Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 39. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
everyone can vote MINT at https://poswallet.com and now MINT at the top of list(845/1000) .

I have voted .
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
Think when BTC price goes down, won't be able to buy MINT at 1 satoshi. Right now may be good opportunity? Not much holding the price down. Things could get interesting  Shocked
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Is 2.0.2 the current wallet?

Yes, 2.0.2 is the current wallet and can be downloaded from:

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/releases

Downloading the blockchain from scratch?  You might use the bootstrap to speed things up a bit:

http://www.mintcoinofficial.com/mintcoin-bootstrap_01-04-2017.dat.zip

Yes we hope all for a revival ;-) and a development team ;-)

Mint has a couple devs working on wallet updates.  We'll make further announcements as things progress.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 2634
I'm back in. Has been a long time. Looks like there is still some interest so happy to see that.
No more coins left at 1 satoshi Smiley

Yes we hope all for a revival ;-) and a development team ;-)
Is 2.0.2 the current wallet?
I'm back in. Has been a long time. Looks like there is still some interest so happy to see that.
No more coins left at 1 satoshi Smiley
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Cryptopia   MINT/LTC         $0.000004    
Cryptopia   MINT/UNO        $0.000005    

Activity: 623
Merit: 500
Fortune favours the bold!
What do you guys think of the market activity, and prices lately? I know BTC has been on the rise and has been pulling the USD value of MINT up along with it. As a result, MINT is somewhere between 2-3 satoshis but this is a very big spread, so it is difficult for price discovery. It basically means we have to use LTC or DOGE to test the waters. But it's not like there are tons of coins on the exchanges anyway, so the prices could really go any direction quite easily.
Look at Bitbean. It was in the same position as Mintcoin, scraping the bottom and now look at it's pump to over 30 sats. Anything is possible. But if it's going to pump it needs to do so fast. Altcoin bull market won't last forever.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
I feel something is happening .... let's wait and see.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Hmmmmm. Who's been buying up all the MINT?

I think nobody is buying any mintcoins at this time. It is already dumped to 1 satoshi on cryptopia and I don't think we will see any changes anytime soon. I am still holding and staking some but I don't see Mintcoin really going anywhere sadly.

So your not watching the volume being traded is what your saying?  It's not speculation.
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148
Hey,

Thanks for your support of CoinFestUK!

I have just posted the photos from the event onto Google Gallery : https://goo.gl/photos/yeiv7b2JYt2GMm4x9
legendary
Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008
Stoned & Stranged

I think nobody is buying any mintcoins at this time. It is already dumped to 1 satoshi on cryptopia and I don't think we will see any changes anytime soon. I am still holding and staking some but I don't see Mintcoin really going anywhere sadly.
this was a leading pos coin at one time.... what happened?

any dev team left with actual skills to turn this around or just a hobby coin now with no funding left?

If your curious about mintcoin's history you can check the history thread...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mintcoin-history-timeline-with-links-work-in-progress-1355523

Mintcoin has a small volunteer dev team currently working in the background without any funding.

This month we released 2 new rare Mint Card collectable paper wallets to all attendees at CoinFestUK 2017.

Join us on Slack or irc if you'd like to get involved.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
this was a leading pos coin at one time.... what happened?

any dev team left with actual skills to turn this around or just a hobby coin now with no funding left?
A few months ago I thought I read a Medium post saying that Airbitz had spoken to the devs about integration. I don’t see this mentioned on the main blog though. Any ideas?

I don't recall any particular news in this regard.  It's not something that anyone on the team was involved with as far as I know.  Current priorities involve wallet improvements as well as more marketing and further exploration into transparent, charitable earth friendly programs.

This month is quite busy for a few team members who have other obligations but I expect next month to be a bit more active.

We're always looking for new team members with all sorts of skills.  Get involved and help make 2017 more green.  Smiley
Activity: 12
A few months ago I thought I read a Medium post saying that Airbitz had spoken to the devs about integration. I don’t see this mentioned on the main blog though. Any ideas?
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
Activity: 12
Activity: 703
Can we fork mint coin and make it an anonyomous coin like pivx, dash or bytecoin? This might take this coin to new level. Just curious if its possible. i support many other coins too but mint is one of my favourite one since it was launched. Thanks.

Vicky,

Forking would have to be something down the line, right now it appears that the larger issue needs to be resolved... that being the block header issue to reduce resources.

crzybilly, Can you elaborate more on that? I'm not really familiar with what the block header issue is?
From reading Fuzzbawls prior posts, was that what he was referring to when he mentioned that both PIVX and MINT have optimization and performance technical roadblocks?

Yes I'm currently working with PIVX on a few things that will (eventually) lead to improvements for MINT. There is a very big technical road block that affects both projects' optimization and performance. Speaking about resource usage, you really can't compare MINT to coins with shorter chains, as resource usage does scale with chain length. most coins will consume similar resources given similar chain lengths. That isn't to say there aren't further optimizations that can be done.

I myself don't see MINT moving towards privacy/anon focused features. Given the number of recent coins doing that, I feel that there are enough coins focusing on that already and would like to see MINT have a different focus. That is of course just my own opinion and my opinion alone is not the deciding force as to where MINT goes.

I think we should eventually adopt any feasible improvement from other coins into MINT. It can't hurt, and better privacy sounds like a good one. But all things in due time right? Bottom line, is that almost anything is possible! It is good to not rush to just implement every new coin feature that is currently hot at the moment, give new technology time to get established and bugs worked out first before deciding to implement. Who knows what the next improvement and technology will be out next year that will get all the buzz and hype? There is something to be said for not trying to jump onto every new bandwagon that comes along.

MINT has advantages that other coins like PIVX don't have, such as:
1. Better name (MINT/Mintcoin the best name for a proof of stake coin; I can't think of better, so the potential marketing and branding opportunities are extreme)
2. Faster blocks (30 second blocks)
3. Staking feature is fairer and easier for you to stake with a smaller balance. MINT allows many thousands more people to stake (less centralized design).

As for other improvements and features, I don't see why MINT couldn't eventually adopt them.

Derek,

Yes it's what Fuzz was referring too... not only that though, by fixing the block header issue, it allows mintcoin to proceed with getting on the latest code base of bitcoin. The reason no coin has been able to fully adapt the latest code base with POS, is because the way POS handles block headers, and Bitcoin doesn't.
Activity: 356
Can we fork mint coin and make it an anonyomous coin like pivx, dash or bytecoin? This might take this coin to new level. Just curious if its possible. i support many other coins too but mint is one of my favourite one since it was launched. Thanks.

Vicky,

Forking would have to be something down the line, right now it appears that the larger issue needs to be resolved... that being the block header issue to reduce resources.

crzybilly, Can you elaborate more on that? I'm not really familiar with what the block header issue is?
From reading Fuzzbawls prior posts, was that what he was referring to when he mentioned that both PIVX and MINT have optimization and performance technical roadblocks?

Yes I'm currently working with PIVX on a few things that will (eventually) lead to improvements for MINT. There is a very big technical road block that affects both projects' optimization and performance. Speaking about resource usage, you really can't compare MINT to coins with shorter chains, as resource usage does scale with chain length. most coins will consume similar resources given similar chain lengths. That isn't to say there aren't further optimizations that can be done.

I myself don't see MINT moving towards privacy/anon focused features. Given the number of recent coins doing that, I feel that there are enough coins focusing on that already and would like to see MINT have a different focus. That is of course just my own opinion and my opinion alone is not the deciding force as to where MINT goes.

I think we should eventually adopt any feasible improvement from other coins into MINT. It can't hurt, and better privacy sounds like a good one. But all things in due time right? Bottom line, is that almost anything is possible! It is good to not rush to just implement every new coin feature that is currently hot at the moment, give new technology time to get established and bugs worked out first before deciding to implement. Who knows what the next improvement and technology will be out next year that will get all the buzz and hype? There is something to be said for not trying to jump onto every new bandwagon that comes along.

MINT has advantages that other coins like PIVX don't have, such as:
1. Better name (MINT/Mintcoin the best name for a proof of stake coin; I can't think of better, so the potential marketing and branding opportunities are extreme)
2. Faster blocks (30 second blocks)
3. Staking feature is fairer and easier for you to stake with a smaller balance. MINT allows many thousands more people to stake (less centralized design).

As for other improvements and features, I don't see why MINT couldn't eventually adopt them.
Pages:
Jump to: