Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 375. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
If I will put lot to sell to Cryptsy will I get POS coin to may account?

No absolutely not. You are running a huge risk by keeping your funds on a exchange.
You have no control of you funds, you are basically praying that the exchange is honest and is not being hacked.
+ Plus you will not benefit from minting.

There have been so many security breaches the last 3 month:
Mt.Gox
Vircurex
Cryptorush
BIPS

To mention some..

You know the story about Mt.gox, but read theese:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49383.1060
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431099.1020
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252308.140

Personally - I only put small amount on the exchange always less than 0.5 worth of BTC, and always less than 1 hour.

This.
Coins that are not in your wallet , are not your coins , you practically lend them based on trust.
>No absolutely not. You are running a huge risk by keeping your funds on a exchange.
But I can check my found every 20 days there? Right?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
The bottom line is the price would be increasing if people weren't selling. HBN is a great example of this - the price keeps going up because sell pressure is so low. Nobody is really selling in any significant quantity.

Now, mint does have a larger cap but still, if everyone (or even MOST users) were just holding and minting, then the price should naturally be rising. It's not. Therefore, people are selling, and significant amounts.

Yeah, very few ppl are selling HBN and that's why the price goes up. I had to squeeze myself in to get some. With mint price fluctuation is often between 16 and 13sat, they are easier to get. Nonetheless I still keep mine long term.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust

No absolutely not. You are running a huge risk by keeping your funds on a exchange.
You have no control of you funds, you are basically praying that the exchange is honest and is not being hacked.

Mt.Gox
Vircurex
Cryptorush
BIPS

To mention some..

Personally - I only put small amount on the exchange always less than 0.5 worth of BTC, and always less than 1 hour.

This.
Coins that are not in your wallet , are not your coins , you practically lend them based on trust.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all

Mt.Gox
Vircurex
Cryptorush
BIPS

To mention some..

Activity: 49
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
Well I'm holding long term. All of my Mint is in my wallet. But - I wouldn't mind making a few bucks on the swings in the interim!  Grin

Thing is, I have relatively few Mint to play with, so I really can't make enough to justify the risk. So - I sit and wait for the launch, instead of trying to make enough to buy a lunch.  Wink
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
The bottom line is the price would be increasing if people weren't selling. HBN is a great example of this - the price keeps going up because sell pressure is so low. Nobody is really selling in any significant quantity.

Now, mint does have a larger cap but still, if everyone (or even MOST users) were just holding and minting, then the price should naturally be rising. It's not. Therefore, people are selling, and significant amounts.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
nermiss hit the nail on the head. It's kind of circular because I think a lot of people tried it out but then they crunched the numbers and realized the amount of mint they were making in a day wasn't all that great given the current low price per mint on exchanges. No one is thinking super long term here, I would say easily 90% or more of people on this forum are expecting to make some massive profit in a matter of months.

Some people are thinking longer term  Wink

Unfortunately too few of them
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
nermiss hit the nail on the head. It's kind of circular because I think a lot of people tried it out but then they crunched the numbers and realized the amount of mint they were making in a day wasn't all that great given the current low price per mint on exchanges. No one is thinking super long term here, I would say easily 90% or more of people on this forum are expecting to make some massive profit in a matter of months.

Some people are thinking longer term  Wink
Activity: 182
Activity: 51
check out how mintcoin is doing. WE ARE 10TH yay hopefully start moving up the list soon, our community has grown in the past week!

http://www.coingecko.com/
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Im curious to know why the multipool has not had much impact on price and can only come to 1 conclusion.  The POS interest rate seems to actually be holding this coin back for now. If I were to guess I think a lot of people just sell thier interest.

tbh, there isn't a large amount of activity on the multipool either.  There is about 50 active miners for a combined ~75Mh/s or so, compared to 'that other coin''s multipool that has 1500+ miners and 6+Gh/s last I heard.  If you want an impact, supporters have to mine.  I even tried giving away a few million mint to help it along, didn't really work.
legendary
does any one have a rough estimate of when we will hit 70bill coins? how many years or months of 5% pos will there be?

I tried put the numbers into excel.
Start = 18b
1 year + 20%
2 year + 15%
3 year + 10
4 year + 5%
5 year + 5%

With these numbers do we hit 70b around 2036

Please correct me if I am wrong.
legendary
And behold the true power of mintcoin.

All those fast price expanding coins without a good foundation are dropping like dead flies.
And in all the panic, mincoin goes steady  Grin

As a cleaver member tolled me yesterday, as long as the MINT price is stable is it good for everyone.
- It will be comfortable for new investors to come in.
- Low risk for merchants.
- Mint holders can harvest a profit by minting.  
Activity: 51
I'm sure this has been answered by someone in the thread already, but I cannot find the answer to this question:

The total amount of MINT will be 70 Billion coins. The staking process is as following:
        - PoS variable interests:
        - 1st year: 20%
        - 2nd year: 15%
        - 3rd year: 10%
        - 4th and subsequent years: 5%

What puzzles me is what happens after the 4th year? Will the minting process ever stop or will the ammount of coins exceed 70 Billion due to minting, making the amount of coins infinite?

once we hit 5% it will stay 5% until we hit 70bil coins and then all pos will stop as the coin is capped at 70bill unlike BC witch has no coin cap and poses at 1% but enough bout BC that coin suckssss
does any one have a rough estimate of when we will hit 70bill coins? how many years or months of 5% pos will there be?
Activity: 132
And behold the true power of mintcoin.

All those fast price expanding coins without a good foundation are dropping like dead flies.
And in all the panic, mincoin goes steady  Grin
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
20 days passed from my last minting

my wallet is 1.8, it is unlocked, and synchro..nothing happened...

@mintcointeam is it possible to check my wallet address?

It would be a very nice feature to add to mint-qt, if there where a small icon in the bottom right showing when the wallet is "minting".

thats true!
legendary
20 days passed from my last minting

my wallet is 1.8, it is unlocked, and synchro..nothing happened...

@mintcointeam is it possible to check my wallet address?

It would be a very nice feature to add to mint-qt, if there where a small icon in the bottom right showing when the wallet is "minting".
Activity: 210
Im curious to know why the multipool has not had much impact on price and can only come to 1 conclusion.  The POS interest rate seems to actually be holding this coin back for now. If I were to guess I think a lot of people just sell thier interest.

But if we make little a calculation:

18756335526 Mintcoins now
if we have 20% for the first year it is about 1,66 % per month
that means 1,66% from 18756335526 is = 311355169 ( per month )

311355169 divided per 30 days is = 10378505 coins per day

with the current price (16) it is a sell presure of = 1.66 BTC ( 24 h sell presure)

I know its going to change more over the months but its really not that much, isn it?
And that is just happening if everybody is selling their minted coins.

cheers

True if everybody hold all their coins in their wallets all the time.
But since alot of coins are being moved maybe 50-70% actually mints. So maybe 1btc sell pressure every 24hr
Activity: 59
I'm sure this has been answered by someone in the thread already, but I cannot find the answer to this question:

The total amount of MINT will be 70 Billion coins. The staking process is as following:
        - PoS variable interests:
        - 1st year: 20%
        - 2nd year: 15%
        - 3rd year: 10%
        - 4th and subsequent years: 5%

What puzzles me is what happens after the 4th year? Will the minting process ever stop or will the ammount of coins exceed 70 Billion due to minting, making the amount of coins infinite?

Jump to: