thunderclap-goals-met-thank-everyone/
Activity: 364

Not saying that there wasn't hostility on both sides or anything, but we should all keep in mind that not everyone on here is equally technical and if we want the community to grow that's going to require non-geeks to come to the table. Ergo we should probably not be assholes when someone asks a question that has already been answered, and we shouldn't get frustrated when saying RTFM doesn't help them because, they don't really understand the aforementioned manual.

Its been said many many times in last few pages, that 1.9.1 wallet minting is fine and works correctly. He didnt even care enought to provide details of hes problem or read just one-two page back to get hes answers.
Instead he called us being hostile and dicks when i simply said that "please stop making up problems which dont exist". Did not insult him any way. Simply said that 1.9.1 is working just fine.
This person doesnt give a rats ass about our explanations and help. Why should we care about him/her?

It might be working correctly but there could also be a problem going between versions. For example, I was on the 1.8.1 wallet, and it reported I had six days before I could expect a reward. Then I upgraded to 1.9.1 and now it's giving me twenty two days?? My concern is that changing between versions is wiping a record of the age of my coins or something.
I might fall under the geek category since i've been working as a programmer for 17 years now but my wallet didn't stake for several days after i installed 1.9.1.
So yesterday i went back to 1.8 and it staked within 10 minutes and continued to stake several times every hour as before.
Today i re-downloaded 1.9.1 and now it is staking just as fine as 1.8.
I have no idea why??
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
Not saying that there wasn't hostility on both sides or anything, but we should all keep in mind that not everyone on here is equally technical and if we want the community to grow that's going to require non-geeks to come to the table. Ergo we should probably not be assholes when someone asks a question that has already been answered, and we shouldn't get frustrated when saying RTFM doesn't help them because, they don't really understand the aforementioned manual.

Its been said many many times in last few pages, that 1.9.1 wallet minting is fine and works correctly. He didnt even care enought to provide details of hes problem or read just one-two page back to get hes answers.
Instead he called us being hostile and dicks when i simply said that "please stop making up problems which dont exist". Did not insult him any way. Simply said that 1.9.1 is working just fine.
This person doesnt give a rats ass about our explanations and help. Why should we care about him/her?

It might be working correctly but there could also be a problem going between versions. For example, I was on the 1.8.1 wallet, and it reported I had six days before I could expect a reward. Then I upgraded to 1.9.1 and now it's giving me twenty two days?? My concern is that changing between versions is wiping a record of the age of my coins or something.
Activity: 90
https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest?locale=enHello minters

we still have the change to show our support for our first project on mintcoifund.
We have 3 days left to get another 48 people.
So if we work together its easy.
Please support   

I'll support the project. We need 47 people now .

Sweeet. Thank you. We only need 39 more people now. https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest?locale=enHello

Nice guys. Just 32 left!
Can someone used to reddit, post it again there? With the option that if we reach the goal, i will donate 1 million mintcoins to the project.
Cheers

here we go we did it!! thanks for the support and as i said, i just donated 1 milllion Mintcoins to http://mint.blockx.info/get/address/MoruzHEsSxBYDV8WWYTALuv5Rrccn1FAyP

Activity: 229

Good idea. How to promote mintcoin to non-geeks? I am not a geek because I have very a little knowledge about computer although others don't think so but in fact I am really know a little.
Activity: 182
Jump to: