Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 34. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
see my profile
Thanks for your post that you do not have any problems, I am happy for you.
We others however, are in this situation:

I'm trying to sync for 10 days now, I'm only past the middle and computer running 24/7..

This is insane:
To get blk0001.dat from 1,010,000 to now 1,039,183 ... took all evening.

That post about the 1,039,183 KB was at 10:13:53 PM

I stopped the insanity at 1,074,848 KB at 2:12 AM

Because that was only 35,665 KB in 4 hours.

If that bootstrap.dat goes into a blk0001.dat that is > 2,000,000 KB large, then this tells me that I would have to wait another

(1,000,000 KB / 35,665 KB) * 4 hours = 112 hours = 5 days

during which (a) my computer has to be on 24/7, (b) the SSD will get unnecessarily f***ed, and (c) my patience will evaporate.

Idea / Solution / Let's try this:

Can anyone please zip, and upload (e.g. mega.co.nz) the    blk0001.dat + /database/ + /txleveldb/    (instead of the bootstrap.dat)?  Or are there any bitcoin-technical reasons which speak against that?

I would really like to revive this wallet, and as you can see in my posts, I am trying hard, but to wait a week for a bootstrap to unravel ... is too much IMHO.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
The problem I see is: we need to get data from each other. But at this time, a lot of us needing data and very few of us has data to give. There are two ways to get pass this status:  (1) keep the MINT price stable so people with recent data (and with static IP) will start their wallet again.  (2) Just hang in there and soldier on. As the ratio of synced wallet to "empty" wallet go up, situation will improve.

Activity: 31
This is insane:

To get blk0001.dat from 1,010,000 to now 1,039,183 ... took all evening. And it has to go over 2,000,0000 KB - right?

At this speed the bootstrap.dat reading would take until the end of the month. Or the end of the summer.

*shrug* - No such problem here. All I did for the new wallet is copy my wallet.dat over, the bootstrap file, and let it rebuild for a day. I launch the wallet with "MintCoin-Qt.exe -datadir=D:\Apps\Wallets\MintCoin\DAT", to write the data to my larger SSD. This older machine has a small C-drive, and blockchains now days were eating up all of my available disk space.

If there are wallet issues though, that will definitely hurt the coin.
see my profile
This is insane:

To get blk0001.dat from 1,010,000 to now 1,039,183 ... took all evening. And it has to go over 2,000,0000 KB - right?

At this speed the bootstrap.dat reading would take until the end of the month. Or the end of the summer.

I'm trying to sync for 10 days now, I'm only past the middle and computer running 24/7..

There must be another solution.

Idea: Is there a MINT light wallet, into which I can import my secret keys, to be able to send my MINT ?

What if someone publishes his blk0001.dat + /database/ + /txleveldb/ (instead of the bootstrap.dat)?  
Activity: 48
What if someone publishes his blk0001.dat + /database/ + /txleveldb/ (instead of the bootstrap.dat)?  That would save us 12 days, right?

Exactly.
see my profile
thx

... Just let the wallet go. ...

so you mean just simple syncing? I am already at 4.04% with that, and on my slower machine, and HD.

On the other machine the blk0001.dat is at 1,008,665 KB ... but it has slowed down so much that it needs one second per KB now.
For another 1 million KB that would mean 10^6 / 60 /60 / 24 = 11 days from now
the bootstrap.dat --> blk0001.dat procedure would be ready. Plus my SSD wrecked I guess.

What if someone publishes his blk0001.dat + /database/ + /txleveldb/ (instead of the bootstrap.dat)?  That would save us 12 days, right?
Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

The 2GB only takes another couple hours to reach after the January bootstrap. No real need to update. I had some 10+ peers by that point.

Just let the wallet go. There may have been pauses, but mine finished fine without restarting. If looking at the file size on Windows, make sure to click on the block file and hit F5 on your keyboard. This will typically show the current size. Windows explorer may not continuously update the file size after a certain point, but it still grows.

My IP changes all the time, so I can't be a good static peer to add.
see my profile

2) syncing from scratch
, on a 2nd machine.
First there were no peers, but then I added many dozens of them from https://www.coinexchange.io/network/peers/MINT and finally got ... "6 active connections".
But now it is stuck at block 500.  2830755 to go?

Give it time. A full sync will take a few days.

Alright.

After quitting, and restarting, I could now get it to 5372 blocks.
But now it is stuck there.

Plus, it is assuming 3695262 blocks now, not 2.8 million.

quit. restart ... 5872 blocks now, but assuming 2100001 blocks now. This is confusing. Are there bad nodes perhaps, with wrong blocks?

And: Do I have to always kill and restart the wallet, to get it syncing continuously?

Just wanted to tell that after a couple of restarts ... it is finally syncing fine ... block 91203 ... 2.47% done

see my profile
Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

1) bootstrap.dat (1,851,231 KB)

the resulting blk0001.dat is 968,000 KB now, but only because I started it already 14 hours ago. So does this really take almost 2 days, even with a bootstrap offline block repository?

Depends on the speed of your computer. I can reload it from bootstrap in about 20-hours on my 5-year-old wallet-store PC. It takes a bit of time to process the 1.8GB of data. Total size is over 2GB today.
Over 2 GB ... So shouldn't I rather go for a newer bootstrap than the 1,851,231 KB one ? 

Who would be willing to do a newer one?

2) syncing from scratch
, on a 2nd machine.
First there were no peers, but then I added many dozens of them from https://www.coinexchange.io/network/peers/MINT and finally got ... "6 active connections".

Give it time. A full sync will take a few days.

Alright.

After quitting, and restarting, I could now get it to 5372 blocks.
But now it is stuck there.

Plus, it is assuming 3695262 blocks now, not 2.8 million.

quit. restart ... 5872 blocks now, but assuming 2100001 blocks now. This is confusing. Are there bad nodes perhaps, with wrong blocks?

And: Do I have to always kill and restart the wallet, to get it syncing continuously?

There aren't a lot of peers out there right now, but I'm one of them.

Good to know. Is your IP among the list I got from coinexchange?

the resulting blk0001.dat is 968,000 KB now, but only because I started it already 14 hours ago. So does this really take almost 2 days, even with a bootstrap offline block repository?

Depends on the speed of your computer. I can reload it from bootstrap in about 20-hours on my 5-year-old wallet-store PC. It takes a bit of time to process the 1.8GB of data. Total size is over 2GB today.

2) syncing from scratch
, on a 2nd machine.

Give it time. A full sync will take a few days. There aren't a lot of peers out there right now, but I'm one of them.
see my profile
I am trying to access my old coins, but is turning into a cumbersome experience.

Yes, I am using the newest Mintcoin v2.0.2.0   (MintCoin-Qt.exe)

Two paths, both *sigh*:

2) syncing from scratch
, on a 2nd machine.
But now it is stuck at block 500.  2830755 to go?

About (1) no one can do anything I think. It just needs 2 days of patience - right?

Idea: Is there a MINT light wallet, into which I can import my secret keys, to be able to send my MINT ?

About (2) ... I think you/someone should try to find out what is wrong with your coin:
Please download MintCoin-Qt.exe v2.0.2.0, then move/rename/delete everything in %APPDATA%/MintCoin (apart from your wallet.dat of course)...

... and test it yourself:
MINT v2.0.2 might have an issue with block 500 when syncing from scratch.

Hope this helps,

(-: Mf7wCiDe84QfG9SQgUkwTYxfYvpY2Rooua Thx!
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
watching closely. hoping the premine won't be absurd or exist at all.
What's the total premined of this coin?

You can look at the BE to try and trace any premine. I will say, however, that a premine way back in Feb 2014 by a dev that has long since abandoned the coin is of little consequence today.
Activity: 728
Merit: 254
watching closely. hoping the premine won't be absurd or exist at all.
What's the total premined of this coin?
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
No sign of that increase on Cryptopia.

Perhaps another exchange added MINT? All the old coins with working blockchains are being loaded up...

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
No sign of that increase on Cryptopia.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Can someone explain the crazy increase today? I was checking coinmarketcap and the value has been increased more than 100% just today. Unless something special going on, this sounds like a pump-dump scheme.
Activity: 32
Does anyone have any questions about my idea?   (Thank you!)

Or do not understand my idea, because of my poor English?   (So sorry!!)

I really want to help "MINTcoin and people around the world"!!!!!!!!!

I am """NOT""" kidding, I had invested more than "$US 700,000 dollars (ALL my possessions!!!)" for "it"!!!!!!!!!
"IT" IS MY DREAM!!!!!!!!!

I very so love MINTcoin!!!!!!!!!
MINTcoin is "FUTURE", and I will achieve "it", please TRUST ME, thank you very so much!!!!!!!!!

(Thank you so much!)

Your english is OK, so no problems there.
Maybe you could start by sharing a bit of background: why MINT coin? How did you learn about it? What is so special in it for your project that makes MINT the perfect choice for it, rather than any other cryptocurrency? Stuff like that.

Thank you!!

My idea was to start thinking when I came into contact with MINTcoin.   (Started in late February 2014!)

"5% APR of MINTcoin" is very so important to me!!!!!!!!!

My idea is to "discount" any merchandise, discount is """98% OFF"""!!!!!!!!!

For MINTcoin, this will make it the most useful currency ever!!!

For people around the world, this will be able to buy any merchandise at a SUPER cheap price!!!!!!!!!   ("""98% OFF"""!!!!!!!!!)

The price cost all by me to bear, consumers only need to bear the original price of """2%"""!!!!!!!!!   (My website "ONLY" accept "MINTcoin"!!!)

I have "enough" MINTcoin, so """5% APR of MINTcoin""" can let me achieve my idea!!!

(Thank you so much!)

So the idea is to take the MINT that people spend in your shop and earn 5% annually to recover the difference in the price. Have you calculated how long it would take to earn (with 5% annual return) the difference between the 2% sales price and the 98% loss that you will have on each sale?

For example: you buy a $100 gift card and then sell it for $2 (in MINT of course). Then you start to earn 5% on the $2. How long will it take to recover the $98 you lost in the sale?

Is there something about your idea that I'm not understanding?

Your English is good enough, not poor.

Thank you very so much for your praise!   ...   lol

I try to explain in detail ...

I rely on "5% APR of MINTcoin" to operate, so "5% APR of MINTcoin" is very so important to me!!!!!!!!!   ( APR = Annual Percentage Rate )   ( MINTcoin's system is "POS", and POS's APR is """5%"""!!! )

"98% OFF" ...
"""2%""" is JUST to allow consumers to use "MINTcoin", and can ONLY use "MINTcoin"! (In some days can be "even LOWER"!! ... lol)

I DONATE my "5% APR of MINTcoin", so do """NOT""" need to consider the cost of recycling, I JUST want to help "MINTcoin and the people around the world"!

And I believe that "my IDEA" can make MINTcoin's demand grow into INFINITY, then this will also make the price of MINTcoin has been price increases, and my "5% APR of MINTcoin" can more and more POWERFUL to help "MINTcoin and the people around the world"!!!
"""INFINITE LOOP"""!!!!!!!!!

I have very so lot of MINTcoin, so I believe I can achieve """THIS DREAM"""!!!!!!!!!

I know "my IDEA" is """very so CRAZY"""!!!   ...   lol
BUT I JUST want to help "MINTcoin and the people around the world"!!!!!!!!!   ...   ^_<

(Thank you so much!)
Activity: 32
Man @Wonders What are u Smokin, pass it to me pls 😂

Someone has an idea why mint coin should succeed?

I'm still preparing, but "MONEY" is the biggest problem.

MINTcoin will be successful, because I will make her successful!

(Thank you so much!)
Activity: 35
Someone with a lot of subscribers on Youtube should post some nice video about Mintcoin.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
What is happening? Is there any news? 525% increase !!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

little pump before big dump

Nah, just riding the wave of new investors. And, this will cause old investors to dust off their wallets and either start staking (like me) or, selling but, the selling won't pick up for a while. The hype is so strong across the market right now that even the old projects are feeling the pressure to gain value. Just enjoy it...
Pages:
Jump to: