Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 376. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
20 days passed from my last minting

my wallet is 1.8, it is unlocked, and synchro..nothing happened...

@mintcointeam is it possible to check my wallet address?
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Im curious to know why the multipool has not had much impact on price and can only come to 1 conclusion.  The POS interest rate seems to actually be holding this coin back for now. If I were to guess I think a lot of people just sell thier interest.

But if we make little a calculation:

18756335526 Mintcoins now
if we have 20% for the first year it is about 1,66 % per month
that means 1,66% from 18756335526 is = 311355169 ( per month )

311355169 divided per 30 days is = 10378505 coins per day

with the current price (16) it is a sell presure of = 1.66 BTC ( 24 h sell presure)

I know its going to change more over the months but its really not that much, isn it?
And that is just happening if everybody is selling their minted coins.

cheers
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
Im curious to know why the multipool has not had much impact on price and can only come to 1 conclusion.  The POS interest rate seems to actually be holding this coin back for now. If I were to guess I think a lot of people just sell thier interest.

That's like saying what is holding back Bitcoin is miners selling what they mine. There's more to it than that. Also Mint has seen a rise lately, it was at 14 sat not long ago, now it's 18, and it will be above 20 before too much longer  Wink
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
You can point your miners to "stratum+tcp://mnt.coins4everyone.com:3445" and go have party -> we'll do the work for you ;-)
You miner will retry automatically until it can connect to our stratum.
As soon as the wallet is online, we'll compile it and run the stratum -> then your miner will connect successfully and mine many coins.

Just don't forget to create your account and worker on the pool before leaving and double check your miner's parameters (address, port, username, workername & password).

The page: mnt.coins4everyone.com do not seam to be online?

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/mnt.coins4everyone.com

mining mintcoin is over, it was only for the first 5 weeks if you still want to mine use the multipool at hashcows and it will mine the most profitable coin and sell it automatically for mint
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
You can point your miners to "stratum+tcp://mnt.coins4everyone.com:3445" and go have party -> we'll do the work for you ;-)
As soon as the wallet is online, we'll compile it and run the stratum -> then your miner will connect successfully and mine many coins.

Just don't forget to create your account and worker on the pool before leaving and double check your miner's parameters (address, port, username, workername & password).

The page: mnt.coins4everyone.com do not seam to be online?

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/mnt.coins4everyone.com
Activity: 826
Merit: 102

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
Price is pretty stable @17 for the last 18 hours - nice Smiley
Activity: 546
Holy Sh*t, did you guys are watching the megadump/panic sell on BC right now? From 50000 to 26900 in minutes Shocked

BC is being played by one or very few people. I did warn their forum community about this, but i was flagged as "hater" .
Just look at Mintpal candles and follow the orders a little while. What happened is the following:

Someone with million dollars to play with, gradually bought BC up. Most of the small players bought in from middle or on top, because they thought BC to rise some more.
First megasell happened at 62K and this should have been red flag for enyone who is capable of thinking strategically. Because price spiked down extremely fast. Clear indicator of one seller, not just normal market behaviour.
Whale let it settle and created new euforia. BC price went even higher than it was before. Price reached 89K. Whale dumped another huge amount. He let market to recover and buy orders to gradually pile up until at 64K he made 3rd big sell. And another at 54K and 42K.
Now all small "investors" are panic selling and price will fall some more.
Probably soon that whale is going to buy in again...

Same thing can happen with any coin. Also with Mintcoin. So please be careful.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
True, but I'm doing this as a test so if my MAC crashes, I will be able to get my wallet.dat from a usb and load it on another machine. Doing this for security, but it's just too complicated without someone showing me.
Cant you just do file-backup waller and save it on your usb?
But then i dont know how to import it in you other wallet without using the file system (there are no file-import as far as i know..)
Activity: 51
welcome to mintcoin new people this is how to encrypt your mintcoin wallet (encrypting will not affect coin age)
but remember to unlock every 20 days to receive your fresh new mintcoins  Grin

video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jglmkwlpyM&feature=youtube_gdata

step by step -
1. click settings
2. click encrypt wallet
3. type password (do not forget your password)
and its that easy

to unlock
1. click the unlock bar at bottom of wallet
2. type password

tip - when backing up your wallet back it up with the password on for extra security (back up to a different pc or a usb or cloud service)
tip - if you close your wallet with it unlocked it will automatically lock again

also see where you rank on the mintcoin richlist!!

website - http://mint.blockx.info/richlist/
True, but I'm doing this as a test so if my MAC crashes, I will be able to get my wallet.dat from a usb and load it on another machine. Doing this for security, but it's just too complicated without someone showing me.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1007
Holy Sh*t, did you guys are watching the megadump/panic sell on BC right now? From 50000 to 26900 in minutes Shocked
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
I have a pretty basic question, and would appreciate anyone to give me advice.

1. How do I change my wallet from one pc to the next with all the data/coins

2. I want a backup in case my computer crashes. Do I simply copy the backup dat file to a storage disk?

Sorry for the basic Question, but I'm no computer wiz Wink

1. Download Mint wallet on the PC you wish to transfer to, open it and let it sync. Then copy your wallet.dat file over and add it into the folder. Smiley Re-open wallet, see your coins. Smiley

2. To backup your wallet, all you need to do, is keep that wallet.dat in a safe place, USB stick, dropbox, whatever you like. Smiley I'd rename it something like Mint-Backup-15-April.dat, then when you want to open it up, rename it to wallet.dat again and boom. Smiley

Thanks so much for your help, but I'm using a mac (I forgot to mention).

I've synched a new wallet on my other mac, but copying the dat file sounds simple, but I just can't do it. This has to be way way more simple in the furture if Cryptos are to become more mainstream. All the online help files say "simply copy the dat file to the folder" , but I see no folder. Just the wallet application. Driving me nuts  Huh

The simple way to move coins between one computer and another is to send them as a transaction

2. I want a backup in case my computer crashes. Do I simply copy the backup dat file to a storage disk?

1. Download Mint wallet on the PC you wish to transfer to, open it and let it sync. Then copy your wallet.dat file over and add it into the folder. Smiley Re-open wallet, see your coins. Smiley

2. To backup your wallet, all you need to do, is keep that wallet.dat in a safe place, USB stick, dropbox, whatever you like. Smiley I'd rename it something like Mint-Backup-15-April.dat, then when you want to open it up, rename it to wallet.dat again and boom. Smiley

Thanks so much for your help, but I'm using a mac (I forgot to mention).

I've synched a new wallet on my other mac, but copying the dat file sounds simple, but I just can't do it. This has to be way way more simple in the furture if Cryptos are to become more mainstream. All the online help files say "simply copy the dat file to the folder" , but I see no folder. Just the wallet application. Driving me nuts  Huh
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
I repaired my wallet and it didn't do anything, it said wallet integrity true or something along those lines. My config file is the official one that came with the upgrade. It still keeps periodically saying ~8000 blocks remaining to sync, then after a while it will go away, then come back...Huh
Do you have all the correct addnodes?
Activity: 147
Merit: 100

Activity: 7
Aha! Thank you SOOOOO much, stormia!!! You're truly a lifesaver!

You have no idea how happy that makes me feel!!! For a moment, I was worried that I might not be able to recover my old balance!!

I'm gonna go ahead and try it! Thanks again!!!

<----- Your Biggest Fan For Life!  Cheesy Cheesy Grin

PS: I'll be happy to buy whatever you sell, even substance of oily kind!

Hi guys,

I'm having some major problem upgrading my wallet to the latest (v1.5 -> v18).  So I downloaded the latest wallet and launched it, and it gave me an error message: blkindex.dat cannot be loaded.

So then I went into '%appdata' and delete the file blkindex.dat. Now the wallet loads fine, but the old balance disappears!  I cannot see the old transaction details, and the balance is zero! (But the receiving addy is correct tho).

What happened to my wallet?  Cry Cry I'm getting really nervous now. Please help me, guys.  Thanks in advance!

Hey Wiz,

When you upgrade from any wallet before 1.7, you will need to go into your roaming MintCoin folder and delete everything except your wallet.dat file before you download the new wallet so that you can download the blockchain from the beginning. If you already did that or that doesn't work, try using the repairwallet or salvagewallet functions in the debug window. Don't worry, as long as you have your wallet.dat then your coins are safe on the blockchain just waiting for you to connect to them.

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Hi guys,

I'm having some major problem upgrading my wallet to the latest (v1.5 -> v18).  So I downloaded the latest wallet and launched it, and it gave me an error message: blkindex.dat cannot be loaded.

So then I went into '%appdata' and delete the file blkindex.dat. Now the wallet loads fine, but the old balance disappears!  I cannot see the old transaction details, and the balance is zero! (But the receiving addy is correct tho).

What happened to my wallet?  Cry Cry I'm getting really nervous now. Please help me, guys.  Thanks in advance!

Hey Wiz,

When you upgrade from any wallet before 1.7, you will need to go into your roaming MintCoin folder and delete everything except your wallet.dat file before you download the new wallet so that you can download the blockchain from the beginning. If you already did that or that doesn't work, try using the repairwallet or salvagewallet functions in the debug window. Don't worry, as long as you have your wallet.dat then your coins are safe on the blockchain just waiting for you to connect to them.
Jump to: