Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 373. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
Am I the only one who really-really misses a block explore that works?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
MINT is too PPL~
But why does't more people like to buy it?
Mint is very young. Only pump n dump/hyped coins are bought in huge quantities when this young.
Mint is for long term and slowly gaining value as infrastructure is built
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
MINT is too PPL~
But why does't more people like to buy it?
Activity: 210
Is there anyone in the MintCoin dev community looking at a MintCoin port of BitcoinJ? Or some other client only library?

Look at page 680
Activity: 224
Professional anarchist
Is there anyone in the MintCoin dev community looking at a MintCoin port of BitcoinJ? Or some other client only library?

Activity: 286
Merit: 250
Faircoin Development Team Member

I tried put the numbers into excel.
Start = 18b
1 year + 20%
2 year + 15%
3 year + 10
4 year + 5%
5 year + 5%

With these numbers do we hit 70b around 2036

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Starting at Block 100806 starting coins were 18,610,787,329.137546 that was March 9th, 2014 (about 37 days ago now)
We are now at 18,836,728,001.351253 coins outstanding; divide the difference by 37 days and you get about $6.2MM coins per day avg being added to the money supply. this comes out to approximately ~12%

Seriously? Wow! I didn't think of this to be honest. I was just trying to get as much mint as possible haha.
So there's only 27% of the max amount of mint currently 'available'? I thought everything was mined and that we were minting on top of the 70b.
That makes the stack of mint I have much more valuable all of a sudden Smiley

+1 these graphs should be on the frontpage!
Activity: 688
Merit: 506
CryptoCurrency Evangelist
Activity: 155
VOTE FOR MINTCOIN
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
It would be pretty nice if we solve the issue with the block explore
http://mint.blockx.info/get/chain/MintCoin

Last block there is more than 8 hours old and there is zero nodes.
This needs to be addressed asap.
Activity: 230
Just found this very interesting read on having an altcoin listed on lots of exchanges...everyone should read this.

http://www.cryptoscribe.com/market-trends/premature-multi-listing-destroys-new-coin-prices/
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
yay bitcoin ATM lunches in Sydney Australia today this is great news for the crypto world including mint, unfortunately the royal family landed here today as well so all media attention is going to them  Angry

http://www.cnet.com.au/sydney-bitcoin-atm-brings-cryptocurrency-into-the-real-world-339347075.htm
Has anyone got any idea as to why the Block Explorer is 6 1/2 hours behind?

http://mint.blockx.info/get/chain/MintCoin
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
does any one have a rough estimate of when we will hit 70bill coins? how many years or months of 5% pos will there be?

Start = 18b
1 year + 20%
2 year + 15%
3 year + 10
4 year + 5%
5 year + 5%

Starting at Block 100806 starting coins were 18,610,787,329.137546 that was March 9th, 2014 (about 37 days ago now)
We are now at 18,836,728,001.351253 coins outstanding; divide the difference by 37 days and you get about $6.2MM coins per day avg being added to the money supply. this comes out to approximately ~12% increase in the money supply over the first year, which means that only about ~60% of the Mintcoins are actively minting. From here we are able to chart the following:

Even though we are at the 20% annual rate for minting, only 60% of that is actually minting, so the net increase in the money supply is only about ~12%
Next year when the annual rate drops to 15%, assuming 60% minting participation, the net increase in the money supply will be only about ~9%
3rd year, 10% rate will be a 6% net
4th+ years, 5% rate will really only be a net of 3% increase to the money supply per year.

very nice chart thank you for putting your time in to it. its a very long term coin a lot more than i previously thought but thats great news, it limits the coin supply over the next 40 years this coin seems to amaze me everyday
I agree. The reason why it is wise to have some amount of inflation over an extended period of time is that it helps bring stability to the coin. If you release all of the coins that will ever be in existence in a short amount of time you get a pump and dumpy tendencies. That is why I like Mint.  The first 3 years are basically a bonus minting period, then the real long-term minting period comes extended over approximately 37 years. This allows ample time for adoption. The inflationary period lasts for ~40 years and this gives the coin merit and stability. This allows a lot of time for newcomers to come on board and get a good position before the coin becomes super rare.
does any one have a rough estimate of when we will hit 70bill coins? how many years or months of 5% pos will there be?

Start = 18b
1 year + 20%
2 year + 15%
3 year + 10
4 year + 5%
5 year + 5%

We are now at 18,836,728,001.351253 coins outstanding; divide the difference by 37 days and you get about $6.2MM coins per day avg being added to the money supply. this comes out to approximately ~12% increase in the money supply over the first year, which means that only about ~60% of the Mintcoins are actively minting. From here we are able to chart the following:

https://i.imgur.com/mG1coN7.png

https://i.imgur.com/KQZdaf2.png

Even though we are at the 20% annual rate for minting, only 60% of that is actually minting, so the net increase in the money supply is only about ~12%
Next year when the annual rate drops to 15%, assuming 60% minting participation, the net increase in the money supply will be only about ~9%
4th+ years, 5% rate will really only be a net of 3% increase to the money supply per year.

very nice chart thank you for putting your time in to it. its a very long term coin a lot more than i previously thought but thats great news, it limits the coin supply over the next 40 years this coin seems to amaze me everyday
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some

Start = 18b
1 year + 20%
2 year + 15%
3 year + 10
4 year + 5%
5 year + 5%

I'm using the conf file in the OP but lately I'm still having very slow syncing.  Does anyone have some more nodes or tips?  

It just did it again, it was counting down blocks from 8000+ then suddenly said it was synced then started at 10000+ blocks

Also I see no explanation of the coin control features in the OP.

ok first of all as long as it says its only a couple seconds behind it fine, we still have people using old wallets witch is causing this to say its behind, make sure you download the new wallet 1.8 from the mintcoin web site and deleted everything in the %appdata% file except wallet.dat (thats your coins) then copy everything from the downloaded 1.8 file to %appdata% and wait for sync

for coin control follow these steps
NEW WALLET HAS COIN CONTROL!
In wallet choose settings-->options-->display-->mark "display coin control features"
Click OK. You will see CCF on Send tab now.
If you want to send only the newest coins do the following:
Open "inputs"
Choose list mode
Click on conformations twice to sort by lowest amount of conformations first.
Select enough addresses to fulfill your required amount.
Click OK
Use sending tab as usual.
yay u r the best paspi! keep up the good work Smiley
Activity: 182
I'm using the conf file in the OP but lately I'm still having very slow syncing.  Does anyone have some more nodes or tips?  

It just did it again, it was counting down blocks from 8000+ then suddenly said it was synced then started at 10000+ blocks

Also I see no explanation of the coin control features in the OP.
Great to hear this paspi, we're real glad to have such a dedicated person on the Mintcoin Team, you truly are an asset.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Thank you for the update paspi! It sounds like you are making some really great progress, it is very much appreciated!
Jump to: