Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 42. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I think we all believe that MINT is a hidden gem, but right now all we are is a bunch of bag holders.  I've believed in this coin since day 1, and mined some of the first blocks 3 years ago, but we need to get this coin used and less holding.  I've watched it land on the biggest exchanges and now it barely has life on the smallest exchange.  We are on the verge of moving to a permanent LTC/MINT pairing and at that point, we all know how hard it is to get it back to BTC.  In fact, I've never seen it happen.

We have great devs here and a community thats willing to help this coin grow, but what it really needs is a place to be spent and circulated, put back into a viable exchange and the retailers can convert back to BTC or whichever they prefer.   Once we lose the BTC pairing,  it's lights out.

Sorry for the negativity lately, but it sucks watching this coin go from what it was, where it was going, and where it is today.

I used to own MINT a long time ago...I think crypto world is so fast that it will just fade away...nice words though
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
I never mined MINT either. The reason I got into it was as a mining replacement. So far I must say it is doing quite nicely. It is basically identical in my mind to mining. You are guaranteed 5% if you have any sizeable balance. Throw down 1 BTC and generate 0.05 BTC per year, assuming stable exchange rate. Exchange rate always fluctuate depending on market sentiment and other coins pumping or dumping so that's impossible to know how it will be in a year and where equilibrium is on the exchange rate, I'm not sure. The difference between minting and mining is those who are miners need to do transactions with their coins in order to reinvest in mining gear to keep up with difficulty. With minting you don't need to do transactions by trading your coins in order to keep your minting up. With MINT, the Sellers are actually selling minting power. Mintcoin is all about buying and selling minting power. I think it is a great idea. Maybe others don't. I have been wondering about wallet updates, how are they progressing?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
I think we all believe that MINT is a hidden gem, but right now all we are is a bunch of bag holders.  I've believed in this coin since day 1, and mined some of the first blocks 3 years ago, but we need to get this coin used and less holding.  I've watched it land on the biggest exchanges and now it barely has life on the smallest exchange.  We are on the verge of moving to a permanent LTC/MINT pairing and at that point, we all know how hard it is to get it back to BTC.  In fact, I've never seen it happen.

We have great devs here and a community thats willing to help this coin grow, but what it really needs is a place to be spent and circulated, put back into a viable exchange and the retailers can convert back to BTC or whichever they prefer.   Once we lose the BTC pairing,  it's lights out.

Sorry for the negativity lately, but it sucks watching this coin go from what it was, where it was going, and where it is today.

I entered this community much later then you as I never mined mint.  While many would like to see more volume on this coin, my question to an OG community member is, what are your solutions?  How are you working to solve this issue?  

You call yourself a bag holder.  Why are you holding when you think the coin should be spent?  Have you considered doing some transactions?  If no then why?  Have you suggested a product or service you'd like to purchase with mint?

Mint will become what the active community members want it to be.  You don't have to be a dev or part of the team to contribute.

On a side note...some preview images of the new Mint Cards were released on the Slack channel today.   Shocked
Activity: 424
I think we all believe that MINT is a hidden gem, but right now all we are is a bunch of bag holders.  I've believed in this coin since day 1, and mined some of the first blocks 3 years ago, but we need to get this coin used and less holding.  I've watched it land on the biggest exchanges and now it barely has life on the smallest exchange.  We are on the verge of moving to a permanent LTC/MINT pairing and at that point, we all know how hard it is to get it back to BTC.  In fact, I've never seen it happen.

We have great devs here and a community thats willing to help this coin grow, but what it really needs is a place to be spent and circulated, put back into a viable exchange and the retailers can convert back to BTC or whichever they prefer.   Once we lose the BTC pairing,  it's lights out.

Activity: 154
A more abundant supply of new and improved Mint Cards at a much lower price point will allow new users to enter the eco-system without the need for a hardware wallet.  Also consider that more then half of the supply will go to CoinFestUK 2017 attendees which may or may not have had ANY interaction with MINT.  I expect to see some new community members around the time that those cards are distributed.

Some of you may have seen another crypto market recently which is based on digital trading cards.  They've used a lot of ideas that I've mentioned around Mint Cards and their market is thriving.  Considering this, I think we're headed in a positive direction.

And speaking of Mint Cards...they'll be in my hands TOMORROW.  Once they're received I'll start on assembly.  I'll also start considering discounted pre-orders.  If anyone has concepts for future cards or would like to contribute in any manner, now is a good time to communicate your ideas.  I'd love to hear from you.

I'm excited to continue expanding and developing the Mint Shop including the addition of new plant seeds.  In the future I expect to offer seeds from some of my own personal, robust plants for a cost lower then anything currently offered in the shop.

Testing continues on the new wallet.  We're very lucky to have such committed devs that see the long vision.  The current team has been committed to MINT for some time now and we have a great working relationship.

I believe mint is a hidden gem.  Time will tell.  Stay minty my friends.  Smiley
What do you guys think of the market activity, and prices lately? I know BTC has been on the rise and has been pulling the USD value of MINT up along with it. As a result, MINT is somewhere between 2-3 satoshis but this is a very big spread, so it is difficult for price discovery. It basically means we have to use LTC or DOGE to test the waters. But it's not like there are tons of coins on the exchanges anyway, so the prices could really go any direction quite easily.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Cryptopia won't allow MINT withdrawals...

Anyone know what's going on?

Cryptopia has just migrated to a new data centre.  Give them some time to get all their wallets back up.

Has this withdrawal issue been resolved?

Yes. It appears that this issue has been resolved. Withdrawals should be working now. Please notify if not.
I just noticed that the MINT block explorers are not working.

http://www.fuzzbawls.pw/explore/MintCoin/    (503 error)

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

http://https//prohashing.com/explorer/Mintcoin/   (site can't be reached)

http://explorer.coinpayments.net/index.php?chain=16  (lagging behind)
I was going ask the same thing. I can't check on it ATM busy at work.

Cryptopia has just migrated to a new data centre.  Give them some time to get all their wallets back up.

Activity: 150

Activity: 438

Activity: 356
Hey,

Anyone have any suggestions how to get this coin "rebooted" again?   There seems to be little to no activity other than hold and collect more coins.  This seems detrimental to the coin at this point without and liquidity and coins changing hands.  

How can we promote this coin to start changing hands?
Well, I can see what you're saying on the one hand. On the other hand, it is typically a bad idea to just try to "force" the market to move. It seems as though not many people are wanting to buy a lot of new coins at this point, but conversely are not willing to part with their Mintcoins either... they're content with "minting". Maybe I don't want to sell the coins I have, but I don't have any extra to invest in buying additional coins. In my mind it doesn't make sense to force volume liquidity buying and selling just to "move coins to change hands". I mean you could do it if that that trading style fits your fancy. Personally, it seems too risky. I think the general attitude here is we want a more stable exchange rate, that is not so harshly volatile. Obviously if we want our Mintcoins to be worth something of value, there has to be a buyer. And Obviously if we want to Obtain the most amount of Mintcoins as possible, for minting, then we will want to try to buy them for the cheapest price we can. So there is a balance of supply and demand at all times, and in light of what other currencies are doing, sometimes it pays to be patient..
Keep in mind that even very small price changes can add up over time. For example just a 1% move up in a currency in 1 day, calculates out to being an annual rate increase of 3,640.93% due to compounding, if a currency were to go up 1% per day for a year. So typically when you see even a 1% move in a day, it is indicative of an unsustainable long-term trend, and thus, the longer that type of price action continues, the greater probability of a pullback or reversal with each passing day.
The same logic also applies in the other direction (down); however, the math is different: For example, If a currency loses 1% per day for a year, the currency would be down by -97.42% in a year.

Something to think about. Happy trading Smiley
my wallet is not working, i run it 24 hour a day

first it use a full core of my cpu, so it s very slow to use not great
2nd the blockchain is always sync because it s behind couple of hours
but it was always minting , lot of rejected but there are accepted also so it stay like that for long time

now i tried to send to cryptopia, tried lot of time but to big amount it failed or it s say confilct with alredy spend coins
i did wallet repaid few times
i finally send 2 x 10000 mint  couple of days ago, they got lot of confirmation but never arrive on cryptopia

if i check this block explorer, https://prohashing.com/explorer/Mintcoin/
than look like there was no activity on my wallet sins october 2016  Huh

looks like i m on a fork

so i start up the wallet my wallet on my other computers, it was couple of month behind, toke some time to catch up
but i end with the same problem

so i decide to download the boot trap , but not sure if it s working, it was importing the boot trap sins 2 days, so i decide to kill the cpu process and start again , but 3 days alter it still importing the boot trap,  why is it so slow, even bigger wallet take lot less time
my big bitcoin wallet do it even faster and there is 60gigas more

i also read some nodes but not helping to get on the right chain

i m gonna start a fresh one with the nodes listed on cryptopia
-What version of the Client are you running?
-What operating system?
Mintcoin has about 7x as many blocks as Bitcoin, and generates 2,880 new blocks per day, so it is going to take time to synchronize, and uses a bit more CPU when trying to catch up. My guess is, even with the lastest bootstrap from January 4th 2017, it may be a couple days of running to get fully synced up.
Recommended System Requirements:
-1 Ghz+ available CPU
-2 GB+ available RAM
-Stable/moderate to high speed internet connection

EDIT:
Also, you can check on the peers you are connected to in your client by going to
Help > Debug Window > Console
then type 'getpeerinfo' and hit enter. It should show you what versions and blocks the peers you are connected to are on.
Alternatively, you can check the current peers list in the last 24 hours at http://www.fuzzbawls.pw/explore/MintCoin/network.php
Look at the list of peers running the current version /MintCoin:2.0.2/ by clicking 'Nodes'
Activity: 750
Anyone have any suggestions how to get this coin "rebooted" again?   There seems to be little to no activity other than hold and collect more coins.  This seems detrimental to the coin at this point without and liquidity and coins changing hands. 

I guess you've only been paying attention to exchange liquidity and have missed the announcements of physical trading cards, the announcement of the mintcoin seed market, and the testnet announcement
Activity: 424
Anyone have any suggestions how to get this coin "rebooted" again?   There seems to be little to no activity other than hold and collect more coins.  This seems detrimental to the coin at this point without and liquidity and coins changing hands. 

legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
my wallet is not working, i run it 24 hour a day

first it use a full core of my cpu, so it s very slow to use not great
2nd the blockchain is always sync because it s behind couple of hours
but it was always minting , lot of rejected but there are accepted also so it stay like that for long time

now i tried to send to cryptopia, tried lot of time but to big amount it failed or it s say confilct with alredy spend coins
i did wallet repaid few times
i finally send 2 x 10000 mint  couple of days ago, they got lot of confirmation but never arrive on cryptopia

if i check this block explorer, https://prohashing.com/explorer/Mintcoin/
than look like there was no activity on my wallet sins october 2016  Huh

looks like i m on a fork

so i start up the wallet my wallet on my other computers, it was couple of month behind, toke some time to catch up
but i end with the same problem

so i decide to download the boot trap , but not sure if it s working, it was importing the boot trap sins 2 days, so i decide to kill the cpu process and start again , but 3 days alter it still importing the boot trap,  why is it so slow, even bigger wallet take lot less time
my big bitcoin wallet do it even faster and there is 60gigas more

i also re add some nodes but not helping to get on the right chain

i m gonna start a fresh one with the nodes listed on cryptopia
Activity: 154
Anything new going on? How has new wallet tests been going?

Preparing the new Mint Cards for print.

Very rough but working version of the new Mint Shop is online at mintymintcoin.com selling plant seeds.  Related Mint Shop announcements will come from @MintcoinShop on Twitter.
Activity: 750
Anything new going on? How has new wallet tests been going?

plenty of new things going on! Don't always have the time or prepared formal statements to post them all here, though you can hit is up on slack for a more informal discussion. The TestNet is running well with the 2.0.3RC client but I have had to take some time away from 2.1 updates/testing this past week to attend to other work.
Pages:
Jump to: