Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 38. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Order book on Cryptopia is starting to look good. 3 Satoshi's is the next step then bring on 10 Smiley
Activity: 703
Merit: 250
I am invested and will be watching.

I also, but the sync from the wallet is sooo long...

did you download the bootstrap from here: http://www.mintcoinofficial.com/

How long does this take?  It seems like it is stuck on Mint logo when I try to open wallet.

Correct, you will only see the logo during the import... takes roughly a day but it really depends on your computer
Activity: 88
Merit: 10

How long does this take?  It seems like it is stuck on Mint logo when I try to open wallet.
Activity: 703

legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 2634

Activity: 572
Merit: 106
Is there any exchange where i can buy mintcoin?
Or is it just traded in forums?
Activity: 79
I saw mintcoin got 1k votes on PoSwallets.com. This means it will be added i think?
Good news for MINT since it will make it much easier to get into holding mintcoin without loading the wallet wich can take up to weeks.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Hmmmmm. Who's been buying up all the MINT?

I think nobody is buying any mintcoins at this time. It is already dumped to 1 satoshi on cryptopia and I don't think we will see any changes anytime soon. I am still holding and staking some but I don't see Mintcoin really going anywhere sadly.

last week more than 1 billion mint have been bought at cryptopia! who's buying? what happend?

I bought 160m, Mint has hit the bottom and is about to rise.

You are Superhero. I will follow you  .
Activity: 162
Is it a good news for move the price more higher?
I noticed that Fuzzbawls, the MINT developer, is also one of the developers of PIVX, a privacy based PoS coin which has been soaring in price lately.
I have downloaded the PIVX wallet to check it out and compare and it really loads fast and runs using about 1/6 the RAM that MINT does. Is there any possibility that since we have Fuzzbawls as our dev, the beneficial features of PIVX code such as anononiminty, instant transactions, and wallet performance optimizations will be migrated into MINT? I like the features of PIVX, and I see why people like it, except I believe MINT's proof of stake parameters are much better and more fair for long-term growth and sustainability. And the 5% APR is perfect for long-term growing.
Privacy in coins seem to be all the rage now and I for one would welcome the changes neccesary to upgrade MINT code to allow for Master Nodes coin mixing anononiminty, faster transactions, and smoother overall performance, such as faster loading times and less RAM usage. MINT uses a lot of RAM compared to other wallets and I'm not entirely sure why. I know MINT has a lot of coins and a lot of blocks and 2x faster block speed even than PIVX which is nice.
But what I'm saying is, average user will probably not tolerate running a wallet if it seems like such a hog.and people want privacy/anonymity.
I think if MINT were to adopt these PIVX features, it would bring new life into this coin.
Regardless of what others might think, MINT has the best proof of stake parameters of all the coins. This is the core of our coin; what makes Mintcoin MINT! But I believe MINT is being held back by a lack of optimization and technological advances that didn't exist in the beginning.
What does Fuzzbawls think?
Anyone else on board with me? If so, how can it be done? What is our roadmap for development? I think if even just the word gets out that MINT is going to implement similar PIVX anonymous/privacy features and upgrades, as part our development roadmap, then it will give MINT a big boost. And once finally implemented, I see MINT becoming a top 10 contender. I for one am willing to invest big into MINT if this roadmap becomes a reality. Demand for privacy is big. Before people are going to store a lot of wealth on this coin people will demand these features.

Yes I'm currently working with PIVX on a few things that will (eventually) lead to improvements for MINT. There is a very big technical road block that affects both projects' optimization and performance. Speaking about resource usage, you really can't compare MINT to coins with shorter chains, as resource usage does scale with chain length. most coins will consume similar resources given similar chain lengths. That isn't to say there aren't further optimizations that can be done.

I myself don't see MINT moving towards privacy/anon focused features. Given the number of recent coins doing that, I feel that there are enough coins focusing on that already and would like to see MINT have a different focus. That is of course just my own opinion and my opinion alone is not the deciding force as to where MINT goes.
Good news!! We hope that the price of MINT can be like IPVX to 1.5$ Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

I think nobody is buying any mintcoins at this time. It is already dumped to 1 satoshi on cryptopia and I don't think we will see any changes anytime soon. I am still holding and staking some but I don't see Mintcoin really going anywhere sadly.

last week more than 1 billion mint have been bought at cryptopia! who's buying? what happend?

I remeber MINT from when it was released Smiley Good times.

IXCoin is another old coin that I believe has bottomed and will only be rising in the future.  (Free tip)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1616394

I bought 160m, Mint has hit the bottom and is about to rise.

Activity: 284
Good old friend mint! How it is going? 1k pages anniversary )
Activity: 623
Merit: 500
Fortune favours the bold!
Picked some up at 1 sat. Worth a gamble for old times sake.
everyone can vote MINT at https://poswallet.com and now MINT at the top of list(845/1000) .

I have voted .

Do you need to register to vote?

Yes ,it need to register!
everyone can vote MINT at https://poswallet.com and now MINT at the top of list(845/1000) .

I have voted .

Do you need to register to vote?
Activity: 71

I have voted .

Oh sweet. MINT is a great staker coin. It allows minting to happen even with a small amount. It is a nice perk.
Pages:
Jump to: