Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 372. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
我们想在中国宣传MINT,因为我想会很受欢迎,目前MINTCOIN在中国知道的人还非常少,了解它的人更少,所以我觉得可以做。

I agree, I think it would be a good idea to focus some marketing towards China.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Hi everyone,

I created a Linux wallet for non Debian Linuxes (specifically, for Arch and Manjaro).

You can download it on mintcoin-central.com/downloads it is called "Wallet 1.8 Linux (Arch/Manjaro) with coin control". I will upload it on mintcoin.cc as soon as possible. It doesn't have coin control yet since I am using the official git.

Please notice this is my very first compilation. It works for me but it might not for you. PM me!

Now that I finally can get a secure Wallet (i.e. not on a Windows VM), expect some more news!

Credit given where credit is due: thanks to lonely@thetop for  the solution.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I moved it from the exchange to my own wallet something like 2 weeks ago, thanks for the explanation and have a nice day.

No problem, if it was about 2 weeks ago then you probably need to wait another week or so for the coins to start minting. You can check coin age if you have the newest wallet ( 1.8 ) by enabling "coin control" under settings and then going to send coins and I believe there is a button there that says "inputs" (sorry I don't have the wallet in front of me.)
Activity: 307
Merit: 252
Android wallet update 2:

Hey paspi, amazing news!

I've read your post a couple of times now. And still I don't fully understand the way the wallet works or the possible problem.  Roll Eyes Maybe you could explain it using an example? I'm not that techy so please keep it simple. I would really like to help you.

Do you see any possibility of a malfunction or a possible scam when the android wallet you're developing uses only the transactions of the last 40 days?

Is this problem only relevant for the minting process or is it necessary to have the whole blockchain on the android device in order to simply send and receive mintcoins?

Maybe it is possible to verify only some blocks of the blockchain instead of having the whole blockchain on the android device. I mean additionally to the blocks from the last 40 days maybe only verify the 100th or the 10000th block of the blockchain. That way it is secured that the correct blockchain is used? Or is it another problem?

Also maybe it is possible to mint using the android device without securing the network? (<-sound stupid but i mean it). As long as enough wallets are run on the laptops and pcs the network is secure.

Thank you for your efforts and your explanations!
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
我们想在中国宣传MINT,因为我想会很受欢迎,目前MINTCOIN在中国知道的人还非常少,了解它的人更少,所以我觉得可以做。
Can someone tell me what is wrong with the wallet?  

I suspect some of the nodes in the conf file need to be deleted/banned
Can someone tell me which ones?

Current number of blocks:  254061
Estimated total blocks:  265643  <-----------------------

from console

11581 blocks remaining

The incorrect nodes need to be banned.

Then suddenly it says it is synced again:

Current number of blocks:  254079
Estimated total blocks:  254071  <--------------------------

"wallet check passed" : true
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
It is unlocked but I open it occassionally. Even if I bought the mintcoins from the stock exchange and transferred them to my wallet, I would get an interest in an interval like every 20 days right?

I am not 100% sure what you mean. The "age" of the coins resets every time you move them. So like if you bought 10 days ago on an exchange, then transferred to your own wallet today, the age of the coins is now 0 not 10 days old.

Also, it isn't exactly every 20 days. It cannot happen until they are at least 20 days old but there is no guarantee that it will happen immediately at the 20-day mark. Most of mine happen at 23-25 days or so as I said earlier.

I moved it from the exchange to my own wallet something like 2 weeks ago, thanks for the explanation and have a nice day.

Hey welt it sounds like you may just need to leave your wallet open and unlocked for longer. Minting is a lot like mining where the number of coins you have and their coinage are analogous to your hashpower- the more coins you have to stake and the greater their coinage the more likely you are to find a block. I usually leave mine open and unlocked for a few hours when it is time to mint. Also, you may have already said this and I missed it, but what wallet are you using?
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Coaex, precious metals store, is now accepting MintCoin, buy Gold and Silver bars!

http://www.coaex.com/now-accept-mintcoin-payments/

They also offer to create Customized Gold Bars with MintCoin logo if you are interested!

If you guys prepare some MintCoin images for us, we can gladly feature these products on our store and produce these upon customer’s demand. As you may notice from this request, Coaex is a community-driven company, growing with its customers.  We will soon prepare some templates, write a guideline how to create these images but in general, the image sizes are 640 x 1000 px or bigger.
Activity: 7
It is unlocked but I open it occassionally. Even if I bought the mintcoins from the stock exchange and transferred them to my wallet, I would get an interest in an interval like every 20 days right?

I am not 100% sure what you mean. The "age" of the coins resets every time you move them. So like if you bought 10 days ago on an exchange, then transferred to your own wallet today, the age of the coins is now 0 not 10 days old.

Also, it isn't exactly every 20 days. It cannot happen until they are at least 20 days old but there is no guarantee that it will happen immediately at the 20-day mark. Most of mine happen at 23-25 days or so as I said earlier.

I have the wallet for one month, when will I start getting the interest mates? Plus I agree that some people sell the mintcoins they mine very cheap, they should be slower.

Have you been keeping it open, and more importantly unlocked? I typically get minted coins when my coin age reaches around 23-25 days old for a given "chunk" of coins. But if your wallet is not unlocked, you won't get anything.

Activity: 42
once we hit 5% it will stay 5% until we hit 70bil coins and then all pos will stop as the coin is capped at 70bill unlike BC witch has no coin cap and poses at 1% but enough bout BC that coin suckssss
does any one have a rough estimate of when we will hit 70bill coins? how many years or months of 5% pos will there be?

Is this true? I know it was later posted that someone estimates we will hit 70bil coins around 2036, however the bigger issues is - what happens when minting stops altogether? What is going to secure the network? Will people who leave their wallet open and unlocked receive shares of whatever transaction fees are paid, and their wallets will be securing the transactions?

Imagine BC that only pays 1% annually to secure the network...

we an make it 1% on 2036 and that 1% is gonna be huugeee because of the future prices.

Mint is more secure than BC, BC is low early reward POS, like DOGE is low early reward POW. Fails..
I have the wallet for one month, when will I start getting the interest mates? Plus I agree that some people sell the mintcoins they mine very cheap, they should be slower.

Have you been keeping it open, and more importantly unlocked? I typically get minted coins when my coin age reaches around 23-25 days old for a given "chunk" of coins. But if your wallet is not unlocked, you won't get anything.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Proving your stake is what secures the network. Not the work of minting. For now there is a time limit (coin age)associated with creating this proof, but after minting  is over coin age will irrelevant as far as this factor is concerned. People will just have to connect to the network to prove their stake, ie open their wallet, thus securing the network.
Activity: 51
once we hit 5% it will stay 5% until we hit 70bil coins and then all pos will stop as the coin is capped at 70bill unlike BC witch has no coin cap and poses at 1% but enough bout BC that coin suckssss
does any one have a rough estimate of when we will hit 70bill coins? how many years or months of 5% pos will there be?

Is this true? I know it was later posted that someone estimates we will hit 70bil coins around 2036, however the bigger issues is - what happens when minting stops altogether? What is going to secure the network? Will people who leave their wallet open and unlocked receive shares of whatever transaction fees are paid, and their wallets will be securing the transactions?

its fine it will completely stop inflation and cause the price to jump up as the coins will be considered more rare, we have over 30 something years be for that happens and there's plenty of time for massive growth in the community. we have much bigger issues with crypto right now like security and the governments of this planet, they are starting to get scared of crypto over running there currency's so we dont even know if it will be here in 20 years. my guess is that it will be as its better cheaper and faster than old paper money, i like to think of it as the evolution of money. so sit back and enjoy the mintcoin ride where here to stay!.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust

Well , I guess we can worry for other things till then

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
MINT is too PPL~
But why does't more people like to buy it?

This coin need a lot of time to get more popular. perhaps one day it will have more attention from members, but ... time is what MINT need.
Activity: 51
Am I the only one who really-really misses a block explore that works?
no your not the only one, this topic is on reddit to

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/235q25/mintcoin_explorers_down/
Jump to: