Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 40. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 703
Merit: 250
Can we fork mint coin and make it an anonyomous coin like pivx, dash or bytecoin? This might take this coin to new level. Just curious if its possible. i support many other coins too but mint is one of my favourite one since it was launched. Thanks.

Vicky,

Forking would have to be something down the line, right now it appears that the larger issue needs to be resolved... that being the block header issue to reduce resources.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Can we fork mint coin and make it an anonyomous coin like pivx, dash or bytecoin? This might take this coin to new level. Just curious if its possible. i support many other coins too but mint is one of my favourite one since it was launched. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008
Stoned & Stranged
Cool. Is there any kind of info flyer to go along with it that explains MINT?

Yup.  An insert is included with general information.  I posted a link while writing that info in the community Slack asking for input.  Maybe a CoinFestUK attendee will post a pic?   Tongue

Hey,

We will have some photos soon from the event and I'll post them of the awesome MINT cards!

Thanks again

Good luck with the event I am looking forward to see the photos. I really hope it will help renew the attention around MINT I still believe it is a good coin which can explode at any moment.
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

Yup.  An insert is included with general information.  I posted a link while writing that info in the community Slack asking for input.  Maybe a CoinFestUK attendee will post a pic?   Tongue

Hey,

We will have some photos soon from the event and I'll post them of the awesome MINT cards!

Thanks again
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Reminder that CoinFestUK 2017 starts tomorrow!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/coinfest-uk-1163402

https://www.coinfestuk.org

240 Mint Cards will be given away at the event!

TOO FRESH.

Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
I leave you with some thoughts:

People find waiting for a larger reward more difficult when an immediate reward is physically close to them, openly visible, or partially sensed.

The best traders think differently from the rest.  The best traders aren't afraid.

Afraid of:
1. being wrong.
2. losing money.
3. missing out.
4. leaving money you could have taken on the table.
What you are describing here are more gambler personality types. And such on a sure thing 5% staking coin!
The best traders are all checks and ballances, weighting out risks and hedging them. That type of math more like housekeeping, not of probabilities.

When I truly gamble, all of that traders best practises remain untouched. Different world.
Reminder that CoinFestUK 2017 starts tomorrow!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/coinfest-uk-1163402

https://www.coinfestuk.org

240 Mint Cards will be given away at the event!

TOO FRESH.

Shocked
What would it take to get MINT listed on POSwallet.com?

Currently we are ranked at #4 in coins being voted for inclusion with 265 votes.

Language on poswallet.com reads:

"The following coins are up for vote to be added to the PoSWallet website - each user gets 1 free vote each day. Paid votes can be purchased for 400 PoSW each.

Once a coin reaches 1000 votes, it will be added to PoSWallet.com (only one free coin will be added each week, on Sunday). Coins can always be added by purchasing via the menu on the right. We currently only accept coins derived from Bitcoin/Litecoin/Blackcoin that include some form of proof-of-stake."
What would it take to get MINT listed on POSwallet.com?
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
very good time to buy this coin.
Any plan on putting advertising and promotional campaign so that MINT can become popular again?

Current promotion will take place at CoinFestUK 2017 on April 7th and 8th.  240 unique Mint Cards will be given away at the event.

coinfestuk.org
coinfestuk.org/partnerships
mintymintcoin.com/MintCards.html
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
What focus would you like to see? What is the development roadmap for MINT?

May be of interest to you...

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/MintCoin-Docs

Any plan on putting advertising and promotional campaign so that MINT can become popular again?

May be of interest to you...

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/MintCoin-Docs
I noticed that Fuzzbawls, the MINT developer, is also one of the developers of PIVX, a privacy based PoS coin which has been soaring in price lately.
I have downloaded the PIVX wallet to check it out and compare and it really loads fast and runs using about 1/6 the RAM that MINT does. Is there any possibility that since we have Fuzzbawls as our dev, the beneficial features of PIVX code such as anononiminty, instant transactions, and wallet performance optimizations will be migrated into MINT? I like the features of PIVX, and I see why people like it, except I believe MINT's proof of stake parameters are much better and more fair for long-term growth and sustainability. And the 5% APR is perfect for long-term growing.
Privacy in coins seem to be all the rage now and I for one would welcome the changes neccesary to upgrade MINT code to allow for Master Nodes coin mixing anononiminty, faster transactions, and smoother overall performance, such as faster loading times and less RAM usage. MINT uses a lot of RAM compared to other wallets and I'm not entirely sure why. I know MINT has a lot of coins and a lot of blocks and 2x faster block speed even than PIVX which is nice.
But what I'm saying is, average user will probably not tolerate running a wallet if it seems like such a hog.and people want privacy/anonymity.
I think if MINT were to adopt these PIVX features, it would bring new life into this coin.
Regardless of what others might think, MINT has the best proof of stake parameters of all the coins. This is the core of our coin; what makes Mintcoin MINT! But I believe MINT is being held back by a lack of optimization and technological advances that didn't exist in the beginning.
What does Fuzzbawls think?
Anyone else on board with me? If so, how can it be done? What is our roadmap for development? I think if even just the word gets out that MINT is going to implement similar PIVX anonymous/privacy features and upgrades, as part our development roadmap, then it will give MINT a big boost. And once finally implemented, I see MINT becoming a top 10 contender. I for one am willing to invest big into MINT if this roadmap becomes a reality. Demand for privacy is big. Before people are going to store a lot of wealth on this coin people will demand these features.

Yes I'm currently working with PIVX on a few things that will (eventually) lead to improvements for MINT. There is a very big technical road block that affects both projects' optimization and performance. Speaking about resource usage, you really can't compare MINT to coins with shorter chains, as resource usage does scale with chain length. most coins will consume similar resources given similar chain lengths. That isn't to say there aren't further optimizations that can be done.

I myself don't see MINT moving towards privacy/anon focused features. Given the number of recent coins doing that, I feel that there are enough coins focusing on that already and would like to see MINT have a different focus. That is of course just my own opinion and my opinion alone is not the deciding force as to where MINT goes.
MINT is stuck at the "Big Bump in the Road" for POS projects.

They are basically the masternodes concept, before that word became hip.

So if you want to stake the bigger more popular coin, the POS miners need to move up the ladder and host a fulltime all the time node, that means a dedicated machine.  You usta be able to mine BTC on a PC, usta;)

Is there instrct for installing MINT on a server?
What do you mean?
MINT doesn't have Master Nodes, at least not yet.... That is what I am saying we should add them and introduce privacy/anonymity into MINT.

PIVX requires 10,000 coins out of their roughly 53,000,000 total to form a master node.

If MINT decided to implement this, using a similar % of coins required to create a master node, then a MINT master node would require roughly 5,000,000 coins.

But since MINT has better staking parameters with the 20 days wait, there is more opportunities. We could lower the coin requirements, so even say 1,000,000 coins for a master node and that way with the same.captial, you could form 5 times as many master nodes and make the anononiminty 5x stronger and involve 5x as many participants.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
MINT is stuck at the "Big Bump in the Road" for POS projects.

They are basically the masternodes concept, before that word became hip.

So if you want to stake the bigger more popular coin, the POS miners need to move up the ladder and host a fulltime all the time node, that means a dedicated machine.  You usta be able to mine BTC on a PC, usta;)

Is there instrct for installing MINT on a server?
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
I noticed that Fuzzbawls, the MINT developer, is also one of the developers of PIVX, a privacy based PoS coin which has been soaring in price lately.
I have downloaded the PIVX wallet to check it out and compare and it really loads fast and runs using about 1/6 the RAM that MINT does. Is there any possibility that since we have Fuzzbawls as our dev, the beneficial features of PIVX code such as anononiminty, instant transactions, and wallet performance optimizations will be migrated into MINT? I like the features of PIVX, and I see why people like it, except I believe MINT's proof of stake parameters are much better and more fair for long-term growth and sustainability. And the 5% APR is perfect for long-term growing.
Privacy in coins seem to be all the rage now and I for one would welcome the changes neccesary to upgrade MINT code to allow for Master Nodes coin mixing anononiminty, faster transactions, and smoother overall performance, such as faster loading times and less RAM usage. MINT uses a lot of RAM compared to other wallets and I'm not entirely sure why. I know MINT has a lot of coins and a lot of blocks and 2x faster block speed even than PIVX which is nice.
But what I'm saying is, average user will probably not tolerate running a wallet if it seems like such a hog.and people want privacy/anonymity.
I think if MINT were to adopt these PIVX features, it would bring new life into this coin.
Regardless of what others might think, MINT has the best proof of stake parameters of all the coins. This is the core of our coin; what makes Mintcoin MINT! But I believe MINT is being held back by a lack of optimization and technological advances that didn't exist in the beginning.
Anyone else on board with me? If so, how can it be done? What is our roadmap for development? I think if even just the word gets out that MINT is going to implement similar PIVX anonymous/privacy features and upgrades, as part our development roadmap, then it will give MINT a big boost. And once finally implemented, I see MINT becoming a top 10 contender. I for one am willing to invest big into MINT if this roadmap becomes a reality. Demand for privacy is big. Before people are going to store a lot of wealth on this coin people will demand these features.

Yes I'm currently working with PIVX on a few things that will (eventually) lead to improvements for MINT. There is a very big technical road block that affects both projects' optimization and performance. Speaking about resource usage, you really can't compare MINT to coins with shorter chains, as resource usage does scale with chain length. most coins will consume similar resources given similar chain lengths. That isn't to say there aren't further optimizations that can be done.

I myself don't see MINT moving towards privacy/anon focused features. Given the number of recent coins doing that, I feel that there are enough coins focusing on that already and would like to see MINT have a different focus. That is of course just my own opinion and my opinion alone is not the deciding force as to where MINT goes.
Mint Cards #2:  Big Fern and #3:  Fork of August 2015 are now available.  396 cards were printed in total, each with it's own unique public address and private key.  240 cards will be distributed at CoinFestUK 2017 in April.  I've added another protective layer over the hologram which may improve security on the card itself in comparison to the original, Mint Lotus Alpha.

You can purchase a new card with mintcoin in the Mint Shop at mintymintcoin.com or on Twitter @MintcoinShop.  More info and pics:  http://mintymintcoin.com/MintCards.html

Nice. Are you going to do any burns?  Smiley

Eventually some cards will be destroyed.  However, based on overall mintcoin community contributions and how the market responds, I may need to focus my time on other areas of mintcoin at least temporarily.  A more pressing issue from my perspective is the availability of some type of official light wallet or a similar digital solution which allows new users to hold mint without the need for the pro QT wallet or a blockchain download.
Pages:
Jump to: